Mega Thread AFL to investigate Essendon for controversial fitness program - PART2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really cant beleive how big this has actually become!

At first, it was just a piss take towards Essendon for being idiots, but now its literally changing the face of sport in Aust.

Sad really, cant we just go back to the days of Warnie texting, or Fevola drinking his life away :(

Wondering who the first player will be to come forward, officially.
A piss take when people were seriously suggesting/hoping (in some cases) that 90% of our list would be banned for 2 years and our club cease to exist. When these people kept telling Essendon fans that defending the club was pointless. It was obvious we'd screwed up, were breaking the rules and were going down.

No. This wasn't a piss take. F*** anyone who believed the media's bullshit.

Childish and hypocritical

Not surprising really

The investigation is far from over, but it's nice to see
a) all supporters overreacting.
b) Ess supporters not only celebrating like they are in the clear but trying to sling mud at other clubs.

Keep carrying on hypocrites
excuse me? So anything negative towards Essendon is to be celebrated, but anything that rebuts that is "childish and hypocritical"?

Wipe those tears champ

but I thought Essendon were definitely the club on Page 17?

Whilst gathering intelligence and material the commission and others won't directly approach other than by quietly dropping subpoenas on people to attend examinations.

So yes after they hand their findings over then asada can start talking directly to clubs. That they only spoke for the first time today doesn't mean that it isn't Essendon being referred to in the report.

Whilst gathering intelligence and material the commission and others won't directly approach other than by quietly dropping subpoenas on people to attend examinations.

So yes after they hand their findings over then asada can start talking directly to clubs. That they only spoke for the first time today doesn't mean that it isn't Essendon being referred to in the report.
Oh good god...

it says the ACC had suspicions "regarding certain individuals at Essendon". Do you think that language possibly rebuts that Essendon are the club systematically doping their team? Because that's been the distinction drawn all week. Would be a bit weird if the parameters were changed now in my opinion

Also from Caro's piece of s**t

"The AFL famously resisted joining forces with the World Anti-Doping Agency's illicit drugs policy because of the number of indigenous players testing positive for marijuana."

Uhh...what?

A piss take when people were seriously suggesting/hoping (in some cases) that 90% of our list would be banned for 2 years and our club cease to exist. When these people kept telling Essendon fans that defending the club was pointless. It was obvious we'd screwed up, were breaking the rules and were going down.

No. This wasn't a piss take. F*** anyone who believed the media's bullshit.
You know it's still possible, yeah?

You don't know the findings or the outcome, so hanging onto a line in an article, showing it to be wrong, and then using it as some sort of leverage to prove that the entire list of allegations are false is a bit much.

And anyway, you've got to lose this "media beat up" line of thinking, as your club are the ones who contacted ASADA and the AFL and asked to be investigated. That's not exactly something that AFL clubs routinely do, and pretending it's all just a beat up just makes you look childish.

You don't know the findings or the outcome, so hanging onto a line in an article, showing it to be wrong, and then using it as some sort of leverage to prove that the entire list of allegations are false is a bit much.

And anyway, you've got lose this "media beat up" line of thinking, your club are the ones who contacted ASADA and the AFL and asked to be investigated. That's not exactly something that AFL clubs routinely do.
Essendon: Hey ASADA, we've heard you're investigating this bloke we used to employ. Could you check out the stuff he used to make sure it's all okay?
ASADA: Sure.

Sadly there's not much of a news story in that version of events.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon: Hey ASADA, we've heard you're investigating this bloke we used to employ. Could you check out the stuff he used to make sure it's all okay?

Here's your mistake, that should read "ACC are investigating". They're entirely different agencies.

And anyway, you've got lose this "media beat up" line of thinking, your club are the ones who contacted ASADA and the AFL and asked to be investigated. That's not exactly something that AFL clubs routinely do.
come off it Echols. I'm not pointing this at you, but that article appears to distinguish between "individuals" and "club that had coaches and officials systematically doping".

Now it's merely "still possible"? Gimme a break dude. Either the distinction applies or it doesn't. It's a bit rich to admonish Essendon because it's "still possible" when we've been eating it all week based on "joining the dots".

Again, not accusing you specifically here

You honestly think it's that simple?

Here's your mistake, that should read "ACC are investigating". They're entirely different agencies.
No. The ACC aren't investigating us. At all. ASADA are investigating Essendon. There's your mistake. Feel free to apologise.

you are beyond redemption. I'm sorry your tiny brain won't consider outcomes other than what you had already determined was the truth
Same to you that you can't possible fathom that there is any possibility that the club has done that wrong thing.

But I liked how you attacked me on a personal level instead of rebutting what I put forward.

Hypocrite

come off it Echols. I'm not pointing this at you, but that article appears to distinguish between "individuals" and "club that had coaches and officials systematically doping".

Now it's merely "still possible"? Gimme a break dude. Either the distinction applies or it doesn't. It's a bit rich to admonish Essendon because it's "still possible" when we've been eating it all week based on "joining the dots".

Again, not accusing you specifically here

Oh, come on Lance. Dry those tears.:rolleyes:

But... and correct me if I'm wrong, if the supplements that were administered are determined to be illegal, then every player who took them will be up for a 2 year ban under the ASADA code? Correct me if I'm wrong again, but didn't Essendon submit these supplements to the AFL, which passed onto ASADA, either earlier this week or the end of last week?

I get no joy out of this, in fact I hate it, but the way I see it is the biggest issue still looms and that is the legality or not under ASADA. And if they're not, that could bring the club to its knees.

I'm not sure why the Essendon supporters are celebrating. Didn't they announce at the press conference that they were inviting ASADA to come and investigate the club? So of course they met today for the first time!

What have I missed? It doesn't seem to exonerate them at all at this stage. Players still may have been given dubious substances. WTF??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back