Your top 10 games of all time...

Remove this Banner Ad

I seriously wonder if there will ever be another FPS as great as Timesplitters 2 or Goldeneye 007. The replay value of those games (in the single player modes alone) was un-f*cking-believable. The current FPS games just have the stock standard single player campaign which gives you like 10 hours of gameplay at best, and the multiplayer is where the replay value lies. Kind of a shame.
Timesplitters 2 is a very underrated game. It was great to jump around between different eras. Gave each level its own character. Wasn't quite Goldeneye good, but still an awesome game.

Shining Force 2
Easily more than a decade since I last played it but I doubt I'll ever play through a game as many times as I did this one.
Wipeout 2097
The original was mind blowing as a PS1 launch title when everyone was still playing 16 bit consoles but 2097 superseded it in every way, Prodigy's Firestarter playing while racing Gare d'Europa :thumbsu:.
The Last of Us
Apparently there's the option to talk to the doctors at the end. I wouldn't know, I killed every last m*****f**** between me and Ellie and then took her home. Speaks to how invested in the story I was at that point.
Skyrim
When it came out I said I wouldn't buy it because its just the sort of game that I'd get too into. Years later I bought the enhanced edition on special... and wasn't seen for months.
Street Fighter 2
The popularity and influence of SF2 was insane for years after it came out and we played it heaps in arcade and then endlessly on mega drive.
Goldeneye 64
Never owned a Nintendo system but friends owned the 64 and this was the ultimate 1 console multiplayer. So many laughs.
Resident Evil: Directors Cut
Have never played much of the others but that f***ing dog will always be the ultimate jump scare.
Galaga
Just a little too young to have played it in the arcades, though there was occasionally an old one in the corner somewhere but got into it a few years back and I'm a fan, so much skill needed from such a simple game.
Bioshock
A good FPS with a fantastic world and story.
X-Com: Enemy Unknown
So yeah, it turns out I'm still a sucker for squad based, turn based, strategy RPGs.

HM: Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall (so far the only android games that I've enjoyed as a complete game and story rather than a time filler), Wizball, Half-Life, PES (especially 08), KOTOR, Twisted Metal 2, Defender of the Crown, Tekken 3, Valkyria Chronicles, Unchartered, FF7, Dune 2, Paradox MUD.

Last edited:

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Arcanum
Witcher 1
Witcher 2
Witcher 3
World of Warcraft
Rocket League
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Morrowind
Rollercoaster Tycoon 1

There is a lotta Nintendo 64 games I have played a shitload of, plus Spyro series on playstation, but it's been so long since I played them. Mario 64, the N64 Zelda's, Mario Kart 64 etc all legendary

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Arcanum
Witcher 1
Witcher 2
Witcher 3
World of Warcraft
Rocket League
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Morrowind
Rollercoaster Tycoon 1

There is a lotta Nintendo 64 games I have played a shitload of, plus Spyro series on playstation, but it's been so long since I played them. Mario 64, the N64 Zelda's, Mario Kart 64 etc all legendary

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is one I’ve still got to get. RCT1 was a classic. Charging 10c for the dunnies was free money.

I seriously wonder if there will ever be another FPS as great as Timesplitters 2 or Goldeneye 007. The replay value of those games (in the single player modes alone) was un-f*cking-believable. The current FPS games just have the stock standard single player campaign which gives you like 10 hours of gameplay at best, and the multiplayer is where the replay value lies. Kind of a shame.

Had some great nights with a bunch of mates with 2 system linked PS2s, 2 projectors and a lot of beers playing 8 player Timesplitters 2 deathmatch. So much better than online multiplayer.

My ten revised ..I’ve always been a PS4 guy with dabbles in pc gaming

Sorry 11

1 metal gear solid 2 Ps2
2 firwatch ps4
3 last guardian PS4
4 grand theft auto 5 PS4
5 dirt rally 4 PS4
6 sim city 2000 PC
7 last of us remastered PS4
8 uncharted thief’s end PS4
9 the crew 2
10 sssx 3 ps3
11 LA NOIRE PS4

In no particular order...I can't rate them from one to ten.

