ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
I haven't seen one of these before, and I know a tonne of users play FIFA, so what's some of your favourite/not so favourite FIFA stories?

Mainly talking manager or player career mode. Can include PES as well.

I played a manager career with Bournemouth on PES 2016. Finished 7th so made the Europa League and won it. Then won the champions league the next season, whilst finishing sixth. Had a profit margin of $110M. All of this unfathomable for real life Bournemouth.

I was managing Burnley on FIFA 17, finished 12th in my first season (8-20-10, loved a draw I did) but after 22 games in season two I was fired (I was last on the table). So I was offered position of Barnsley who was last in the championship. Have them out of the relegation zone for the time being.

It all went wrong for Burnley when captain and keeper Tom Heaton demanded he leave. Had to play Paul Robinson whilst finding a suitable replacement. Had the same thing happen with my keeper in the Bundesliga once. Players love demanding transfers for no reason.

U mad bro ?
Haha this.

I don't rage quit even if I'm losing haha. Xbox enforcement ban you from chat privileges at the drop of a hat if you retaliate to people who poke you lol.

But if I make someone rage quit, and they message me, I generally run with something along the lines of "damn son, you could work at maccas with the amount of salt in your tears".

Played a career as Barnet in FIFA 17 on World Class (usually will play professional) and had a crap season. But, i did get on an FA Cup run, made it all the way to the final, somehow beating Arsenal and Liverpool on the way. Came up against Hull in the final, made it to extra time, then in the 119th minute or so, Hull hit the fast break after one of my corners and ran the ball up to goal. My keeper (Paul Izzo) ran the whole way, keeping up with the player, but didn't bother attempting to stop him, just ran a little bit ahead of him. They scored and won.

Not so much a story but anyway. Playing online seasons, all I really do nowadays, went down 0-1 early. Eventually pegged one late in the first half and then got another early in the second half to take a 2-1 lead. After his early goal I generally had more of the ball and generated more chances and quality chances at that. Around the 82/3 minute mark he starts to get a little bit of ascendancy and pushes a bit more. I'm pretty comfortable defending, holding my shape and making tackles with my back 4 before making a clearance so this didn't bother me. Just as we ticked over into injury time though, he did manage to break through and tie it up at 2-2. Now, I did used to play some online COD on the PC back in the day, but nowadays my online gaming has really just been sports game where I've found you don't hear as much crap spew from other players. And I hadn't heard a peep from this guy all game and never hear anything from FIFA online players anyway. Low and behold though, upon equalizing this guy with a strong, smarmy British accent pipes up with something along the lines of "suck it mate, absolutely suck it!" He seemed alright to be honest, nothing rude, just a bit of banter, put a grin on my face.

I think we all know how this story ends though. I get the ball, pass it around the back to break up his defense, bring it back to the centre circle, try to head straight down the middle, about 40 yards out, too tight to make anything happen through the middle but have the option out wide, take it, head to the space in the corner, fling in a last gasp cross, find one of my player's heads, headed to the top corner, 3-2, "your opponent has disconnected from the match".

Snatching defeat from the jaws of, well, an unlikely draw at least. Bring them up only to bring them crashing back down a minute later. Is there really a more satisfying way to beat a Pom?

Is it just me or are there not as many 45 and 90 minute goals as there used to be on previous iterations? Talking about online

A funny story is in the last game of the season in Seasons I only needed a draw to stave off relegation. It was 0-1 till the 90th minute and I equalised 1-1. From the kick off he dribbled past my whole team and scored 1-2.
Whistle went at next restart.

Last edited:
Is it just me or are there not as many 45 and 90 minute goals as there used to be on previous iterations? Talking about online

A funny story is in the last game of the season in Seasons I only needed a draw to stave off relegation. It was 0-1 till the 90th minute and I equalised 1-1. From the kick off he dribbled past my whole team and scored 1-2.
Whistle went at next restart.
AI Teams don't seem to become unstoppable in close games anymore thankfully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back