For which bands could you belt out at every lyric at a concert?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oasis
Beatles
Rolling Stones
Van Morrison
Macy Gray
Elton John

once upon a time it was Against Me!
up until Searching For a Former Clarity - Anything from New Wave and after I wouldn't know a bar of it

I'm not actually super great at picking up lyrics by listening to a song - It's a trait I'm not stoked about :(

once upon a time it was Against Me!
up until Searching For a Former Clarity - Anything from New Wave and after I wouldn't know a bar of it

I'm not actually super great at picking up lyrics by listening to a song - It's a trait I'm not stoked about :(
Everything after the first album left me cold. But that first one is sing along after sing along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't rate ...As The Eternal Cowboy ?

I can't split that or Re-Inventing Axl Rose, but yeah after that it slides away fairly quickly..

Did you see any of their early Australian shows?
Well....I guess I rate '...As The Eternal Cowboy', but apart from a couple of songs it just doesn't effect me like the first does. Especially when those songs on the first are done acoustically. Seriously good.

Never actually seen them live. Few friends have and we're impressed.

Did you?

Yeah the acoustic EP pre-Axl Rose is gold

I was pretty lucky to see them play a couple of times on their first tour in 2004 - At The Annandale in Sydney, Arthouse in Melbourne and was super lucky to be the opening band for their gig at Enigma in Adelaide - Our sax player even got to play 'Disco Before The Breakdown' on stage with them at that gig :thumbsu:

Yeah the acoustic EP pre-Axl Rose is gold

I was pretty lucky to see them play a couple of times on their first tour in 2004 - At The Annandale in Sydney, Arthouse in Melbourne and was super lucky to be the opening band for their gig at Enigma in Adelaide - Our sax player even got to play 'Disco Before The Breakdown' on stage with them at that gig :thumbsu:
That is the EP I meant, amazing.

Would have been been amazing seeing them then. Clearly inspired a lot of local folk punk in Melbourne at least.

To be honest I enjoy their early stuff so much I haven't even listened to the last two albums. So I cant really give an opinion on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back