Western Region FL - Division One - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of big games this weekend....

Spotty v Albion - Us to win just over an improved and in form Albion 10 points

Sunshine v St Albans - I'm going to tip St Albans to cause an upset and get over the line by 3 points in a thriller...

Couple of big games this weekend....

Spotty v Albion - Us to win just over an improved and in form Albion 10 points

Sunshine v St Albans - I'm going to tip St Albans to cause an upset and get over the line by 3 points in a thriller...

any big inclusions or exclusions for any of the big four teams playing this week.
obviously the moon boot would be off and you have had a timely freshen up leading into the business end of the season.
icon5.gif

any big inclusions or exclusions for any of the big four teams playing this week.
obviously the moon boot would be off and you have had a timely freshen up leading into the business end of the season.
icon5.gif

The moon boot was off on Sunday when he was at the circus:thumbsu:

Spotty v Albion - Spotty by 36 points

Sunshine v St Albans - Kangas by 25 points.

PS: Club7 is still a spud head, but Sunshine will be focused on the finals rather then next year;)

icon5.gif

The moon boot was off on Sunday when he was at the circus:thumbsu:

Spotty v Albion - Spotty by 36 points

Sunshine v St Albans - Kangas by 25 points.

PS: Club7 is still a spud head, but Sunshine will be focused on the finals rather then next year;)

Ha ha you guys don't miss a beat...
Yes the moon boot is off and we have a full list to choose from this week which is the first time all year.

Ha ha you guys don't miss a beat...
Yes the moon boot is off and we have a full list to choose from this week which is the first time all year.

you had a full list to choose from,obviously you have picked the team but never answered the question regarding whether there were any notable changes to your team , no-one else from any other club that are playing have divulged anything either .maybe everyone keeping their cards close to the chest until they run out.
icon12.gif

Foley trained well last night and will be handy, but Wiggins still 50/50 with, lets just say genral soreness. Any truth 1 or 2 St.Albans players may miss with the game being on sunday due to religious reasons?

couple of useful ins for spotty
sinnott
o'keefe
mcghie
ayton

with those 4 back it would probably be their best possible line-up for the year i would say looking at their list.handy position to be in for the first week of their finals campaign.

BIG FOOTY will be alive this week after the Cats produced the biggest upset for a long time. Would have put some doubt in the minds of the coaches down Spotty. What has Anthony Rock done to the Cattery???

Albion not going out in the pouring rain Tuesday night must have helped as well???

Either way what was supposed to be a one way street has now opened up and the finals take a different shape.:D:D:D

BIG FOOTY will be alive this week after the Cats produced the biggest upset for a long time. Would have put some doubt in the minds of the coaches down Spotty. What has Anthony Rock done to the Cattery???

Albion not going out in the pouring rain Tuesday night must have helped as well???

Either way what was supposed to be a one way street has now opened up and the finals take a different shape.:D:D:D

Strongbow and Miss Vicki please explain.....:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This just a thought, since majority says Spotty is the best team the comp has seen in many a years and could challenge for a flag in the EDFL/ and majority also say the WRFL standard has greatly dropped, and this year is the lowest it has been in a long time...

If Spotty dont make/lose the grand final, does that mean the standard is high?? and that everyone underestimates the WRFL....

This just a thought, since majority says Spotty is the best team the comp has seen in many a years and could challenge for a flag in the EDFL/ and majority also say the WRFL standard has greatly dropped, and this year is the lowest it has been in a long time...

If Spotty dont make/lose the grand final, does that mean the standard is high?? and that everyone underestimates the WRFL....
Spotty wouldn't even make the finals in the Edfl let alone challenge for the flag

Albion too good today all over the field, the scoreboard probably flattered Spotswood in the end. Perhaps the Spotty coach might not get around now spruiking how easy things are this year and the players might stop believing their own publicity. Good to see the two premier full forwards on the same field. Definetely two contrasting physiques and skill levels.

Spotty no 18 should be fresh for next week didn't get into a gallop all day, although probably a bit tired from holding the sheep under his arms all day. If he didn't have a footy jumper on you would swear he was walking around a nightclub.

Good to see the old war horse Johnny Haldane play a super game down back. Hopefully no 7 Finco's injury is not too bad. Apparently he had an uncle that could play a bit, a bit of a general on the field.

Makes for an interesting couple of weeks in div 1.

