2012 Season

Common Cents

Rookie
Jul 6, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Anyone keen to give their tips for round 1..?
Here are my thoughts bearing in mind that its only based on last years form and speculation about how sides have recruited...

Chiltern v Barny
DMB v Beech
KSC v Mitta
Saints v Thurgoona
Rutherglen v Wahgunyah
Yack v Tall

Chiltern v Barny (less than 10 points)
DMB v Beech (over 10 points)
KSC v Mitta (less than 10 points)
Saints v Thurgoona (over 100 points)
Rutherglen v Wahgunyah (over 20 points)
Yack v Tall (over 50 points)

offthebench

Debutant
May 29, 2009
Albury
AFL Club
Fremantle
Chiltern v Barny (3 points, match of the round)
DMB v Beech (22 pts up there and a few doubtful for bworth)
KSC v Mitta (6 goals, mitta shouldnt get near them)
Saints v Thurgoona (12 goals, twilight match could assist the saints to keep the damage to a minimum)
Rutherglen v Wahgunyah (10 goals, wahgunyah a bit to prove look out for the lions)
Yack v Tall (15 goals)

Hard Truths

Rookie
Mar 26, 2012
In town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Chiltern v Barny (3 points, match of the round)
DMB v Beech (22 pts up there and a few doubtful for bworth)
KSC v Mitta (6 goals, mitta shouldnt get near them)
Saints v Thurgoona (12 goals, twilight match could assist the saints to keep the damage to a minimum)
Rutherglen v Wahgunyah (10 goals, wahgunyah a bit to prove look out for the lions)
Yack v Tall (15 goals)

Barny will beat children by a lot. Apart from coach and ass. coach, haven't really picked up anyone dangerous. Despite all the hype.
Beech tol beat DMB. Very big loss for DMB.
KSC to dispose of mitta. Don't expect mitta to even break a sweat until about round 8.
Thurgoona by too much to count.
Rutherglen to upset wah. Don't right off the cats people. Watched them play rennie on Saturday and they have a very talented mid field. Not sure of names but no. 10 and 5 were very dominant and will form a lethal duo at any level. Also got news on the grape vine that a couple of talented kids from Darwin lobbed there on Tuesday night.
Yack to beat tall by a lot. Although yack not looking that good themselves.
Good luck to all players and coaches

DanielJohns

Debutant
Nov 23, 2007
Wodonga
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Barny will beat children by a lot. Apart from coach and ass. coach, haven't really picked up anyone dangerous. Despite all the hype.
KSC to dispose of mitta. Don't expect mitta to even break a sweat until about round 8.
Rutherglen to upset wah. Don't right off the cats people. Watched them play rennie on Saturday and they have a very talented mid field. Not sure of names but no. 10 and 5 were very dominant and will form a lethal duo at any level. Also got news on the grape vine that a couple of talented kids from Darwin lobbed there on Tuesday night.

anybody watch the final of the night series between Kiewa and Beechworth looks like Dillion might be injured going by the paper anything for the Mitta and Dederang coaches to take out of the game

winforme

Debutant
Jun 14, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
keiwa wont have its strongest line up in there are a few weddings on and up to 8 starting 18 players are going. went and watched the grand final the other night. why you play leading into round 1 is crazy with beechworth having a lot of players limping around. seems keiwa trying to give adam telford a boost had 2 kicks and got in there best as someone else has said alot of people around the club are not happy about him and his girlfriend just rocking up and taking spots more so the netballers.... but in saying that i have seen him play and he will only get better and be good for them.
doggies might break some records come sat night people do ya self a favour go watch.

anybody watch the final of the night series between Kiewa and Beechworth looks like Dillion might be injured going by the paper anything for the Mitta and Dederang coaches to take out of the game

FAR NORTH

Rookie
May 17, 2007
Tweed Heads
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Bombala
Netballers are the biggest bitches going round mate, its in every single club so no differant at kiewa. Everyone wrapped to have them there i have heard, those people need to get over them selves

