garygee

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Rugby Sucks
The Australian media is having a love affair with Yusuff Islam. How else could you explain it?
They seem to have conveniently forgotten that he has called for the death of a fellow human being. Why is this? On February 21, 1989, Yusuf Islam addressed Kingston University in London and was asked about Salman Rushdie. He replied, "He must be killed. The Qur'an makes it clear - if someone defames the prophet, then he must die." How come this is never mentioned by Australian journalists? Does someone stand to lose too much money if this is reported accurately? He either stands by his statements or withdraws them. It's a pretty big thing calling for the death of another human.

Salmon must die

Atlantic-salmon-2.JPG

Isn't Yusuf Islam, Cat Stevens?

The Muslims are coming to get us.

*runs off hysterically screaming waving my arms about like a dervish*

Satanic Verses was a very tedious book too, at the very least he should be given a slap for writing such rubbish. Rushdie did describe Adelaide as a place that would make a good setting for a Stephen King book though.

Rushdie called Game of Thrones "trash" and The Wire "just a police show" so yeah, I guess I'm all for it.

Gather the stones. Where we doing this?

The Muslims are coming to get us.

*runs off hysterically screaming waving my arms about like a dervish*

Satanic Verses was a very tedious book too, at the very least he should be given a slap for writing such rubbish. Rushdie did describe Adelaide as a place that would make a good setting for a Stephen King book though.

I always thought Marmelaide would be a great setting for a David Lynch movie (I'd go with the SK novel, though. Reasonable call Rushdie)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back