Albion too good today all over the field, the scoreboard probably flattered Spotswood in the end. Perhaps the Spotty coach might not get around now spruiking how easy things are this year and the players might stop believing their own publicity. Good to see the two premier full forwards on the same field. Definetely two contrasting physiques and skill levels.

Spotty no 18 should be fresh for next week didn't get into a gallop all day, although probably a bit tired from holding the sheep under his arms all day. If he didn't have a footy jumper on you would swear he was walking around a nightclub.

Good to see the old war horse Johnny Haldane play a super game down back. Hopefully no 7 Finco's injury is not too bad. Apparently he had an uncle that could play a bit, a bit of a general on the field.

Makes for an interesting couple of weeks in div 1.

TD You're right about one thing, Albion were great all over the ground. Has cast a new light on the flag race. Their Anthony Rock inspired zoning was rock solid (pardon the pun) and sent Spotty sideways, backwards and nowhere pretty much all day.
Your comment about the players believing in their own publicity was straight out of the media handbook. I don't think any of the boys down at Spotty would be that cocky since they hadn't played Albion for a while but had heard that they were on the up and looking impressive. The result today was enough to get people re-thinking their premature predictions of Spotty dominance in the finals without you resorting to the old cliches.
As for number 18, well we can take pot shots at blokes still playing but you and I throwing stones from the boundary doesn't count for much, does it? He's out there, you're not. Age is a bitch.:thumbsu:

Your comment about the players believing in their own publicity was straight out of the media handbook. I don't think any of the boys down at Spotty would be that cocky since they hadn't played Albion for a while but had heard that they were on the up and looking impressive. The result today was enough to get people re-thinking their premature predictions of Spotty dominance in the finals without you resorting to the old cliches.
As for number 18, well we can take pot shots at blokes still playing but you and I throwing stones from the boundary doesn't count for much, does it? He's out there, you're not. Age is a bitch.:thumbsu:

Suppose i was more thinking cocky in general. Not knowing who most are on here i assumed Strongbow was a player and if so he had practically made a spot on the mantlepiece for his premiership medallion. Your right good on the big guy for still being out there.

Well done to Albion great win i listened to the call and spotswood outplayed all day. I also travelled to werribee to pick up the finals record & noticed not much crowd. Would be a better option to play div 1 finals at whitten oval better location bring back the fans. Back to spotswood proberly the lost they needed get thier egos fixed and go out and smash next team they will recover good teams normally do.People who say spotty wouldn't make edfl finals r kidding themselves.

Great game today from the Cats. Strong all over the ground. Great to see the young Albion boys getting a shot.

I am sure Spotty will come back stronger. They tried to play the man in the first. It didn't work - they should have started playing the ball from the second.

Go Cats!!

mate your dreaming strathmore have 5 ex afl players and are a gun side still couldnt make finals, maybe in b grade mate

good move by the league to charge the players who are putting on the show an entrance fee yesterday.:thumbsdown:
good move two was charging most of the people who were in early for the under 18's an extra $5 until they were questioned about there little fundraiser,maybe something for the end of season party.:thumbsdown:

also very ordinary umpiring performance in 1's yesterday,never altered the result but very lopsided and would think the victors would be hoping for a similar appointment in two weeks time.

mate your dreaming strathmore have 5 ex afl players and are a gun side still couldnt make finals, maybe in b grade mate

Very true. Have heard that Essendon are thinking of having an alliance with a EDFL team with many other AFL sides considering the same thing. Must be because they are the next level down from the AFL and above the VFL.

Who gives a F___. The EDFL has a top 4 the WRFL has a top 5. EDFL charge to get in WRFL dont. At the end of the day we will never know and never really care. If it bothers you that much dont read the thread.

2 apparent guns were playing for Albion at the start of the year and did nothing. They were servicable at best. Left for better money. Let your league be full of mercenaries thats fine. The pay rol of EDFL clubs is extrodinery. They should be better than the WRFL.

I hate spotty like many other division 1 people but success makes people jealous. If you think they would struggle to make finals fine unfortunatley we will never know. Yes our league may not be as strong as previous years but eveness is more important.

Heard that the powers that be at the WRFL were concerned that Spotswood's dominance would affect attendances at the finals (maybe they had a word to the Umpires).
If I was a Spotswood supporter I would not have been happy with the inconsistancy of the umpires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back