WRFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone know the results from Altona v Werribee Centrals & Spotswood v Northcote Park?
I know Hoppers smashed Melton Sth, with no Pikess, Anderson x 2, harley weston, Kunigiskis, Young, Brown and several others who are walk up starts. I dont think they will finish near the bottom like previous predictions on this forum, I think you will find they will be at the pointed end of the ladder.

I know Hoppers smashed Melton Sth, with no Pikess, Anderson x 2, harley weston, Kunigiskis, Young, Brown and several others who are walk up starts. I dont think they will finish near the bottom like previous predictions on this forum, I think you will find they will be at the pointed end of the ladder.
Did Melton South have a quality line up in? There’s been a bit of talk about them and there recruits rising up the ladder in the strong BFL. If they did then I’d have to agree about Hoppers improvement.

Did Melton South have a quality line up in? There’s been a bit of talk about them and there recruits rising up the ladder in the strong BFL. If they did then I’d have to agree about Hoppers improvement.
Melton Sth looked very young, take nothing away from Hoppers though, looked very quick with a new game plan imposed by Jarrod Polec, the full forward for hoppers kicked 4 goals and about 7 or 8 behinds so could have kicked 10 if he kicked straight. I would imagine that their not mucking around this year at Warrior land.

Might want to do better here Grem. The div2 fixture has ultimately put a nail in the coffin of some clubs. If your smart you can read into this WRFL is going to be one 1 division by 2025-2026. But similar to Riddell league.
That div2 comp is a total mess and affects all clubs in the WRFL not just div2.
You're*

Heard hoppers had about 6 out and South had about 9-10 out, with only 2 recruits playing, and one going down in the warm up. Both sides went very young.
Was anyone of the 6 out from Hoppers a ruckman? As they will need one to push forward I would say.

Heard hoppers had about 6 out and South had about 9-10 out, with only 2 recruits playing, and one going down in the warm up. Both sides went very young.
Was anyone of the 6 out from Hoppers a ruckman? As they will need one to push forward I would say.
Yep, Harley- Weston would more than likeley be the no1 ruckman this year and he didn't play, theres also probably 2 or 3 that played 2 years ago who are returning, I would say at least 9 were missing from Hoppers senior side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Spotty did win? Bit concerned that they lost according to an earlier post, Northcote Park are only a mid table Division 2 NFNL side
Yeah, think it was fairly convincing in the end.
Hard to make too much of practise match form due to missing players and coaches trying out different things.

Thought with a change in personnel at HQ things might have been different, but like those before them, this executive also have no guts to make a hard decision.
For the first time in a long time, with all but one Div 1 team having an U18's, they had a great opportunity to have a fantastic day of football with Div 1 Seniors, Reserves & 18's all playing the same team, on the same day, at the same ground. What a perfect day of football that would have been. And how easy would it have been on clubs and volunteers to organise & only travel to one ground.

My understanding is that they originally did have this fixture, with Newport 18's substituting for Parkside who do not have one, however, it appears that they once again bent over to a minority and because one club sooked & didn't want to play Div 1 18's, the whole fixture was replaced and we now have games where 18's not only play another club to the Seniors, but in some cases are lucky to play 1/2 dozen games during the year at the same ground.

When will this league become like others around & starting making hard decisions and not pander to the few

Thought with a change in personnel at HQ things might have been different, but like those before them, this executive also have no guts to make a hard decision.
For the first time in a long time, with all but one Div 1 team having an U18's, they had a great opportunity to have a fantastic day of football with Div 1 Seniors, Reserves & 18's all playing the same team, on the same day, at the same ground. What a perfect day of football that would have been. And how easy would it have been on clubs and volunteers to organise & only travel to one ground.

My understanding is that they originally did have this fixture, with Newport 18's substituting for Parkside who do not have one, however, it appears that they once again bent over to a minority and because one club sooked & didn't want to play Div 1 18's, the whole fixture was replaced and we now have games where 18's not only play another club to the Seniors, but in some cases are lucky to play 1/2 dozen games during the year at the same ground.

