It's war: Essendon vs AFL. [Multiple reports of punishment - ASADA infractions still possible]

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon will play 2013 finals and do nothing. To be kicked out would have been a fair outcome for the club without major impact on any season's results.

But Hird is prepared to throw Essendon under the bus in order to avoid a 12 month band and save his reputation. I think there is now a real risk of Hird being banned for life and Essendon going out of existence.[/quote]

Fortunately for the Club, the EFC are considered a sacred cow of the AFL, so this wont happen.

Hird on the other hand has practically lost any currency he may have had, and is now on borrowed time. Gonski.

Is Paul little and our Lawyers deluded to?

Little appears to be but he is apparently prepared to negotiate with the AFL, or so I'm lead to believe, which tells me he is not a complete fool.

As for your Lawyers, well, if it's called for they're paid to be deluded. They also live by the motto : whatever it takes. They play for cash not premierships.

Watching that Hird thing live...he is deluded. Totally.

And the poor guy who went before him, who's a beastly businessman and yet somehow so utterly out of his depth that he can barely string a sentence together.

Is Paul little and our Lawyers deluded to?

hahahaha.
you still fighting?
what you going to do when The Golden Child turns on the club and sues the club?

What really effs me off is Hird (and Watson) have been whingeing for months asking for it all to be in the open - and so now the AFL puts it in the open they whinge and say they were 'ambushed'.

A Crt is not going to like kindly on the antics perpetuated by your club. I would not be feeling cocky about a Crt helping you out.

...This is actually pretty telling, given that they would know how the players at Essendon feel.

Agree
They are a huge part of the puzzle

Once the AFLPA moved over to the AFL, ASADA side - to me that was game over for the EFC.

For now the EFC have to claim the AFL, ASADA and the AFLPA are in some conspiracy to take Hird down for some unknown reason. Ludicrous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahahaha.
you still fighting?
what you going to do when The Golden Child turns on the club and sues the club?

What really effs me off is Hird (and Watson) have been whingeing for months asking for it all to be in the open - and so now the AFL puts it in the open they whinge and say they were 'ambushed'.

A Crt is not going to like kindly on the antics perpetuated by your club. I would not be feeling cocky about a Crt helping you out.

Of course i'm still fighting because what's happening at the AFL is a load of ****.

Oh yeah he's gonna sue the club right o_O. Why don't the AFL have an independent Panel hey? What's wrong for them to ask that?

Of course i'm still fighting because what's happening at the AFL is a load of ****.

Oh yeah he's gonna sue the club right o_O. Why don't the AFL have an independent Panel hey? What's wrong for them to ask that?

Ok. It's like you doing something wrong at work that should get you fired. And then you ask for a independent panel to judge this fact. But of course you get to have a say on who is on that panel. You need to realise that Essendon are beholden to the AFL and their laws and have signed contracts to that effect.

Ok. It's like you doing something wrong at work that should get you fired. And then you ask for a independent panel to judge this fact. But of course you get to have a say on who is on that panel. You need to realise that Essendon are beholden to the AFL and their laws and have signed contracts to that effect.

I think this issue is much bigger than me getting into trouble at work is that fair to say? For something that could directly lead to a club being dismantled. If it's true what Essendon are claiming that the AFL have conflicted interests then what's the worst that could happen by having an independent panel? A fair trial?

I think this issue is much bigger than me getting into trouble at work is that fair to say? For something that could directly lead to a club being dismantled. If it's true what Essendon are claiming that the AFL have conflicted interests then what's the worst that could happen by having an independent panel? A fair trial?

Be that as it may Essendon signed up to this regime. They can't go around demanding changes to its process. ******* sucks but that's how it is.

So when Paul Little says that a significant percentage of the AFL public have lost faith in the chairman's conduct in this saga, I suppose he means the REDACTED percentage?

I'll bet at least 99% of the AFL public want Essendon to actually, finally, and unequivocally take responsibility for 2012 and by extension derailing the 2013 season with their bollocks.

The AFL's primary role is to protect the game and the Dons want an independent panel that does not have that responsibility as it raises the likelihood of a light penalty.

Essendon need to be whacked hard here for the sake of the game - its integrity and image. That is why the Dons want an independent panel.

port Adelaide will side with us wanting to protect monfries
and richmond will want to protect Lonergan

My club will never side with you cheats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back