WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

You need 22 for 18 weeks, 15 is nowhere near enough to even do that. Maybe they should have built the house with concrete foundations and not a deck of cards.... again

Agreed 15 is nowhere near enough for 2 sides but that was a month before the season started, if they were allowed to field 1 side for this season they may well have kept the doors open and got the 30 required rather than shut them.

Agreed 15 is nowhere near enough for 2 sides but that was a month before the season started, if they were allowed to field 1 side for this season they may well have kept the doors open and got the 30 required rather than shut them.
Why? They are gonna get annihilated every week and those 15 snowflakes that turn up in March will drop off.

From what I hear they had about 45 blokes verbally commit in the preseason to play. But as the season crept closer they still had eff all at training, they held two crisis meetings begging people to show up or else the club might fold. They didn’t show and the club folded simple as that. Damn shame

Apparently reserves game Wyndanvale v Parkside called off. Parkside player king hit behind play I heard. Anyone know more?

From what I hear they had about 45 blokes verbally commit in the preseason to play. But as the season crept closer they still had eff all at training, they held two crisis meetings begging people to show up or else the club might fold. They didn’t show and the club folded simple as that. Damn shame
Surely you just recruit more players… most teams recruit 10+ players a year plus you have players come down cause they know someone.

Agree damn shame.

Apparently reserves game Wyndanvale v Parkside called off. Parkside player king hit behind play I heard. Anyone know more?
Article in the HS.

The player who struck the first below is then believed to have been struck by an official from the opposing team.

“Police are investigating an assault during a football match in Werribee on 6 May,” a Victoria Police spokesperson said on Sunday.

“A man was punched in the head during the game at Wyndham Vale South Reserve shortly after 1.30pm.

“He was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

“Investigations into the incident remain ongoing.

Article in the HS.

The player who struck the first below is then believed to have been struck by an official from the opposing team.

“Police are investigating an assault during a football match in Werribee on 6 May,” a Victoria Police spokesperson said on Sunday.

“A man was punched in the head during the game at Wyndham Vale South Reserve shortly after 1.30pm.

“He was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

“Investigations into the incident remain ongoing.
By an official wow wee. Surely if true the punishment must be severe for person involved and the club. Bad publicity again for the WRFL

Facts starts here

Parkside player (sheppa) king hit 70m behind play by wyndhamvale player who then was on top of him and laying into him when parkside runner got involved and tackled him off. Then it was all in.

Only one wyndhamvale club umpire. No WRFL umpires. Sheppa taken to hospital.

Facts starts here

Parkside player (sheppa) king hit 70m behind play by wyndhamvale player who then was on top of him and laying into him when parkside runner got involved and tackled him off. Then it was all in.

If I was to put money on anyone doing the sniping, it would be Sheppa.

What prompted the king hit?

Is Sheppa OK?

Facts starts here

And exactly what can occur when you have no umpires, although can occur with umpires.
Why wasn’t there a volunteer umpire from both clubs so you have 2 out there.
I think there will be more of this without league umpires but after what happened at Newport the other year who would want to umpire in this league. Sorry but it’s a fact. Nothing came of that disgusting crowd incident a few years back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And exactly what can occur when you have no umpires, although can occur with umpires.
Why wasn’t there a volunteer umpire from both clubs so you have 2 out there.
I think there will be more of this without league umpires but after what happened at Newport the other year who would want to umpire in this league. Sorry but it’s a fact. Nothing came of that disgusting crowd incident a few years back.
Which one?

If I was to put money on anyone doing the sniping, it would be Sheppa.

What prompted the king hit?

Is Sheppa OK?
100% agree with you, Sheppa big time sniper and very mouthy. A guy wouldn’t crack him (and lose it) for no reason.

How many other games don’t have umpires.. crazy when you consider the league has 3 less teams this year and they still can’t get umpires??!!

Personally think they need to suspend senior club for a period of weeks or even the year as a strong stance however they haven’t done this to other clubs that stuff up. I’m not saying kick them out as there juniors can still operate but suspend the senior club. That will hurt them more than a fine.

This was kind of what I was thinking. They got a side with some decent players but also with some real trash players.

Crea leaves and his real trash players leave and the club folds.

