Mega Thread AFL to investigate Essendon for controversial fitness program - PART2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same to you that you can't possible fathom that there is any possibility that the club has done that wrong thing.

But I liked how you attacked me on a personal level instead of rebutting what I put forward.

Hypocrite
have you read any of my posts on this issue? Who is the hypocrite?

I'm not sure why the Essendon supporters are celebrating. Didn't they announce at the press conference that they were inviting ASADA to come and investigate the club? So of course they met today for the first time!

What have I missed? It doesn't seem to exonerate them at all at this stage. Players still may have been given dubious substances. WTF??
Celebrating? WTF are you on about? Is any evidence that refutes your preconceived belief interpreted as "celebrating"? Give me a break. Answer this instead. Is "individuals" a different concept to a "club systematically doping", in your opinion???

No. The ACC aren't investigating us. At all. ASADA are investigating Essendon. There's your mistake. Feel free to apologise.

It appears they (ACC) were looking in to all teams

How do you know they aren't? Or haven't, by the way?

have you read any of my posts on this issue? Who is the hypocrite?
Well you centrally threw mud at my club so that's a start and I'm not going through 150 odd pages to read all your posts on the issue.
The fact that you are mud slinging and throwing personal insults my way shows how childish you are on the issue.

Take a nap

No. The ACC aren't investigating us. At all. ASADA are investigating Essendon. There's your mistake. Feel free to apologise.

It was the ACC that released the report into wide spread illegal activity against a number of codes....NOT ASADA!

Which means that the ACC investigated EVERYONE, that includes ALL AFL clubs.

ASADA are now following up that report with their own investigation.

Maybe you need to apologise....

Well you centrally threw mud at my club so that's a start and I'm not going through 150 odd pages to read all your posts on the issue.
The fact that you are mud slinging and throwing personal insults my way shows how childish you are on the issue.

Take a nap
translation: I have nothing

It was the ACC that released the report into wide spread illegal activity against a number of codes....NOT ASADA!

Which means that the ACC investigated EVERYONE, that includes ALL AFL clubs.

ASADA are now following up that report with their own investigation.

Maybe you need to apologise....
ACC are investigating all sport. Do you really think the Government would investigate one AFL club?

We called ASADA. They're investigating us. Fact.

I'm not going to apologise because you are confused. The ACC have already investigated. I have not assumed Essendon are guilty but I think it would be wise of you to not assume they are innocent either as neither of us have definitive evidence but circumstances are VERY concerning.

that's a given. But the assumption has been Essendon are THE TEAM who is sytsematically doping. Is that the case?

We won't know that "one" team for a while.

Essendon are the only one to come forward and day there is a problem however.

O
Celebrating? WTF are you on about? Is any evidence that refutes your preconceived belief interpreted as "celebrating"? Give me a break. Answer this instead. Is "individuals" a different concept to a "club systematically doping", in your opinion???
Of course it is.
I would have thought you wouldn't need my help to figure that out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As compared to the chemical laboratory, tying players down against their will, slipping HGH into vitamin containers story the media will have you believe?
Yeah, unfortunately I was saying the same stuff when the Tippett story was breaking. The media seems to know more than they publish. Hope you're right but I expect there's a lot here that hasn't been published yet.

ACC are investigating everyone.

But... and correct me if I'm wrong, if the supplements that were administered are determined to be illegal, then every player who took them will be up for a 2 year ban under the ASADA code? Correct me if I'm wrong again, but didn't Essendon submit these supplements to the AFL, which passed onto ASADA, either earlier this week or the end of last week?

I get no joy out of this, in fact I hate it, but the way I see it is the biggest issue still looms and that is the legality or not under ASADA. And if they're not, that could bring the club to its knees.

This is how I see it too. The ACC investigation may not involve Essendon - we dont really know who it entails - but we do know that Essendon approached ASADA and they've already said if the supplements are illegal under WADA guidelines then ignorance is no excuse, the AFL has said the same, and a couple of two year year bans here and there might have something of an impact. Any chance of a light sentence evaporated yesterday.

We won't know that "one" team for a while.

Essendon are the only one to come forward and day there is a problem however.
I'm pleased to hear you admit we won't know.

But there has been unbridled assertions that that team is us. We came forward when it was known there was an investigation, and asked for ASADA to ensure we were ok. That's why we came forward. How is that any proof of guilt?

Take a nap
"He" won't take a nap. It is either a "bot", or multiple people posting in defence of the Footy club.

Lance Armstrong employs many interns to "spam" places like the 'Clinic' @ Cycling News. Something similar going on here I imagine.

"He" won't take a nap. It is either a "bot", or multiple people posting in defence of the Footy club.

Lance Armstrong employs many interns to "spam" places like the 'Clinic' @ Cycling News. Something similar going on here I imagine.
yeah well sucks to be you. Comprehensively thrashed by a bot. That's gotta hurt

The ACC report released this week stated;
The ACC has collaborated with ASADA throughout this project and references to the ACC in this report should be understood to imply and reflect the outcomes of this collaboration. As the appropriate regulatory agency, ASADA will conduct its own investigation of matters raised by this project.

The issue of whether particular athletes have committed an anti-doping rule violation will be determined by the formal process which governs ASADA investigations of this type.

The ACC report was entitled 'Organised crime and drugs in sport'.
It clearly had a much wider focus than did player x take substance y.
Following on from the publication of the report ASADA will now examine particular, specific, relevant issues that came to light in the investigation.

I'm not sure why the Essendon supporters are celebrating. Didn't they announce at the press conference that they were inviting ASADA to come and investigate the club? So of course they met today for the first time!

What have I missed? It doesn't seem to exonerate them at all at this stage. Players still may have been given dubious substances. WTF??

I'm not celebrating, however it has gone from caro heavily implying that Essendon as a club are involved in systemic doping to "It now seems that while the Australian Crime Commission had suspicions regarding certain individuals at essendon" rather quickly.

however the most damning part of the article is the byline, 'Caroline Wilson, Chief football writer for the Age'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back