WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Last QUARTER game-day scenes from last Sunday's RESERVES semi final match between Sunshine and Parkside:

My game-day scenes from the epic battle between Newport and Sunshine at Hansen Reserve last Sunday.
Great hard fought game played in front of a loud and enthusiastic crowd in perfect weather.
Gotta luv suburban footy. Enjoy.

Great stuff as per usual mate. Excellent camera work.
I will say gee the umpires gave Newport a fair few decisions. Mark close to square was not held for long prior to the spoil. And did I see 2 deliberate out of bounds. Oh my!!
They probably deserved to win though.
How good was the ruck battle. Boyd dominated the hit outs but the Newport rucks never gave up competing.

Great stuff as per usual mate. Excellent camera work.
I will say gee the umpires gave Newport a fair few decisions. Mark close to square was not held for long prior to the spoil. And did I see 2 deliberate out of bounds. Oh my!!
They probably deserved to win though.
How good was the ruck battle. Boyd dominated the hit outs but the Newport rucks never gave up competing.
Thanks for your positive feedback. I was filming into the sun so wasn't sure how the video would look like but it came out ok!
That mark at the 43 minute mark by number 25 of Newport was a bit lucky.
And, the kick by Sunshine was called out-on-the-full but it was clearly in at the 49:14 minute mark. Play it in slow-mo and you'll see it.
Anyway, Newport were awesome and didn't give-up at any stage and deserved their win. This week against Albion will be epic but I can't go. I'm going to the Donvale v Ferntree Gully Grand Final in the Eastern League. My mate's son is playing. So many good games all played at the same time unfortunately.
Gotta luv suburban footy.

Thanks for your positive feedback. I was filming into the sun so wasn't sure how the video would look like but it came out ok!
That mark at the 43 minute mark by number 25 of Newport was a bit lucky.
And, the kick by Sunshine was called out-on-the-full but it was clearly in at the 49:14 minute mark. Play it in slow-mo and you'll see it.
Anyway, Newport were awesome and didn't give-up at any stage and deserved their win. This week against Albion will be epic but I can't go. I'm going to the Donvale v Ferntree Gully Grand Final in the Eastern League. My mate's son is playing. So many good games all played at the same time unfortunately.
Gotta luv suburban footy.
Hey mate, yeah I seen that live on your video and it did not look to be out on the full. Umpire might have not seen it well or was coaxed into believing the Newport player 🤣🤣

These videos are brilliant and you should be doing it professionally for some $$. Love your work mate 👍👏

Hey mate, yeah I seen that live on your video and it did not look to be out on the full. Umpire might have not seen it well or was coaxed into believing the Newport player 🤣🤣

These videos are brilliant and you should be doing it professionally for some $$. Love your work mate 👍👏
He gets paid Turbos. The clubs pay the league

Incredible finish.

1694331934569.png

1694332835911.png
1694333237954.png

1694333266387.png

Albion hit the front with three minutes to go, and then Jy Lambley kicked a 75m goal (reminiscent of Danielle Ponter's goal Friday night) that cleared the pack and raced towards the goal square, beating home the defender as it bounced bounced through the big sticks.

The Parkside defender must have missed that ball by an inch. It probably would have been a score review in the AFL.

The ball returned to the middle and the siren sounded about ten seconds later. Phenomenal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredible finish.

View attachment 1799350

View attachment 1799379
View attachment 1799389

View attachment 1799390

Albion hit the front with three minutes to go, and then Jy Lambley kicked a 75m goal (reminiscent of Danielle Ponter's goal Friday night) that cleared the pack and raced towards the goal square, beating home the defender as it bounced bounced through the big sticks.

The Parkside defender must have missed that ball by an inch. It probably would have been a score review in the AFL.

The ball returned to the middle and the siren sounded about ten seconds later. Phenomenal.

Wow, annoyed I didn't go, great finish by the sound of it. Got an opinion on whether it was touched?

Albion have regrouped good on them, congratulations Parkside.

Still some good footy outside D1, as posters on the EDFL forum lament their one sided finals.

Enjoying this WRFL season, not a lot wrong with it.

Wow, annoyed I didn't go, great finish by the sound of it. Got an opinion on whether it was touched?

Albion have regrouped good on them, congratulations Parkside.

Still some good footy outside D1, as posters on the EDFL forum lament their one sided finals.

Enjoying this WRFL season, not a lot wrong with it.
Nah I don't think it was touched.

Your right wasn’t touched but I personally thought the Albion defender was held running back to the goal tho.
Albion’s skipper should’ve sealed it with less than a minute to go but missed, Parkside went straight down the middle with some horrible looking kicks that landed in their teammates laps and kicked a goal from outside 50.

Incredible finish

What a Finish! Great game and congrats to both teams. Took my camcorder with me and recorded the last half including THAT last goal. Looking at my video I felt it was touched on the line BUT if you look at the official WRFL video it is clearly a goal. Will upload my vision on YouTube later today and post the link on this site. Gotta luv suburban footy.

Wyndhamvale v Albion RESERVES - 2023 GRAND FINAL on 10 September at Yarraville Oval.
My LAST QUARTER game-day scenes plus post match celebrations and medals presentations. Enjoy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back