Your Favourite Game Soundtracks

Remove this Banner Ad

Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelists of the Roses

Some samples:

Lesser known Japanese games but Katamri Damacacy and it's sequel We Love Katamri had two of the best soundtracks of all time

So many different genres of music, so obscure but so upbeat, if you're ever feeling down just listen to these soundtracks. The first one probably had more catchier music but the second one had much more creative music. My favourites being the Daft Punk style DISCO PRINCE and the song consisting entirely of animal noises Sunbaked Savanah.

Most of the Legend of Zelda titles have amazing soundtracks.

I think A Link Between Worlds gets overlooked though, taking classic music from alttp and modernizing it.

I also really enjoyed Super Mario Oddyssey's sound track :)

Slightly off topic but a guy has recreated the mega man x soundtrack as if it was released on genesis/mega drive.
The original snes ost was great but this edges it imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just 3 off the top of my head:
1. Persona 5 - actually listen to the soundtrack outside of playing while at work a fair bit
2. Ocarina of Time - Love listening to piano covers of the soundtrack, it's amazing.
3. Nier: Automata - Brilliant.

Also love Banjo Kazooie too :) really fit the mood of the game

Wipeout XL/2097 would have to be up there, the style/quality of music suited the genre incredibly well and the in-club marketing was revolutionary at the time.
Rez was another favourite of mine, you'd often find yourself in a borderline hypnotic trance when immersed in a good run

Out Run

Love it so much I bought it on wax.
42b98fdbc827126301dc4ef0655a91a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Out Run

Love it so much I bought it on wax.
42b98fdbc827126301dc4ef0655a91a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I want Final Fantasy 7 on vinyl but the cheapest I can currently find is about $350 :O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back