WRFL Div 3 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

So, some big decisions to be made this month…. By the league itself and a lot of clubs ‘currently’ in it.
As a club , do you do what’s best for the league or what’s best for the club? Will be interesting to see who does what.
As a league , they’ll do what’s best for themselves - as always.
What have you heard Madawhohar?

2 divs only for 2024 . Prezz’s will get to vote on it soon. But with rumours of more clubs bailing from WRFL, question is who are they going to pressure to go up to Div 1 and will those clubs comply ??
Parkside
Albion
Sunshine

They'd be my pics for Div 1 although the latter two would have to improve significantly.

Newport need to re-form some sort of relationship with the Newport Power junior club as the junior club is flying, clean up there act they could easily be a div 1 club at some stage I reckon!

Parkside
Albion
Sunshine

They'd be my pics for Div 1 although the latter two would have to improve significantly.

Newport need to re-form some sort of relationship with the Newport Power junior club as the junior club is flying, clean up there act they could easily be a div 1 club at some stage I reckon!
Nah, Newport couldn’t cope with the higher division. Imagine them losing regularly it could get ugly. 😄

2 divs only for 2024 . Prezz’s will get to vote on it soon. But with rumours of more clubs bailing from WRFL, question is who are they going to pressure to go up to Div 1 and will those clubs comply ??
They may not have to worry in the next few years. The way this league is going, there will only be one division anyway

Finals are upon us again. Predictions for this week Suns v Cobras & Heights v West Footscray.

Semi 1. Height v WF. This result will rely on whether WF can hold Heights forwards (Parker) if he plays and whether Heights can run with WF. Heights on their day can be tough and uncompromising but lazy & this is where WF can get the better of Heights, by running and continuing to run. Only 4 weeks ago Heights got the better of WF by 4 points and Parker was held to 2 goals, can they repeat that effort? With some of the Braybrook players from last year knowing what is required, maybe but if Parker kicks plus 5 Heights win. My prediction Heights 13 points.

Semi 2. Suns v Albanvale. This result will rely on whether Cobras can stop Hovey & Cachia, they have kicked 191 goals between them. Have Cobras got someone who can play on either of them? Last time they met it was Suns by plenty with the 2-gun forwards combining for 14 majors. Nathan Johnson will need to have a huge game up forward and this is the 1 position where Cobras could expose Suns but with the likes of Chris Lear supporting that backline, I believe they can cover any short comings, word coming out of Suns is that Lear has had his best season. The mid field for Suns is quick with the likes of Wilson & Jago, in saying that I have heard Jago will play forward & don't forget about Suns 2022 B & F Paul Tomelty, tough as nails, Bellingham is smart & quick as is Fields who can find the goals while Smith can play and coached by his father he will be determined to get the win, they need to have massive games like Johnson to crack the Suns. My prediction is Suns 28 points.

Exciting times for the Players, good Luck to all the players this weekend!

Finals are upon us again. Predictions for this week Suns v Cobras & Heights v West Footscray.

Semi 1. Height v WF. This result will rely on whether WF can hold Heights forwards (Parker) if he plays and whether Heights can run with WF. Heights on their day can be tough and uncompromising but lazy & this is where WF can get the better of Heights, by running and continuing to run. Only 4 weeks ago Heights got the better of WF by 4 points and Parker was held to 2 goals, can they repeat that effort? With some of the Braybrook players from last year knowing what is required, maybe but if Parker kicks plus 5 Heights win. My prediction Heights 13 points.

Semi 2. Suns v Albanvale. This result will rely on whether Cobras can stop Hovey & Cachia, they have kicked 191 goals between them. Have Cobras got someone who can play on either of them? Last time they met it was Suns by plenty with the 2-gun forwards combining for 14 majors. Nathan Johnson will need to have a huge game up forward and this is the 1 position where Cobras could expose Suns but with the likes of Chris Lear supporting that backline, I believe they can cover any short comings, word coming out of Suns is that Lear has had his best season. The mid field for Suns is quick with the likes of Wilson & Jago, in saying that I have heard Jago will play forward & don't forget about Suns 2022 B & F Paul Tomelty, tough as nails, Bellingham is smart & quick as is Fields who can find the goals while Smith can play and coached by his father he will be determined to get the win, they need to have massive games like Johnson to crack the Suns. My prediction is Suns 28 points.

Exciting times for the Players, good Luck to all the players this weekend!
You should write for the Leader, quality assessment there mate.

West by 7
Suns by 33

What makes you say that Lachy? Surely Suns are the in form team
That's what I mean theirs to lose. They have been a class above all year. Were last year too and got behind early in the Granny and could not make up the ground. More dominant this season

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns v Albanvale Granny

This will be an interesting game, Suns are favourites but we know they choked last year.

Still can’t see them losing but I think it will be tight for 3 quarters. Good luck, would love to see the Cobras get up!

Very interesting, both sides fully aware of what happened in last year's GF.

Surely, the Suns have learned from it and worked out where things went wrong, surely it won't happen again? Think they'll get it done but if the Cobras hang in there and stay in the game, the Suns will feel the pressure.

WRFL Div 3 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back