Sep 29, 2008
ALBURY
AFL Club
Essendon
How many players will Thurgoona be missing on saturday night? I heard the other day they could be missing up to 10 due to cricket finals and unavailabilities.:confused::confused::confused:
I wonder how many teams will be missing players, lots of weddings and cricket finals going on, I would think many teams have 5 or 6 players unavailable.
Expect to see a different outfit for round 2 for most teams. This is one of those rounds that could snatch a game for a club on the rise and a club missing a few players.:thumbsu:

DanielJohns

Debutant
Nov 23, 2007
Wodonga
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I wonder how many teams will be missing players, lots of weddings and cricket finals going on, I would think many teams have 5 or 6 players unavailable.
Expect to see a different outfit for round 2 for most teams. This is one of those rounds that could snatch a game for a club on the rise and a club missing a few players.:thumbsu:

Thurgoona could play there seconds and still win by 10 goals against the saints

Noah Fence

Debutant
Mar 7, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Netballers are the biggest bitches going round mate, its in every single club so no differant at kiewa. Everyone wrapped to have them there i have heard, those people need to get over them selves

Geez mate, judging by your previous posts you are a Kiewa man, so saying that about your netballers will go down real well.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

winforme

Debutant
Jun 14, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Wow u Were spot on here

2high

Debutant
Oct 6, 2008
darwin
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Had a look at the Chiltern v Barny game. Huge crowd,and a huge arm wrestle for three quarters.Chilterns fittness blow them out of the water in the last qt. I think the fittness of the Swans will get them off to a good start to the year.If this is the standerd of footy we get this season we will have a top comp for 2012.

offthebench

Debutant
May 29, 2009
Albury
AFL Club
Fremantle
Had a look at the Chiltern v Barny game. Huge crowd,and a huge arm wrestle for three quarters.Chilterns fittness blow them out of the water in the last qt. I think the fittness of the Swans will get them off to a good start to the year.If this is the standerd of footy we get this season we will have a top comp for 2012.

Raises the question, why did the league showcase a night game between saints and thurgoona when they had a couple of other games that you knew would be great contests in round 1.

now im a big supporter of what woodsy and the saints are trying to do so dont take this the wrong way, but what does showcasing this night game between two very unevenly matched sides say about the comp? surely would have been better off advertising matches of the round (KSC v Mitta & Chiltern v Barny). Or rearranging the draw for the saints to play someone else to make the game more of a spectacle.

Maybe im wrong but can anyone shed any light on what sort of crowd was in attendance saturday night? There would have been 500plus people at Chiltern who witnessed a great contest for 3 and a half quarters.

Albert Park

Team Captain
Jan 23, 2007
Albert Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Raises the question, why did the league showcase a night game between saints and thurgoona when they had a couple of other games that you knew would be great contests in round 1.

now im a big supporter of what woodsy and the saints are trying to do so dont take this the wrong way, but what does showcasing this night game between two very unevenly matched sides say about the comp? surely would have been better off advertising matches of the round (KSC v Mitta & Chiltern v Barny). Or rearranging the draw for the saints to play someone else to make the game more of a spectacle.

Maybe im wrong but can anyone shed any light on what sort of crowd was in attendance saturday night? There would have been 500plus people at Chiltern who witnessed a great contest for 3 and a half quarters.

At last year's AGM Saints asked all the other clubs if anyone would play them in a night game Round 1, Thurgoona were only team that would. Not sure what the crowd was as I was on the couch watching the Cats & Freo, maybe someone from Saints or Dogs could tell us.

Oct 3, 2008
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda

Not sure on exact numbers, the crowd was not that big. Yes the league helped support the club in its endeavours to build the twilight game, so to did Terry and Woodsy, with all the extra pre-season build up and articles. If you dont ask, you don't get, it's that simple.
A part of rebuilding the Saints is also to promote and renew the Brand and hard work both Terry, coaches and committee is putting in place, which can be seen by hosting a twilight match. You cant expect things turn around overnight, but you have to start somewhere, Saints have the facilities, lights, great surface and ability to host a night game, why not try it out and test the waters, for the club and the league.

