Your top 10 games of all time...

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got HD version of age of Empires II. I actually think Rise of Nations is a better game. The AI is better and the idea of capturing and assimilating cities and fluid national borders is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Number 2 is the weakest of the AOE series.

Grand Prix Legends
Indy 500
Half Life 2
The Witcher
Mafia 2
The Last Of Us
Wipeout
Deus Ex
Mass Effect
Oblivion

Space Quest 2,the first pc game I played.

SQ 2 was an unforgiving game but I loved/hated it. Was so hard to get through when you combine Sierra's penchant for unwinnable situations and the era without the Interwebs for hints. Had to rely on friends or game magazines for help. You could literally be stuck on games for years without the proper direction back then. I should get around to playing the remake

Grand Prix Legends
Indy 500
Half Life 2
The Witcher
Mafia 2
The Last Of Us
Wipeout
Deus Ex
Mass Effect
Oblivion

Space Quest 2,the first pc game I played.

The feeling when I was a kid and first managed to get my character to do something in Space Quest. Don’t remember SQ2 quite so much as SQ1 but those early text Sierra games including Police Quest and LSL were legendary.

The feeling when I was a kid and first managed to get my character to do something in Space Quest. Don’t remember SQ2 quite so much as SQ1 but those early text Sierra games including Police Quest and LSL were legendary.

Space Quest 2 was supposed to be the worst in the series but having it being my first ever fully played game,holds fond memories.

My grammar lol.

Last edited:
Space Quest 2 was supposed to be the worst in the series but having it being my first ever fully played game,holds fond memories.

My grammar lol.

SQ3 was just as hard, if not harder. SQ4 and SQ5 were more forgiving and more fun IMO

SQ 2 was an unforgiving game but I loved/hated it. Was so hard to get through when you combine Sierra's penchant for unwinnable situations and the era without the Interwebs for hints. Had to rely on friends or game magazines for help. You could literally be stuck on games for years without the proper direction back then. I should get around to playing the remake
I recall getting stuck in police quest trying to bust the hooker out of jail. Had to come up with a convoluted sentence where you asked her for her testimony against jesse bains or something.

We tried for ages and in the end had to ask my friends mum for a hint on how to do it (no idea how she knew what to type but she did).

Really loved that game PQ1. Number 2 I never really got anywhere with, was a bit flakey on my pc from memory.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I recall getting stuck in police quest trying to bust the hooker out of jail. Had to come up with a convoluted sentence where you asked her for her testimony against jesse bains or something.

We tried for ages and in the end had to ask my friends mum for a hint on how to do it (no idea how she knew what to type but she did).

Really loved that game PQ1. Number 2 I never really got anywhere with, was a bit flakey on my pc from memory.

Also the little things like having to inspect the patrol car before taking it out. Had a number of head scratching moments with Leisure Suit Larry 1 too. We were 13, much of it probably went over our heads so we didn’t know what to type half the time lol.

Also the little things like having to inspect the patrol car before taking it out. Had a number of head scratching moments with Leisure Suit Larry 1 too. We were 13, much of it probably went over our heads so we didn’t know what to type half the time lol.

i think we would have been about that age too, looking back at it, finding a drug dealer that had been executed, then chasing a murderer, gambling, getting help from a prostitute, mixing it with bikers, probably a little on the adult side .. . but there were no rules back then. :D

Yeah I loved PQ1 on Amiga, never really got into any of the others except PQ4 on PC for some reason

I had forgotten about the Sierra games. They were awesome. There was a series of Knight's Quest games too which were pretty decent.

Police Quest 1 was probably the best, followed by LSL1. I remember LSL3 being pretty good too. The LSL games always had a part where you needed to manual to get a code off a certain page. It was a bitch when you misplaced it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were 13, much of it probably went over our heads so we didn’t know what to type half the time lol.
For sure, like when you don't use a condom with the hooker and you crotch starts flashing (or explodes in the VGA version)!

I’m going to date myself but

Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario kart
Mortal Kombat 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Assassins Creed : Brotherhood
Dragon Age 1
Quake 1
Warcraft 3
GTA: SA
Man Dragon Age 1 was such a great game. I think it's the best game I ever played that I never finished. I bought Inquisition at launch and never really felt the same magic from the first.

I see a lot of ME2 in these lists.

I just want everyone to know that, yeah, it’s a good game, but ME1 is the pinnacle of the series and you are wrong
100% agree. Maybe I should play through it again but I was disappointed with the ME2 story. "Go recruit your squad. Go to final battle." It just seemed cheap to me and I can't remember being so surprised with the ending of a game. I expected so much more.

Another unpoular opinion I have of Mass Effect is that I quite liked Andromeda. Yes ME1 is still my favourite in the series but Andromeda is a decent game in it's own right.

I seriously wonder if there will ever be another FPS as great as Timesplitters 2 or Goldeneye 007. The replay value of those games (in the single player modes alone) was un-f*cking-believable. The current FPS games just have the stock standard single player campaign which gives you like 10 hours of gameplay at best, and the multiplayer is where the replay value lies. Kind of a shame.

Man Dragon Age 1 was such a great game. I think it's the best game I ever played that I never finished. I bought Inquisition at launch and never really felt the same magic from the first.

Inquisition is a piece of s**t. Its a game that has zero plot, zero heart and zero play-ability. Its a game for people who like open world and they have just thrown magic into the mix.

Inquisition is a piece of s**t. Its a game that has zero plot, zero heart and zero play-ability. Its a game for people who like open world and they have just thrown magic into the mix.
I tried so hard to like it. Failed miserably.

I seriously wonder if there will ever be another FPS as great as Timesplitters 2 or Goldeneye 007. The replay value of those games (in the single player modes alone) was un-f*cking-believable. The current FPS games just have the stock standard single player campaign which gives you like 10 hours of gameplay at best, and the multiplayer is where the replay value lies. Kind of a shame.

Legendary fun just wasting weekends and school holidays on them.

There was this mystery about those games: “What might I discover if I keep ******* around over and over?”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back