It’s a shame because they would have won games against Braybrook and who knows maybe North.

Ah well..

Albion is looking good, interested to see how they go against Parkside and Wyndhamvale.
Have any local Wyndham WRFL stalwarts considered starting a local Primary School competition for next season?
If it's being considered, the groundwork should be starting shortly.

Personally think they need to suspend senior club for a period of weeks or even the year as a strong stance however they haven’t done this to other clubs that stuff up. I’m not saying kick them out as there juniors can still operate but suspend the senior club. That will hurt them more than a fine.

We are talking about 1 player in the twos throwing a punch and kicking out a whole senior program?

Other than the off field scuffle at Newport where car loads of Newport heroes that had nothing to do with the joint came out to do the dirty work of some others, when have Wyndhamvale been the club to make the example of?

There are plenty of clubs that have longer wrap sheets than Wyndhamvale.

Sure the player should be made the example of, and cop a severe punishment.

We are talking about 1 player in the twos throwing a punch and kicking out a whole senior program?

Other than the off field scuffle at Newport where car loads of Newport heroes that had nothing to do with the joint came out to do the dirty work of some others, when have Wyndhamvale been the club to make the example of?

Agree, but punching a bloke in the back of the head and it casuing him to go hospital is not a good look for the team he plays for and the league itself. King hit is a dirty act and should never happen in 2023. Add to that the all in brawl where many punches were thrown. Action needs to be taken by the league and it needs to be heavy for both sides.

Have any local Wyndham WRFL stalwarts considered starting a local Primary School competition for next season?
If it's being considered, the groundwork should be starting shortly.
School Sport Victoria already run an Australian Rules competition for primary and secondary schools. Most schools in Wyndham and Hobsons Bay partcipate in this. Many of the WRFL's clubs run Auskick programs to introduce kids to Aussie Rules as well (local WRFL clubs are advertising their Auskick and junior footy programs at the local primary schools all the time looking for new players).

The WRFL itself has a hard enough time trying to organise their own junior competitions (which start at under 8s) without getting involved in the affairs of primary schools.

School Sport Victoria already run an Australian Rules competition for primary and secondary schools. Most schools in Wyndham and Hobsons Bay partcipate in this. Many of the WRFL's clubs run Auskick programs to introduce kids to Aussie Rules as well (local WRFL clubs are advertising their Auskick and junior footy programs at the local primary schools all the time looking for new players).

The WRFL itself has a hard enough time trying to organise their own junior competitions (which start at under 8s) without getting involved in the affairs of primary schools.
I'd argue, school sports Victoria are not doing a good enough job for our code then.

I'd argue, school sports Victoria are not doing a good enough job for our code then.
It works in Hobsons Bay: -
Hobsons Bay Primary Australian Football Primary Boys/Mixed Mixed Girls Division Championships
Most of the primary teachers are female, however many students' dads (and some retired grandfathers) often coach the teams, albeit perhaps for half an hour weekly and a game on Friday afternoon.
Primary schools involved include, but there could be others and some may have lapsed.
(I haven't been involved for a few years; and now have grandsons who have graduated to local Unders.)
Local junior clubs benefit and there is a knock-on effect to U18/19 and seniors.
Altona
Newport Gardens
Sacred Heart Newport
Seaholme
Spotswood
St Marys Altona
St Marys Williamstown
Williamstown
Williamstown North

It is both worth the effort and enjoyable.

It works in Hobsons Bay: -
Hobsons Bay Primary Australian Football Primary Boys/Mixed Mixed Girls Division Championships
Most of the primary teachers are female, however many students' dads (and some retired grandfathers) often coach the teams, albeit perhaps for half an hour weekly and a game on Friday afternoon.
Primary schools involved include, but there could be others and some may have lapsed.
(I haven't been involved for a few years; and now have grandsons who have graduated to local Unders.)
Local junior clubs benefit and there is a knock-on effect to U18/19 and seniors.
Altona
Newport Gardens
Sacred Heart Newport
Seaholme
Spotswood
St Marys Altona
St Marys Williamstown
Williamstown
Williamstown North

It is both worth the effort and enjoyable.
This is nothing new, it’s been around for 50 years……unfortunately the “coaches” (loose term) are normally just teachers who know nothing about football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back