Barny Chiltern Rivalry has been strong for a very long time, before Chiltern were even in the competition they used to play for a preseason for trophy and will always pull a good crowd and even more so when teams are evenly placed.
The more Clubs and the league work together on promoting our league and games being played, the stronger it will become and the high its profile will be lifted. No doubt other clubs will learn from this and look at what the Saints and Thurgoona did, but also what Jindera and Howlong are doing Good Friday. See what a little promotion and competition can build in Round One:thumbsu:.

avitar

Draftee
Jan 4, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

:rolleyes: yea footballers talk/post about and call it a forum... hence last season a mention of footballers not training but getting a game...might be the case for the netballers train first then get a game oh but thats bitching perhaps netballers should post it :spade: a spade is a spade.

Hard Truths

Rookie
Mar 26, 2012
In town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wow u Were spot on here

I did seem to be off by a fair bit but it's only round 1. So cut me some slack. However, from what I have heard neither rutherglen or KSC had anywhere near full teams. Not making excuses as there were probably more teams in the same boat but I am led to believe that these two teams both had up to 7 starting players missing. hard task for any team. I also went and watched chiltern/barny and I'm glad I did. It was a pleasure to watch such a high standard game, and I agree 100% that if this is the standard this year then everyone is in for a great season. Chilterns fitness was by far superior and it was clearly viewable in the last quarter. However I believe the biggest question to come from barny supporters would be, can the tigers win a game if Cook doesn't kick a bag full. Only round 1, but that's the question I'd be asking

PussyParlour

Draftee
Feb 3, 2012
On the nest!
AFL Club
Fremantle
I did seem to be off by a fair bit but it's only round 1. So cut me some slack. However, from what I have heard neither rutherglen or KSC had anywhere near full teams. Not making excuses as there were probably more teams in the same boat but I am led to believe that these two teams both had up to 7 starting players missing. hard task for any team. I also went and watched chiltern/barny and I'm glad I did. It was a pleasure to watch such a high standard game, and I agree 100% that if this is the standard this year then everyone is in for a great season. Chilterns fitness was by far superior and it was clearly viewable in the last quarter. However I believe the biggest question to come from barny supporters would be, can the tigers win a game if Cook doesn't kick a bag full. Only round 1, but that's the question I'd be asking

From what I seen on Saturday Chiltern should play finals, intensity and attack at the ball was brilliant! As for Rutherglen missing up to seven players I think that's a bit over the top, both Rutherglen and Wahgunyah were missing two players who attended a wedding and Kay only played a quarter, I heard it was Wahgunyah missing up to 5 players with injuries and other commitments. Thurgoona looks like a good side on paper again this year, surely they can't go two years in a row spending big coin only to finish second!

DanielJohns

Debutant
Nov 23, 2007
Wodonga
AFL Club
Hawthorn
From what I seen on Saturday Chiltern should play finals, intensity and attack at the ball was brilliant! As for Rutherglen missing up to seven players I think that's a bit over the top, both Rutherglen and Wahgunyah were missing two players who attended a wedding and Kay only played a quarter, I heard it was Wahgunyah missing up to 5 players with injuries and other commitments. Thurgoona looks like a good side on paper again this year, surely they can't go two years in a row spending big coin only to finish second!

Great to see the Swannys in form early, what about the other winners Yack predictable against Tallangatta who look like taking the spoon off the saints, Was Wahgunyas form good or is Rutherglen going to struggle, and looks like Dederang did a job on Beechworth witch was a turnaround from the pre season comp anyone see this game

Common Cents

Rookie
Jul 6, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah swanny's start backs up the hype they received and crushed the Barny hype, reckon Rutherglen will struggle, they have apparently left their recruiting run too late and won't fill their big losses. We will see where Wahgunyah are at over the next 3 rounds with Thurgoona, Kiewa then Barny. I think Beechworths pre season form was a reflection on the half strength sides they played or the inconsistant nature of young players. Saints must have improved as kicking 8 goals against one of the top sides never happened in previous years, don't think so anyway:confused:

Back