Some of them are purely nostalgic from childhood and the amount of hours I put into them as a kid.

The Last if Us
GTA: Vice City
Pokemon Gold
Persona 4
Frogger (the 90s PS1 version)
Jazz Jackrabbit
Skyrim
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Banjo Kazooie
Conkers Bad Fur Day

Super Mario 64 DS
The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Jak & Daxter
Star War Battlefront II
Road Trip Adventure
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Jak 3
Mario Kart: DS

Super Mario 64 DS
The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Jak & Daxter
Star War Battlefront II
Road Trip Adventure
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Jak 3
Mario Kart: DS
I feel bad for leaving out

Jak II
Lego Star Wars: The complete Saga
Mario Kart Wii

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chrono trigger
Ocarina of time
Baldurs gate 2 + xpac
Megaman 3
Super marios bros 3
Return to castle wolfenstein (Multiplayer)
Battle Garegga
Diablo 2 + xpac
Dragon quest 8
Metroid Prime

Phoenix Wright Trilogy a close 11. With Ghost trick, zero escape trilogy, YS 8 and god knows how many more games after that.

In no particular order...I can't rate them from one to ten.

Some of them are purely nostalgic from childhood and the amount of hours I put into them as a kid.

The Last if Us
Pokemon Gold
Persona 4
Frogger (the 90s PS1 version)
Jazz Jackrabbit
Skyrim
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Banjo Kazooie
Conkers Bad Fur Day

Glad to see Jazz Jackrabbit in someone's top 10. I'd forgotten all about that...one of my most played PC games as a kid. That game was a contender to Sonic and never got the praise it deserved.

Last edited:
Glad to see Jazz Jackrabbit in someone's top 10. I'd forgotten all about that...one of my most played PC games as a kid. That game was a contender to Sonic and never got the praise it deserved.

I actually play it on the work computers sometimes.

There is a site called classic reload that lets you play dosbox games in browser.

world of warcraft (when it was difficult and good) vanilla + TBC and some parts of WOTLK
super mario bros 1+2+3
starcraft brood wars
diablo 1+2
fallout 1+2+3
sonic the hedgehog
age of empires 1+2
total war: warhammer 1+2
League of Legends
street fighter 2

(path of exile, tetris and they are billions) honourable mentions

In no order:

Final Fantasy X - prob the GOAT game for me
Final Fantasy 8
Red Dead Redemption
The Witcher 3
Fallout 3
Mass Effect 1
BioShock 1
Halo 1
God of War 2018
FIFA - it'd be rude not to include this, as it's been a staple of my gaming for many years

Never owned a Nintendo console apart from the Wii really. So I've missed out on a lot of classic Nintendo titles over the years.

Honorable mentions:
Borderlands 2, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Soldiers of Fortune Double Helix, Zelda Twilight Princess, Baldurs Gate 2, Kingdom Hearts 1, GTA V, NBA 2K, Gears of War 2.

(Not in order)
Cities: Skylines
Final Fantasy VII
X-Com 2: War of the Chosen
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag
Elder Scroll V: Skyrim
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Red Dead Redemption
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Fallout: New Vegas

Just picked 1 title from my favourite series instead of picking 3 FF and 2 Mario games.

If I had a switch Breath of the Wild would be on this list without doubt.

Currently going through Total War: Warhammer - which I am in love with. Its my entry into that series and will probably lead me to buy the sequel which is apparently better and would probably make a future amended list.

I'm also certain I've forgotten some rippers.

Honourable mentions -
Dinivity Original Sin (#2 is in my backlog)
Guitar Hero (hard to pick just 1 but the earlier titles have the best songs)
Football Manager (No year stands out above the rest)
Batman: Arkham City
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Golden Eye 64
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Middle Earth: Shadow of War
Bully

And purely for nostalgic purposes
Mutant League Hockey
Battletoads
Super Punch Out
Mega Man III

Maybe I should make a top 50 list I could go on and on and on and on and on.

And on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back