The most ridiculous/funny/stupid thing you have ever heard a commentator say

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not the stupidest, but it has to be the most subtle mistake in here IMO. Hawthorn v Sydney this year, Hawks were shutting down play in the third or fourth quarter which produced "Alastair Clarkson has decided enough enough." Obviously meant to be enough's enough.

I cant remember who said it but one time Lewis Roberts-Thomson was running as hard as he could with the ball in the midfield and one of the commentators yelled "He's running like a colt who has just escaped from his paddock" :D

Not his best, but last year when Cameron Ling's boot came off Dennis Commetti popped up with 'An out of boot experience!' Funny at the time anyway.

And Dipper on the sideline trying to talk about a guy with a dodgy ankle '...they've re-ankled his strap.'

Cant remember the game but it involved collingwood. Dennis cometti:
" And the ball comes out to Rhyce Shaw.... Heath Shaw.... UN-SURE! I thought it was a pisser at the time!:D

Australian - South African World Cup Semi Final 1999

South Africa hit a 4 in the late stages of the epic contest.

Bill Lawry's call "4 Dear oh dear'

The other commentator (South African) comments "I don't know about oh dear Bill, that was a fantastic shot"

Made Eddie's call of Collingwood games look unbiased :D :D :D

Umpire in the Melb vs Nth Melb just said to one of the players "It's not worth it, your side has a shot on goal". To which Dennis Cometti commented "I think they call it Hugh Grant Syndrome....they did something they really didn't need to do".

Last night Robert Walls referred to Richmond as the Richmond Lions :eek:

Not to be outdone, on friday night some random sports guy on Sky News called Geelong the Essendon Cats :eek:.

What is it with Sydney based news outlets reporting on AFL?

Reminds me of Tim Webster on Sports Tonight telling everyone that "Nathan Buckley had resigned". He meant to say re-signed.

dennis cometti today in the nth melb vs melb in reference to nth melb and form against better and worse sides.

"they're like paris hilton a bit, they seem to play with everyone"

Co-commentator - If i had to have someone kick for my life it would have to be Matthew Lloyd, what about you Dennis?

Dennis - My mum

Co-commentator - What?

Dennis - She's not a great kick, but at least she'd care

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it Robert Walls who said during a Richmond V Collingwood game? Richmond need to take Ottens out of the ruck and move him forward, err Ottens was playing for Geelong at this time!

"I hope Libba is a Rolling Stones fan because the message from Terry Wallace would simply be 'Hey Hey You, Get Off Of Mcleod'. Dwayne Russell referring to Libba being dragged off Andy Mcleod in a final in 1998.

One of my favourites was from RD 1 this year. Port are 9pts down against Geelong, ball tumbling along on the half back line, 5 seconds left on the clock and Dennis comes upo with

" I dont think Port can win from here."

Really Dennis.

What about the late and great "Capt Blood" Jack Dyer talking about Justin Madden taking a mark "His arms went up like giant testicles" I think it should have been "Tenticles" Jack,God love the man!:D

Easily Glen Jakovich

West Coast Vs St Kilda last weekend when Matt Spangher was lining up for goal in the pocket.

"He can kick this, he just needs to believe"

What is the stupidest/funniest/most ridiculous thing you've ever heard a commentator say.​

This should be good...

Go nuts!

Dennis Commetti (obvious choice) makes so many witty comments throughout a season its hard to keep up.

Barker to Barlow to Bateman, Hawthorn are attacking alphabetically.

Gaspar, the unfriendly post (after shot at goal hit the timber).

He went in the pack optimistically and came out misty optically (referring to Libber emerging from a pack with a bleeding eye).

Adem Yze, terrific footballer terrible Scrabble hand.

One of the funniest would have to be when ch7 had Tony Lockett doing specials for them up in Canberra i think it was. Someone had a shot on goal, and missed. The commentator said to Plugger, (need i remind you the greatest goal kicker of all time), "What did he do wrong there Tony?", to which he replied, "He missed."

Don't think he turned up again after that.

Dennis tonight: [speaking about Franklin] "he's cooler than a penguin's freezer!"

haha... so simple and stupid but still very funny

Remove this Banner Ad

Back