Stephen 'I have the letter' Dank

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dank may have produced another letter to show EFC and maybe even MFC. A possibly fraudulent letter based on those emails. I still find it hard to believe that EFC doctors and possibly MFC doctor would have been deceived by that email when all of us could see he didn't get approval.

Remember Dank allegedly used AOD at Manly before WADA prohibited it. I still think he may have used WADA ok back then and possibly doctored (pardon the pun) it.

Adds to the dodgy nature of Dank. Could he have even deceived EFC further and not even given them AOD? God knows? Assume ASADA has vials to prove this supposedly/possible dodgy character actually gave us this stuff?

Fraud and sabotage and at least two paid EFC employees must have approved it/deceived. May look better for the players at least.

the AOD in question has never been legal for athletes to use.

No chance. Imagine if the Efc get off in court. Litigation would be out of this world.

Who would *Essendon sue?

If they went the AFL, what would stop the AFL from taking their licence?

WADA, ASADA? Good luck with suing organisations for doing their job.

Dank, probably but does he have any assets to sue for?

I know, sue the players! We have the documents they signed saying everything was WADA approved. They're the ones responsible for what went into their bodies, so it's all their fault!

No chance. Imagine if the Efc get off in court. Litigation would be out of this world.
Will be more out of the world when the penny drops for the players and they all realise they got shafted by the club.

At the moment the players are still buying into the clubs "we are a family in this together" crap.

Sooner or later the players will realise ... hang on here....None would really treat their own family like this...

I'm saying you are letting the media put words in Essendons mouth.

IF essendon did use AOD there is still a very good chance they will avoid penalties because of the ambiguous way AOD has been classified by wada and mainly ASADA.
Don't speak sense. It's not sexy. Nor is Melbs captain evidently.

Dank may have produced another letter to show EFC and maybe even MFC. A possibly fraudulent letter based on those emails. I still find it hard to believe that EFC doctors and possibly MFC doctor would have been deceived by that email when all of us could see he didn't get approval.

Remember Dank allegedly used AOD at Manly before WADA prohibited it. I still think he may have used WADA ok back then and possibly doctored (pardon the pun) it.

Adds to the dodgy nature of Dank. Could he have even deceived EFC further and not even given them AOD? God knows? Assume ASADA has vials to prove this supposedly/possible dodgy character actually gave us this stuff?

Fraud and sabotage and at least two paid EFC employees must have approved it/deceived. May look better for the players at least.

There are two stable solutions to how Dank was able to do this despite clearly not getting approval.

One is deception by Dank as you've outlined. The other is that the powers that be at Essendon knew all of this ,regarding the lack of approval, and pressed on anyway.

Will be more out of the world when the penny drops for the players and they all realise they got shafted by the club.

At the moment the players are still buying into the clubs "we are a family in this together" crap.

Sooner or later the players will realise ... hang on here....None would really treat their own family like this...
They know less than us?

IF essendon did use AOD there is still a very good chance they will avoid penalties because of the ambiguous way AOD has been classified by wada and mainly ASADA.

Not this time mate, maybe an individual case but this is massive news, the world is watching, if WADA-ASADA are lenient it will give a green light to every backyard scientist in the world to concoct up brews of their own, it will set a very dangerous trend IMO.

Unfortunately some families are pretty f#cked, especially when money and power is involved.

There are two stable solutions to how Dank was able to do this despite clearly not getting approval.

One is deception by Dank as you've outlined. The other is that the powers that be at Essendon knew all of this ,regarding the lack of approval, and pressed on anyway.
Correct. There are three scenarios two above and the slim chance Asada fkd up. Players signed forms assuring them goods were compliant. Club doctor signed off. Another club used it on their captain. Question is why? I care less about the act than the governance. Why is Dank and Hird "confident?" Naive perhaps? Desperate? Probably. Lot to still play out. Don't buy that eveything is out yet. If so then the corp gov failures by two clubs is beyond our wildest imagination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just curious, what do you think was more likely? If it scenario 2 why wouldn't Dank just come out and say "we didn't get permission but they wanted to go ahead anyway. Don't blame me."

Why even the need to say "i have a letter with approval"?

why would Vlad, who keeps telling us he knows more that we do, come out today and talk to sponsor and say "support the club....they're not hiding anything"? Strange.

Ambiguous between wada and ASADA. Mum didn't seem to give the same advice as dad. This is where I think this will be won or lost. How can they ban players if advice from ASADA was misleading?
Time to stop flogging this horse, it's dead.

There's nothing misleading from ASADA.

If you think that the ACC report indicates that there is remember a couple of things - that report was prepared in 2013, well after the 2012 *Essendon doping program was over and that the ACC aren't experts on performance enhancing drugs and drugs in sport law. Their expertise is in tracking down criminals.

There is nothing ambiguous about the email. Dank pretending it might be ambiguous does not make it ambiguous. This exchange has effectively removed that defence UNLESS there is further evidence which introduces ambiguity.

Note mxett is assuming theres a 'real' letter somewhere from Asada or someone that says AOD-9604 is OK to use.

There is no evidence of this.

And EFC apparently doesnt have a copy. That nice Mr Dank has a copy, however.

David Galbally takes on cases he is likely to lose? Who is he defending? Danks boss.

I reiterate. Two clubs and doctors were duped? Dank had more to lose by cheating than gain, didn't he? Especially given said supp is not a ped.

Ambiguous between wada and ASADA. Mum didn't seem to give the same advice as dad. This is where I think this will be won or lost. How can they ban players if advice from ASADA was misleading?
Have ASADA ever said it's an allowed substance or simply that it's not banned.....If EFC have written approval that AOD "IS ALLOWED" then they have a case. If not they are screwed big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back