Stephen Dank has 11 days to hand over papers about supplement program to former Sharks players

Remove this Banner Ad

If you can't see the difference between the true "foamers" (those that want to see Essendon burn) and those of us just interested in finding out the truth then I can't help you. From my perspective, it's very easy to see the difference between the "cultists" and those just doing what every supporter would do in support of their club in these dire circumstances (but they do so with reservation and generally with dignity).

gift that keeps on giving

gift that keeps on giving
I think Jenny goes overboard a little on a few lines at times. But, I suspect too, she'd be one of the few that would 'man up' if there were no infractions etc, would admit where she was wrong, and not avoid it like some.

There are a few areas where I don't see eye to eye with her. But I don't think she is here t troll Essendon or supporters (though, like many here, me inc, there are times she snaps.)

You & your cohorts - it seems more than a few have disappeared of late...I just cannot work out why....

NOT

1/ some people remain on here
2/ saying the same things theyve been saying for 12 months
3/ if people look at some of the events of the past couple of weeks
4/ it has never been clearer that the Essendon players can sleep easily now
5/ in every direction, the mood has change significantly
6/ Caro following instructions to a tee
7/ government on board
8/ ASADA sidelined

1/ some people remain on here
2/ saying the same things theyve been saying for 12 months
3/ if people look at some of the events of the past couple of weeks
4/ it has never been clearer that the Essendon players can sleep easily now
5/ in every direction, the mood has change significantly
6/ Caro following instructions to a tee
7/ government on board
8/ ASADA sidelined

Staff on the other hand

1/ the things Im referring to have happened in the last couple of weeks
2/ it makes it all pretty clear where this is heading
3/ but the people who have been saying the same stuff for 12 months have received no new info since February (2013 that is)

Yes as you are so in the know. How many interviews with players and Officials have they had again but not one new thing.

1/You
2/Have
3/No
4/Idea

Last edited:
Pretty definitive. But I guess now he's just outright lying to appease the Essendon supporters, yeah?

He's bullshitted you a fair few times before.

Remember when he was going to smash the AFL in court?

Pretty definitive. But I guess now he's just outright lying to appease the Essendon supporters, yeah?

He's bullshitted you a fair few times before.

Remember when he was going to smash the AFL in court?

Apparently their is some sort of battle between those that want to see Essendon burn and those that don't. Guilt or innocence no longer matter; just as long as the end result is one way or the other. No matter how (including any underhand manner) those results are reached.

I also find it quite touching many Essendon supporters seem to be geeing themselves up for a bout of triumphalism if no infractions are handed down.

It kind of overlooks the fact that they lost their CEO, president, coach and a finals series over all this. And millions of dollars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also find it quite touching many Essendon supporters seem to be geeing themselves up for a bout of triumphalism if no infractions are handed down.

It kind of overlooks the fact that they lost their CEO, president, coach and a finals series over all this. And millions of dollars.

I find it interesting that they so definite in their statements. Yet when reminded that they can't know this 100% for sure, they cry troll troll. Whilst in the next breath jumping up and down at posters who claim Essendon are not in the clear; saying you can't know for sure.

This the thing. I have a foot in both camps. I want to see Essendon burn. I hate the pricks.

And really, what they copped last year was like manna from heaven for me. In fact, just thinking now about how they ... haha ... got turfed out of the finals just when they had their little hearts all aflutter after being top 4 most of the year. Just so good. So so so good.

And that Hird copped it too. Oh magnificent. Calooh callay. Having copped shit about Carey for a decade from them, to see their golden boy dragged through the mud, truly awesome. Again, it brings great joy to me. I have long prayed to dark gods in my little "Norf" cave for a great calamity to befall the sinners in their great and rich gaudy city and LO! last year my prayers were answered a thousandfold.

But as for where we are now, if they don't cop any infractions it won't be any skin off my nose. What I'm interested in now is the whole bigger picture. The way the Hun and News have used the "scandal" as leverage in a very different fight about TV rights. The way we've seen the Commission truly tested in a way it hasn't been for decades. That kind of thing.

I'm fascinated to see what happens with the mystery Mexican drug. And my gut feeling is that the players will escape infractions on AOD and Thymosin. And that Essendon won't cop any further league sanctions. But Hird and Dank and Robinson will be banned for life.

Hird taking on Demetriou was suicidal. But hugely entertaining for the likes of me.

In fact, the whole thing has been like one of those futuristic TV scenarios where criminals are hunted for sport for the amusement of those at home.

I find it interesting that they so definite in their statements. Yet when reminded that they can't know this 100% for sure, they cry troll troll. Whilst in the next breath jumping up and down at posters who claim Essendon are not in the clear; saying you can't know for sure.

Long term stress is cracking a few of them... cracks that get plastered over with denial and trolling. There are some Essendon posters here who appear to be purely taking the piss in their posting style, just glib circular quips that dont really add to anything at all.

I guess where there are fish, people will always be tempted to come and throw a line in... for whatever macabre self satisfaction can be gained, while the going is still good. In a few months Essendon posters will be looking for any available rock to hide under.

I can't see how they can't given they haven't been charged under the anti doping code yet. What I've said here is that the afl will try and pull the "but we've already hit them hard" thing, which is what Lance has said all along. I don't disagree with this but feel logically they would have to (punish further).

On what basis.

Logically the club would have been punished after the ASADA investigation.

If you can't see the difference between the true "foamers" (those that want to see Essendon burn) and those of us just interested in finding out the truth then I can't help you. From my perspective, it's very easy to see the difference between the "cultists" and those just doing what every supporter would do in support of their club in these dire circumstances (but they do so with reservation and generally with dignity).

I classify you as a true foamer. You come onto the Essendon ASADA thread when the HTB went through a quiet period. You can't get enough !

This the thing. I have a foot in both camps. I want to see Essendon burn. I hate the pricks.

And really, what they copped last year was like manna from heaven for me. In fact, just thinking now about how they ... haha ... got turfed out of the finals just when they had their little hearts all aflutter after being top 4 most of the year. Just so good. So so so good.

And that Hird copped it too. Oh magnificent. Calooh callay. Having copped shit about Carey for a decade from them, to see their golden boy dragged through the mud, truly awesome. Again, it brings great joy to me. I have long prayed to dark gods in my little "Norf" cave for a great calamity to befall the sinners in their great and rich gaudy city and LO! last year my prayers were answered a thousandfold.

But as for where we are now, if they don't cop any infractions it won't be any skin off my nose. What I'm interested in now is the whole bigger picture. The way the Hun and News have used the "scandal" as leverage in a very different fight about TV rights. The way we've seen the Commission truly tested in a way it hasn't been for decades. That kind of thing.

I'm fascinated to see what happens with the mystery Mexican drug. And my gut feeling is that the players will escape infractions on AOD and Thymosin. And that Essendon won't cop any further league sanctions. But Hird and Dank and Robinson will be banned for life.

Hird taking on Demetriou was suicidal. But hugely entertaining for the likes of me.

In fact, the whole thing has been like one of those futuristic TV scenarios where criminals are hunted for sport for the amusement of those at home.

yeap, schadenfreude is farkin underrateds

he-did-it-for-the-lulz-meme-generator-ich-tat-es-fur-die-schadenfreude-lulz-3c6421.jpg

Toorak nouveau riche celebrity box mud wrestling Lib gov't approves cage fighting underrated

Toorak nouveau riche celebrity box mud wrestling Lib gov't approves cage fighting underrated

Wannabe power fighting real power.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back