Mega Thread London 2012 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

A politician says something a bit overly ambitious. More news at seven.

We can certainly challenge the top 5, but there's a good chance we'll end up top 10 in terms of medal totals. Fair reflection. The difference between gold and silver can be so very small...

Top 5....we need 13+ gold medals...where are they coming from!

I've never seen so many chokes.. And it feels like we are cursed

If you think a choke is losing a 1 point lead in the closing stages of a game, you've certainly seen millions of chokes.

I'd classify Diamond as choking if he was 5 up with 10 shots to go or something. Trap shooting is always incredibly tight and scores are always close to perfection.

In other news, Outteridge and Jensen have won the first of tonight's 49er races and opened up their lead to 25 points.

If they finish today with a lead of 20 points or greater, they will have secured gold without having to race the medal race on Wednesday.
So if they do end up with the 20 point lead will they sit out the race on Wednesday?

In other news, Outteridge and Jensen have won the first of tonight's 49er races and opened up their lead to 25 points.

If they finish today with a lead of 20 points or greater, they will have secured gold without having to race the medal race on Wednesday.
I fully embrace these Australian boat people :thumbsu:

I hope so but with brits performances so far, plus from what ive seen she is clearly faster.

Meares has her in the world championships had she not technically bumped Pendelton in race 2.

We have a lot of silvers. I meant more in terms of potential. Like I said - the difference between gold and silver can be so small.

We won't be in the top 5, in fact did we even come top 5 in Sydney? Top 10 sure, but I wasn't expecting anymore than 7-8 golds in this Olympics

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fancy you idiots saying Diamond choked. That is high pressure competition and he went into the final with only 2 shots ahead. That Croatian shooter that won gold was amazing. That's just the way it goes sometimes in any sport. Diamond did his best and ended up 4th. That's life! But for fellow Aussies to slag him off is just disgraceful.

Fancy you idiots saying Diamond choked. That is high pressure competition and he went into the final with only 2 shots ahead. That Croatian shooter that won gold was amazing. That's just the way it goes sometimes in any sport. Diamond did his best and ended up 4th. That's life! But for fellow Aussies to slag him off is just disgraceful.

Not idiots but he did choke. Your kidding saying that but all the same we are proud of him.

I don't think people know the definition of choked, if they are claiming Diamond didn't choke. He did his best, and came up just short in a great effort ... but to be leading the competition by not missing, and then lose by missing a relatively high % of shots that he normally wouldn't miss ... That equals a choke I am afraid.

Lol at the failed dive from Stephan Feck. I'll let someone else make the obvious pun.

This German pole vault coach had an interesting way of inspiring his vaulter.

7ab9ed30.jpg

Shane perkins missed out in the sprints but is competing for the bronze, he looks past it. Not as fast as he used to be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back