Opinion Yes we can win the 2015 flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me about it - I really struggle to understand why a team can be really fit one year, and then not the next. With the money involved, and experience of people involved etc, it should just about be an exact science (injuries aside).
The 2 most critical words there. If players don't have preseasons as mids or runners , and if there are several of them, you have very little hope of competing deep in September.
Injuries have caused our lack of depth, clearly .

The 2 most critical words there. If players don't have preseasons as mids or runners , and if there are several of them, you have very little hope of competing deep in September.
Injuries have caused our lack of depth, clearly .

Yeah I see what you're saying - injuries clearly cost us the required fitness this year, and also the fact we lacked the right demographics to have enough guys able to run at their best at the right time of year. Still, perhaps it's just the vibe, but I feel we have seen teams fluctuate quite significantly in terms of fitness from year to year, beyond what can simply be explained by injuries.

Yes, it would be the common sense approach, after watching Geelong's 2014 season, to expect that there was unlimited scope for the team to get better and win the flag.

We came 5th this year and have the potential to get better next year , it's just common sense that we can win the premrship.To be honest I am confident if we don't win he flag in 2015 we will in 2016

These, however, are clearly examples of the illogical ramblings of a troll.

I don't believe we need a side as good as 07-11. I do believe we need a side that's better than Hawthorn 2014. On this season's form, are the Cats anywhere near that? No, they're not.

Even with Frawley and Clark (which is fantasy land stuff in itself), there are a lot of holes in the side in key areas, clear fitness problems, lack of an effective gameplan, and the age-gap issue.

Most unconvincing top 4 finish in quite some time. Straight sets proved that.

And all those players near the end are going to get worse, not better.

I mean, older players who were showing prominent signs of struggling in 2014 getting even worse a year later? What a far-out idea.

Yes, it would be the common sense approach, after watching Geelong's 2014 season, to expect that there was unlimited scope for the team to get better and win the flag.

I mean, older players who were showing prominent signs of struggling in 2014 getting even worse a year later? What a far-out idea.
talking TO yourself or ABOUT yourself, Biggy? Either of those is a real worry- you should seek help :)

Teriyakicat do something it's happening! :mad:

On another note, it's nice to go back an read my thoughts and wisdom from the past... :p
s**t!! :eek:

images

images

There! Fixed it.
Anything else before I go to bed, Alkanphel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think I was wrong about anything really in this thread. I never said we were certain to do anything , the whole point of this thread was that we are heading in the right direction , which is still correct.If things go our way over the trade period we are not far from a premiership.

I would also add that had Duncan,Menzel,Caddy,Vardy ,Clark and Stanley been fit all year we would be in the top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back