Game Day Round 21 Fremantle V Richmond (Patersons Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah give em another goal. What does it matter. Mundy has it on the wing with just over a minute left and decides to play silly buggers. What a waste.

we have to work so hard for our goals, need a bit more polish before we become a legit finals side

Not only polish but certainly a key marking forward and reliable goal kicking HF and I don't see either of those on your list. Not enough firepower at present to go the next step.

Well done boys, comprehensively outplayed us all day. McPharlin and De Boer very impressive for mine. Think you'll go alright in September should things go your way :thumbsu:

Another frustrating game that we should have pulled apart with ease.

Mzungu can run the paddock all day if he wants, just don't let him kick or handball.

Don't underestimate the blown opportunity for percentage. Could be crucial. I didn't think we could thrash Richmond before the game, but after watching it, we should have won by 10-12 goals. Very uninspiring performance.

Will not beat North with that kind of effort.

12 more shots at goal for just a 22 point win. Slack finish to the game will cost us a final, if we don't win against the Kangaroos. Really upset at the lack of intensity and killer instinct at the end.

Don't underestimate the blown opportunity for percentage. Could be crucial. I didn't think we could thrash Richmond before the game, but after watching it, we should have won by 10-12 goals. Very uninspiring performance.

Yes we will. The effort was good, nearly perfect. Conversion was poor.

Percentage wont matter with Carlton playing Gold Coast next week. We need to beat North to make the finals.

Yeah but they have a much harder Rnd 24 v the Saints than we have against the Dees. We should've been giving ourselves every chance to make the finals, even if it was percentage. What they gain v GC we could potentially get back v Melbourne at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BTW

Commiserations to the Fox commentary team today. They barracked hard but their boys had a loss.

Conversion wasn't as deadly because Pav was struggling all day. That upset the forward structure a little. Plus I'd say the pedal was off a bit to get up for the North game towards the mid-end of the fourth. Good signs though, hope all pull up OK. If Kep hadn't missed those 3 and a few others, the scoreline would look very different.

Gave them a goal at the end. What an uninspiring win, but I'll take it. Looking forward to the North game!

I think you did what you needed to do. Slightly wasteful, but your boys dominated pretty much every key area in a pretty complete performance. At times it was perhaps too easy and some players took the wrong option, but just watching the game I thought it was clinical. You won't get those luxuries against better teams, but I think your boys can adapt to the situation; today I don't believe they would've felt the game was in any danger of slipping at any point.

Gave them a goal at the end. What an uninspiring win, but I'll take it. Looking forward to the North game!

Want you know why it was an inspiring effort? Because we again strangled a team to a sub 75 score (and as Tony Shaw said, you win most games when you do that); we won all of the key stats; we outplayed them all over the ground; and.....(drum roll).....we didn't lose.

Freo of the past always seemed to lose these "must win" games. That has changed under Ross and I for one am inspired.

We would with todays effort... Freo did strangle richmond in most patches in the 1st half.

Want you know why it was an inspiring effort? Because we again strangled a team to a sub 75 score (and as Tony Shaw said, you win most games when you do that); we won all of the key stats; we outplayed them all over the ground; and.....(drum roll).....we didn't lose.

Freo of the past always seemed to lose these "must win" games. That has changed under Ross and I for one am inspired.

I understand what you're saying and I do agree with the above. I felt it was uninspiring because we dominated for most of the match and really should've won by 40+ points. I didn't like the last minute at all. I get what they were trying to do by running down the clock, but it wasn't effective and we basically gifted Richmond an unnecessary goal. I guess that last play kind of stuck in my mind when I wrote that post.

I thought we were a bit sloppy at times but we did most things very well.

I'm going to assume that we had next week's game on our mind in the last half of the last quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back