Caroline Wilson renews push for Hird sacking

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASADA was told that coach James Hird allegedly became impatient with Reid's lengthy time delays in approving substances administered to players. Reid told the joint investigators he was muscled out of his position of influence by the high-performance team led by Stephen Dank and Dean Robinson and had little knowledge of more dubious elements of the program.

The selfishness of Hird is mind-blowing, if he really cared about the club he would've taken the fall for this, it's his **** up. Now all he's doing is digging Essendon's hole deeper and deeper.
As it stands it really does appear as though Hird is harbouring secret hate for the club and conspired to bring it down from within.
I think you're confusing bravery for selfisness.
Hird is so very brave the way he had battled on so selflessly against adversity.

If you don't believe me, go to the Bombers board and find out the truth for yourself.

I think you're confusing bravery for selfisness.
Hird is so very brave the way he had battled on so selflessly against adversity.

If you don't believe me, go to the Bombers board and find out the truth for yourself.
Poor Bambi, he needs a big cuddle.

Wow. Just wow!!

Footy Smarts said it was disgraceful to give them AOD and that the saftey of giving it to them is unknown.

WTF is it doing in shops then?

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Assuming the across the counter in Myers line is correct, and I doubt it:

• Speed is available across the counter in cold pills. And prescribed to ADD children. Doesn't make it legal in sport.
  • Steroids are all over the place. In creams for skin conditions, in inhalers for bronchial conditions etc etc. Doesn't make them OK either.
  • And IF AOD is available in low concentration in a cosmetic skin cream. Doesn't make it OK to inject mega doses into footballers.

Hird said today "we're not going out to risk our players' bodies by playing every weekend for no reason."

Yeah but its ok to risk their bodies by filling them up to the eyeballs on drugs not fit for human consumption? To even bring up risking the players bodies... is he just trolling now? Wish a jounalist at the conference had the guts to call him out on it.

Speed is available across the counter in cold pills. And prescribed to ADD children. Doesn't make it legal in sport.to footballers.

No, it isn't.

Saying speed is available over the counter because you can buy pseudoephedrine is like saying beer is available over the counter because you can buy sugar.

ASADA was told that coach James Hird allegedly became impatient with Reid's lengthy time delays in approving substances administered to players. Reid told the joint investigators he was muscled out of his position of influence by the high-performance team led by Stephen Dank and Dean Robinson and had little knowledge of more dubious elements of the program.
Doesn't make sense.

How does a club doctor get muscled of out his responsibilities by 2 new employees?

Doesn't make sense.

How does a club doctor get muscled of out his responsibilities by 2 new employees?
It all depends on the coach's priorities. I believe Hird WANTED to believe what Danks had to sell. After that, it's a slippery slope. If Charters has indeed baited the hook by saying he is selling Collingwood growth and getting away with it, then jimmy is probably thinking 'to hell with process'

Nobody wants to make an awkward call on a veteran doctor with a venerable reputation built over decades. But it's been obvious for months that Doc Reid's participation, to whatever degree, requires a fantastic explanation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it despicable that everyone knows, bummer supporters included that there was a systemic supplement regime happening.
If there was no "cheating" why then was the program shut down?
Why was Dank given the arse?
Why was Robinson stood down?
Why did Robson "resign"?
Why did Hamilton resign?
Why did Essendon "self report"
Why did Essendon initiate the Switkowski report? Did that report find anything concrete. Has it been made public (excluding any individual privacy issues)

"Governance" TM Switkowski

Essendon are such an ordinary club. They pushed the envelope, they stuffed it up. Can they just take their medicine and let us get back to footy please.

Essendon are such an ordinary club. They pushed the envelope, they stuffed it up. Can they just take their medicine and let us get back to footy please.

They're overtaking Collingwood as the most despised club.

May even give Hawthorn a run for us Geelong folk.

Deplorable bunch you are EFC.

Yeah... well... at least we don't jeer our own players like Geelong did today with Hawkins.

Takes a special kind of scum to do that. :thumbsdown:

Whoa there!!...IIRC you lot were booing one of your own only a couple of years ago. So I guess it does take a special kind of scum:rolleyes:....Essendon leading the way again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back