When will this league become like others around & starting making hard decisions and not pander to the few
Without knowing anything, did the club that sooked, does it rhyme with Spotswood?

Without knowing anything, did the club that sooked, does it rhyme with Spotswood?

Spotty still in U18 D1draw, as is Newport.

Think Trucka is talking of PC Centrals, only D1 Club with their top U18 team in D2.

If I'm right, Trucka's comments are a bit tough on PCC, only had U18s for 2 seasons both in D2. First season finished 11th of 11, and last year 6th of 8. They would cop some big thrashings if they played D1, so for the sake of the players, the team and PCC themselves, I think they are in the right spot in D2 for now.

Trucka's wish of D1 and U18 D1 having the same teams and draw might still come true soon enough as PCC U18s become more established.

Last edited:
Spotty still in U18 D1draw, as is Newport.

Think Trucka is talking of PC Centrals, only D1 Club with their top U18 team in D2.

If I'm right, Trucka's comments are a bit tough on PCC, only had U18s for 2 seasons both in D2. First season finished 11th of 11, and last year 6th of 8. They would cop some big thrashings if they played D1, so for the sake of the players, the team and PCC themselves, I think they are in the right spot in D2 for now.

Trucka's wish of D1 and U18 D1 having the same teams and draw might still come true soon enough as PCC U18s become more established.
This didn't seem to worry the league years ago when they had new clubs in Div1 U18's who were getting thrashed by over 75/100 points most games. Ironically this made the club stronger and their Seniors, 18's and 16's are one of the stronger clubs in Div 1 now.

If PCC get stronger and another club weakens, we will have the same issue. Teams will only get stronger if they play against better teams

In the end of the day, someone has to win and someone has to loose.These are 18 years olds, not 12 year olds

Having 2 teams in 16 Div 2 & 3 and none in Div 1 also shows a lack of courage and progress

Last edited:
This didn't seem to worry the league years ago when they had new clubs in Div1 U18's who were getting thrashed by over 75/100 points most games. Ironically this made the club stronger and their Seniors, 18's and 16's are one of the stronger clubs in Div 1 now.

If PCC get stronger and another club weakens, we will have the same issue. Teams will only get stronger if they play against better teams

In the end of the day, someone has to win and someone has to loose.These are 18 years olds, not 12 year olds

Having 2 teams in 16 Div 2 & 3 and none in Div 1 also shows a lack of courage and progress

It's a fine line and the same argument happens in the EDFL each year.

Coming from 3rd bottom in D2 to D1, I reckon the margins in D1 would be greater than 75 points.

If the league originally had PCC in the D1draw, shows their intent and I like the idea. Hopefully happens in 2025.

Coming from 3rd bottom in D2 to D1, I reckon the margins in D1 would be greater than 75 points.

If the league originally had PCC in the D1draw, shows their intent and I like the idea. Hopefully happens in 2025.

Doesn't matter anyway, they have no interest in developing their own, they just recruit from everywhere anyway. PCC kids will play senior footy for tarniet, Wyndham suns etc

Saw the 2nd half at Pt.Cook today and watched a very competitive Parkside team.

Low scoring arm wrestle in the 3rd with PC not getting on top until late in the game. Parkside won their share of contests and moved the ball well at times, but PC'S medium sized midfielders and flankers won enough the ball in the end to get the win.

Parkside no pushover this season.

Saw the 2nd half at Pt.Cook today and watched a very competitive Parkside team.

Low scoring arm wrestle in the 3rd with PC not getting on top until late in the game. Parkside won their share of contests and moved the ball well at times, but PC'S medium sized midfielders and flankers won enough the ball in the end to get the win.

Parkside no pushover this season.
That’s what we want don't we ??

Sharks were more than competitive last season after coming up, I think it’s great Parks are decent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back