Chris Knights to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

viking12

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
would love to see chris knights at carlton. a player who can play forward and in the midfield somewhat an attacking player who can score 30-40 goals a season. in my view he is the akermanis type player. has nice left foot and strong build.

although blues should go after a key tall defender, i reckon blues should go all out to get him.

jacobs and a draft pick for knights. crows do need a ruckman for back up for maric so it would be something they fancy if knights wants to return to victoria.

honestly i expect blues to be the big player in this year's trade week.

your thoughts

would love to see chris knights at carlton. a player who can play forward and in the midfield somewhat an attacking player who can score 30-40 goals a season. in my view he is the akermanis type player. has nice left foot and strong build.

although blues should go after a key tall defender, i reckon blues should go all out to get him.

jacobs and a draft pick for knights. crows do need a ruckman for back up for maric so it would be something they fancy if knights wants to return to victoria.

honestly i expect blues to be the big player in this year's trade week.

your thoughts
I am thinking rumour thread or 1 of the other threads related to next years teams/plans!!!

Would LOVE to get him to Carlton

Stop the trend of sucky Crows we've had traded to us for one thing lol. But he's a quailty player no doubt. Wouldn't come cheap mind you

Get Simmo and Fish to convince him to come over they played Eastern Ranges together. Think they even won the TAC cup together.

If any Melbourne team is favourite to get Knights...... if he actually decides to leave...... then its the Bombers

They'll pay over the odds

Don't pay over the odds for a forward pocket

If any Melbourne team is favourite to get Knights...... if he actually decides to leave...... then its the Bombers

He is more than just a forward pocket. He plays as a high half forward with a booming kick which is something that we don't have. Would also push into the midfield as apart of the rotation.

Suggestion on the Crows board of Knights and Sellar for Sauce and AW. Don' know a lot about Sellar but seems a balanced trade on the face of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He very rarely played midfield.........lacks the engine

:confused: He was a midfielder before 2009 where he was moved to more of a forward flanker position. One of the the hardest runners at our clubs, remember seeing a quote from one of our coaches saying his GPS numbers were sometimes off the charts.

Suggestion on the Crows board of Knights and Sellar for Sauce and AW. Don' know a lot about Sellar but seems a balanced trade on the face of it

Sellar is no guarantee to make it at AFL level. At the moment he only gets a game for us when injuries force our hand and even then it's as a back up ruckman who doesn't get a lot of game time. I'd like to see him given a chance, just leave him in the team for 6 weeks or so regardless of form in the one position (probably key defender is where I think he is best suited, maybe as a utility who can play forward and ruck as well) and see what he can do. One thing you always get with Jimmy is he will always put his head over the ball, he is pretty mobile for his size too. Took a couple of nice contested marks in the forwardline for us a couple of weeks back, unreliable kick though.

Basically I would think Jim's trade value is pretty close to nothing but at worst he is a handy depth player who can play multiple positions.

l suggest your are grossly under-estimating Knights a good half forward flanker capable of kicking 30-40 goals & with good skills & capable of running in the mid-field rotations, he will be a great pick up for any club, with Jacobs possibly looking to move to SA, we would need to add something to facilitate a trade, but certainly he would add some valve to our list.

The way trades are done these days normally, is that the player will nominate a club, and then they will facilitate the trade, not sure your point about Essendon paying over the odds is relevant.

:confused: He was a midfielder before 2009 where he was moved to more of a forward flanker position. One of the the hardest runners at our clubs, remember seeing a quote from one of our coaches saying his GPS numbers were sometimes off the charts.

Something must have happened then if he hasn't played midfield for 2 years in an ageing team

Let the Bombers pay 400K foir him

We need that CHB

l suggest your are grossly under-estimating Knights a good half forward flanker capable of kicking 30-40 goals & with good skills & capable of running in the mid-field rotations, he will be a great pick up for any club, with Jacobs possibly looking to move to SA, we would need to add something to facilitate a trade, but certainly he would add some valve to our list.

The way trades are done these days normally, is that the player will nominate a club, and then they will facilitate the trade, not sure your point about Essendon paying over the odds is relevant.

The guy has said he would move if a substantial offer came his way

Let's not spend all our money on someone who was moved out of the midfield rotations of an ageing team to become a permanent mid to small sized forward

The guy has said he would move if a substantial offer came his way

Let's not spend all our money on someone who was moved out of the midfield rotations of an ageing team to become a permanent mid to small sized forward

Not sure he has said that at all, like many ex Victorian's that move to SA or WA some wish to return to their home state primarily for family reasons, the reality is that even though the Blues require a tall defender there does may appear to be any ready options in the marketplace that will provide this solution.

Our Mclean trade is better than inyourcool's obsession with it.

A lot of supporters were pissed at trading for Warnock's busted foot and shoulder this time last year...
Knights for Jacobs?

Yes.

Sellar for Walker?

**** no.

Why is Knights and Sellar for Jacobs and Walker a good trade for us?

Sellar has done jack.

We overrate Jacobs as much as we underrate Knights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back