Your top 5 current PS3/Xbomb(box) games

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez mate, teaspoon of cement time.:D

I repeat, i find resistances multiplayer very vanilla and dull. It does nothing very spectacularly. Whereas halo, i dunno, theres just endless variety in the gamertypes you can play, from the standard deathmatch to the completely ridiculous (grifball, rocket race), and its always having new things added.

I also find halo3 places far more importance on team play. I love small team tactical games, like 4 on 4's, rather than massive multiple player/big kill frenzy like games. Halo does this as well as any console shooter out there, which is why its the MLG shooter of choice. Huge reliance on teamwork and tactics. Divide and conquer etc. A great team will beat a team of great players.

Just something i really think halo>>>resistance

TBH, most of my lack of enjoyment when playing Resistance online was the community. Much of my enjoyment from halo comes from the fact my actual world friends have it and play it a fair bit, its the social aspect. Resistance doesnt have that because of my friends that do own PS3's, they play all their online stuff through the 360 because of the superior network.

You better be working like me today Karl. If you were continuing this pointless argument rather than playing Fallout 3 like i wish i was doing, you're dumber than i thought.:D

"working" is a matter of perspective really.

But yeah, I'm wearing my monkey suit.

Ever wonder why the only two people on this forum who own BOTH titles think that Resistance is better than Halo?

Pretty obvious really, they've actually played both titles and are able to compare their merits.

Unlike you little 360 fanboys, who just assume Halo is better, wihtout actually knowing.

You can only hypothesise, and get defensive - whereas I KNOW FOR A FACT that resistance is better.

I played 2 hours of Resistance, not sure how I managed it, but I did. Bland is the word I would choose. Thank god it was a rental.

FACT is Halo >>>>>>>>>> Resistance

What a dumb comment. All multiplatform games are better on the 360, with maybe one or two exceptions. How can you say something as silly as 'PS3 has games on par or better', it's just a blanket nonsense statement.
Firstly I said the PS3 HAS GAMES THAT ARE BETTER ON PS3 I didn't say all games are better, I know that some are and some aren't, but there are still many examples of multiplatform games which run better on the PS3 than the 360 ie: Burnout: Paradise, Mirror's Edge(When it comes out) and Far Cry 2, etc.

Firstly I said the PS3 HAS GAMES THAT ARE BETTER ON PS3 I didn't say all games are better, I know that some are and some aren't, but there are still many example of multiplatform games which run better on the PS3 than the 360 ie: Burnout: Paradise, Mirror's Edge(When it comes out) and Far Cry 2, etc.

Haha, how do you know Mirror's Edge runs better on PS3? What's better about Far Cry 2 on PS3? And Burnout?

Why does motorstorm suck so much!?!?!

I wasn't a huge fan either. Looks fairly nice, but apart from that it's massively gayarse.

Racing games in general have sucked pretty bad this generation. We really need that new Gran Turismo (I'm yet to try out the new Midnight Club, though)

I also find halo3 places far more importance on team play. I love small team tactical games, like 4 on 4's, rather than massive multiple player/big kill frenzy like games. Halo does this as well as any console shooter out there, which is why its the MLG shooter of choice. Huge reliance on teamwork and tactics. Divide and conquer etc. A great team will beat a team of great players.
This actually proves you didn't play enough of Resistance, because you would actually find that although there is the capability for big kill frenzy and massive 40 player maps, there is still a great emphasis on smaller work related games, even more so in R2.
TBH, most of my lack of enjoyment when playing Resistance online was the community. Much of my enjoyment from halo comes from the fact my actual world friends have it and play it a fair bit, its the social aspect. Resistance doesnt have that because of my friends that do own PS3's, they play all their online stuff through the 360 because of the superior network.
When did you play Resistance, was it when the worldwide servers were in or when it was just the Australian servers? But if you players R:FOM enough you would realise the matchmaking, networking is better than any other PS3 game available, and I realise that you mean the game is made more fun because your mates player Halo, but that hardly makes a game better, that is the same in any game when playing with your mates.

Haha, how do you know Mirror's Edge runs better on PS3? What's better about Far Cry 2 on PS3? And Burnout?
The PS3 was the lead console in development for Mirror's Edge, and comparisons have already shown a slight edge(Pardon the Pun) to the PS3, graphic wise.

Far Cry 2 on the PS3 has far softer lighting/shading effects, smoother graphics, compared to the 360 which has jagged edges, poorer lighting/shading, and a few other issues, I can get a vid comparison if you like.

Burnout, well this was done ages ago, but also ran alot smoother on the PS3, would need to do my research to find more, but it ran better on the PS3, even if it was a marginal difference.

The PS3 was the lead console in development for Mirror's Edge, and comparisons have already shown a slight edge(Pardon the Pun) to the PS3, graphic wise.

Far Cry 2 on the PS3 has far softer lighting/shading effects, smoother graphics, compared to the 360 which has jagged edges, poorer lighting/shading, and a few other issues, I can get a vid comparison if you like.

Burnout, well this was done ages ago, but also ran alot smoother on the PS3, would need to do my research to find more, but it ran better on the PS3, even if it was a marginal difference.

I'll take your word for it I guess. Compared to the list of 360 superior titles, that's not much.

I'll take your word for it I guess. Compared to the list of 360 superior titles, that's not much.
There are more, but I really cbf arguing it with you anymore.

Let's just say that there are some that are better, some that are worse, but if the PS3 truly hasn't reached its potential then it will be amazing when it does, and should well outperform the 360, and I should say there is a game which has seemingly proved this.;):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's just say that there are some that are better, some that are worse, but if the PS3 truly hasn't reached its potential then it will be amazing when it does, and should well outperform the 360, and I should say there is a game which has seemingly proved this.;):thumbsu:
MGS4
wouldnt even run on an XBOX and thats straight from the horses mouth.
also i believe Elder Scrolls runs better as well:D

I played 2 hours of Resistance, not sure how I managed it, but I did. Bland is the word I would choose. Thank god it was a rental.

FACT is Halo >>>>>>>>>> Resistance

Apparently Resistance >>>>>> Halo LLD, remember popular opinion doesn't count when it comes to PS3 v 360.

I would think R2 would struggle to get 100K playing it at any one time.

Apparently Resistance >>>>>> Halo LLD, remember popular opinion doesn't count when it comes to PS3 v 360.

Popular opinion among those who own both, is that Resistance >>> Halo

I would think R2 would struggle to get 100K playing it at any one time.

What you would think doesn't mean anything. I mean, you're you. Look at you. I mean COME ON!

MGS4
wouldnt even run on an XBOX and thats straight from the horses mouth.
Suprisingly it isn't MGS4 I was talking about, this is actually another game that has now been cancelled on the 360(So therefore now a PS3 exclusive) because the 360 actually couldn't run it.

360 hasn't reached it's potential either. What is this game you keep alluding to?

360 hasn't reached it's potential either. What is this game you keep alluding to?

have you played msg4 before???? if not well you should try it... if you tell me there is better package, in terms of overall game , youre only lying to yourself and just proving that you are jusy another xbox "fanboy'.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back