WRFL Div 3 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, a group of division 3 ressies leaving...... how will they ever replace them?
Tarneit reserves players hope they got some good draft picks. I hope which ever club there going to have seen the standard of division 3 reserves in WRFL, that club is definitely not building for the future

Suns in both games, can’t see them losing in seniors or ressies would be huge if Albanvale won.

I dont think the Suns are as good as last year, but think Divy 3 is weaker overall this year in both seniors and ressies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredible effort by the Cobras to come back today. Talk about never say die.

Kudos to the Suns on getting the win - very similar to last year except they were on the winning end this year.

Interesting to see how these two clubs go next year in Div 2 and which of their players stay on.

WRFL draft report out..2 divisions only premier and runner up from
Div 2 go up.

Interesting that club development staffing and resources being provided to D3 clubs transitioning into D2. Sounds like some thought and planning has gone into it.

Also the end of the WRFL era, with name changing to WFNL.

Last edited:
Incredible effort by the Cobras to come back today. Talk about never say die.

Kudos to the Suns on getting the win - very similar to last year except they were on the winning end this year.

Interesting to see how these two clubs go next year in Div 2 and which of their players stay on.

They are all gonna be in Div 2. So the 3rd grade hero's will either stay or go find another inferior league to stroke their ego's

Congratulation to the Suns and Cobras for a great game of footy. The Suns were too good but the Cobras never-say-die attitude almost pinched it at the end. What a game. Great day and well done to the WRFL who put on a good show. My game-day video from this game will be on YouTube in a couple of days and I'll post the link here. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Last edited:
Congratulation to the Suns and Cobras for a great game of footy. The Suns were too good but the Cobras never-say-die attitude almost pinched it at the end. What a game. Great day and well done to the WRFL who put on a good show. My game-day video from this game will be on YouTube in a couple of days and I'll post the link here. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Thanks All Hart, you've had two 2 pointers GFs in the WRFL in consecutive weeks.

Thanks All Hart, you've had two 2 pointers GFs in the WRFL in consecutive weeks.
You'll never guess what happened today. I went to Windy Hill to watch and video the Deer Park v West Coburg Grand Final. Anyway, i was recording the last quarter of the reserves game and a EDFL official told me I wasn't allowed to film the game. I asked him why and he said they have an official company that does the filming. In two years of watching and filming suburban games this is the first time this has happened. So I left the game and drove to Hansen Reserve for the Suns V Cobras game. I dodged a 96 point fizzer (Deer Park won by 96 points) and watched a 2 point ripper game!!

Last edited:
You'll never guess what happened today. I went to Windy Hill to watch and video the Deer Park v West Coburg Grand Final. Anyway, i was recording the last quarter of the reserves game and a EDFL official told me I wasn't allowed to film the game. I asked him why and he said they have an official company that does the filming. In two years of watching and filming suburban games this is the first time this has happened. So I left the game and drove to Hansen Reserve for the Suns V Cobras game. I dodged a 96 point fizzer (Deer Park won by 96 points) and watched a 2 point ripper game!!

That was the chance they had to throw big bucks at you to film every match of the round next year and they missed it! ;)

Your camera work is 10X the quality of current vision!

Stupid people. Charging $5 to watch it on clutch tv. What a joke.
I couldn’t even log in so what a debacle as wanted to watch the last 1/2 when I got home from the reserves match

Stupid people. Charging $5 to watch it on clutch tv. What a joke.
I couldn’t even log in so what a debacle as wanted to watch the last 1/2 when I got home from the reserves match
I didn’t have an issue paying $10 for all three games, but the product doesn’t warrant the price. The earlier games were enjoyable with no commentary and just crowd mics to pick up the atmosphere.
The commentary doesn’t match the standard and size of the league, it’s makes the comp look amateur. I can always mute them I suppose. The camera work and their overuse of replays yesterday missed so much of the action.
$10 will buy you a about a months subscription with most streams currently, the EDFL want to be very careful just cash grabbing without providing a good product.
Online world is real and streaming will be become the main way to watch footy for most, especially those with kids who’ve seen on average once a year something like what happened yesterday. It was the women’s prelim last year!

Interesting that club development staffing and resources being provided to D3 clubs transitioning into D2. Sounds like some thought and planning has gone into it.

Also the end of the WRFL era, with name changing to WFNL.
I am wondering what type of resources the league will offer??
I think the report has got it right

What is everyone’s thoughts on abolishing Div 3?

Initially I was for it but it just seems like a shame. All three divisions were fairly even this year for the first time in many years.

Take out Braybrook and North Sunshine all teams had multiple wins, finals were close and we saw bottom feeders actually start to push up.

Look at Laverton, they are doing great work down there and have improved so much now they have to go to Division 2 to get flogged and be set back another 5 years. Albion finally have success and then get promoted without a flag, west Footscray finally win games and then get promoted…

I know 8, 7 and 7 doesnt look good on paper but it’s actually worked out ok.

I wonder what concessions division 3 clubs will get when they go up - increased points and salary cap? Will that make a difference

I don’t know maybe it’s left afield but I’d be inclined to leave it as is and then hopefully over the next few years a Glenorden, manor lakes, rockbank, Truganina or even an aintree can come in

Last edited:
Not connected to the league but they should keep Div 3. Really if you have 6 teams in it that is enough. Without Div 3 how does glenordan get going again or how does a new team start up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back