Toast Hutchings

Remove this Banner Ad

would it be fair to assume that Hutchings is in the box seat to take over Kerrs in-and-under role for 2014? I cant really think of someone who is more adept at filling that void right now.

would it be fair to assume that Hutchings is in the box seat to take over Kerrs in-and-under role for 2014? I cant really think of someone who is more adept at filling that void right now.

I don't really think it's that simple. Simpson will likely want some things different to Woosha (otherwise why did we get him?). But Hutch hasn't done any harm to his senior asperations.

I dont know if anyone is a certainty for Rouund 1, but i do hope The Hutch gets plenty of chances to impress this year, and i hope he grabs the opportunity with both hands if and when he does..

There are plenty of certainties for round 1. You don't think Dean Cox, Glass, McKenzie, Hurn (the list is probably 15 long) aren't certainties to play in round 1?

There are plenty of certainties for round 1. You don't think Dean Cox, Glass, McKenzie, Hurn (the list is probably 15 long) aren't certainties to play in round 1?

I was referring to the fact that anything can happen before then and we have a new coach, so I'm preferring to wait to see if they go with the same favourites from last year, and if they all remain fit etc.

I was referring to the fact that anything can happen before then and we have a new coach, so I'm preferring to wait to see if they go with the same favourites from last year, and if they all remain fit etc.

Yes, the fact is we have a new coach. It's also a certainty that we have some certainties for round 1.

Yes, the fact is we have a new coach. It's also a certainty that we have some certainties for round 1.

I can imagine us resting 1 or 2 'certainties' in round 1 given the current form of the Bulldogs and the form of some of our depth.

I don't want him and Priddis in the same team together. That's a horrible mix. We need to move Priddis on if we're ever going to challenge for a flag. At the same time, I don't see Hutchings as an A-grader, or a guy who is going to lift us to any great heights (much the same as Priddis). I think he gets overrated on this board and I worry about how he'll go against genuine A-grade inside mids when it's important. I'm not completely writing him off, and if he develops into something more than he currently is, I'd be happy, but his scope for improvement is diminishing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want him and Priddis in the same team together. That's a horrible mix. We need to move Priddis on if we're ever going to challenge for a flag. At the same time, I don't see Hutchings as an A-grader, or a guy who is going to lift us to any great heights (much the same as Priddis). I think he gets overrated on this board and I worry about how he'll go against genuine A-grade inside mids when it's important. I'm not completely writing him off, and if he develops into something more than he currently is, I'd be happy, but his scope for improvement is diminishing.

He's definitely got more upside than Priddis imo, but he is a role player, like Sewell where he does a lot of hard stuff but when he's outside can still hit targets. He can help the team get better but he's not the icing on the cake. He is more the type of player that makes up the substance of the cake, if you get the analogy.

the fact that this guys is one of our best performing mids at the moment is a MASSIVE concern.

this season is first time our club's history that we don't even have one A grade midfielder. this is a dark era we're in the midst of right now.

the fact that this guys is one of our best performing mids at the moment is a MASSIVE concern.

this season is first time our club's history that we don't even have one A grade midfielder. this is a dark era we're in the midst of right now.

Likewise Priddis.

Agreed.

But it's the coaches fault right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back