Never Tear Us Apart...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in 1986/87, they used to play the chorus to this awful song after every goal the Swans scored at the SCG

Pretty f**kin annoying when they booted 30+ goals

----art-narr-capper_20130510202120640742-300x0.jpg

LR-swans729-20131211162358258647-620x349.jpg

That would have been awesome if the girls had their bums miked up and let rip huge farts with this manoeuvre.

I don't think any Crows fans are disputing that this is better than your current design.

The question is... is ANY Power fan going to acknowledge that this NTUA thing is an EXACT rip off of the Newcastle Jets?

I don't think it counts if there's barely anyone at the game. It's the A league they've tried everything to make themselves seem relevant. :)
But yes I have heard that the Jets did that. But it's a soccer club at an extremely low level so it's obviously not as famous as Liverpools pre game routine.

Port have adopted this as their own, the club, fans and players love it. What's the harm in adding something like this? Who knows in 5 years time this NTUA could be a regular thing and no one will care. It's good at the moment so let's keep doing it.

I don't think any Crows fans are disputing that this is better than your current design.

The question is... is ANY Power fan going to acknowledge that this NTUA thing is an EXACT rip off of the Newcastle Jets?
Geez, you'd think that there is only one club in the world that has a song?
Ie
"From the Halls of Montezuma, To the shores of Tripoli"

Or other parts of their club
Ie
State Guernsey
19th Man

Not saying to criticise, but to explain the hypocrisy of a lot of the posters on here. There's a lot of copying in this competition.

The OP actually asked whether other clubs do or would do something similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely cringe worthy. Lol at claiming its "fan driven" when the club produced 50,000 scarves to hold up.
Fans started it and started the holding up of the scarves, fans also put pressure on the club to make a scarf that everyone could hold up during the song. Club ended up making one in middle to late part of the year. Clearly was driven by the fans.

In the end port and its fans love it, and ain't gunna stop it because some Internet trolls say it is cringe worthy.

Absolutely cringe worthy. Lol at claiming its "fan driven" when the club produced 50,000 scarves to hold up.
The scarves were produced only after this was already established and Port fans demanded them you pillock.

There are threads on this very website saying "hey, they should make a NTUA scarf"

Do some research for **** sake.

So Port Adelaide DONT need to pay royalties on a song they are clearly using to get members excited/sign up new members?

Well, time to get "We Will Rock You" going as a Lions chant in 2015. Will hand out rocks painted in our colours for our Members to throw at the opposition fans.

If really is mortifying. If the Hawks ever adopted a similar pre-game ritual, i'd stop following them immediately. Ultimate cringe everytime it's played.

So Port Adelaide DONT need to pay royalties on a song they are clearly using to get members excited/sign up new members?

Well, time to get "We Will Rock You" going as a Lions chant in 2015. Will hand out rocks painted in our colours for our Members to throw at the opposition fans.
It is about making the match day experience more enjoyable for the supporters. It isn't just a song used to get new members. Though the fact that we are shows that the match day staff (and Kochie) are doing their jobs. To answer your question though no we are not paying royalties to INXS.

It is about making the match day experience more enjoyable for the supporters. It isn't just a song used to get new members. Though the fact that we are shows that the match day staff (and Kochie) are doing their jobs. To answer your question though no we are not paying royalties to INXS.

Id be curious to see then if their record company comes knocking.

It's funny how they try to make the swans look tough even though their mascot is an effeminate bird.

I think you'll find that's a male swan.

So therefore the Sydney logo is an effeminate bird who is actually a man. Sort of fits the Harbour City doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back