Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing in Tazza's favor is that we actually now have a very even spread of talent amongst our talls. And apart from Nielsen and Durdin, we don't have any others in development or VFL depth types. All of Petrie, Waite, Brown, Black, Wood, Daw, Tazza, Hansen, Thompson, Grima, and Tippett should be playing senior footy in 2015. The problem Tarrant faces is that Brad has his preferred selections, which makes it bloody hard to break into the team, but on the other hand, when someone does earn their spot, they are usually given plenty of opportunity. Realistically, the make-up of our KPPs is going to be a bit of a raffle in 2015 so don't want to count Tazza out before a ball is bounced, but will be surprised if plays his 50th this year. Happy to be proven wrong on this count though.

Tarrant has been a beneficiary of this in the past remember. It's not like he has lacked for opportunity despite average/poor form, I still remember him bizarrely getting picked against the Crows last year of an unimpressive half in the VFL and played accordingly (awfully).

For mine we have enough talent now to mean Taz is back up only. But he is one of Brad's favourites so who knows? Even though I don't rate him, I wish him the best if he can get his body right and start delivering.

He'd walk into a number of teams if fully fit. Has ability, needs confidence. Lachy and Taz patrolling down back could be monstrous. I have faith, play him where he feels comfortable.

I agree, I also think Brad loves his work rate. Also realise he's had about seven wasted seasons, but as of now he's up and running and that can only be a positive.

He's my tip for 2015 surprise packet.

Tarrant has been a beneficiary of this in the past remember. It's not like he has lacked for opportunity despite average/poor form, I still remember him bizarrely getting picked against the Crows last year of an unimpressive half in the VFL and played accordingly (awfully).

For mine we have enough talent now to mean Taz is back up only. But he is one of Brad's favourites so who knows? Even though I don't rate him, I wish him the best if he can get his body right and start delivering.
Could see that when he was rushed in too early for the Crows game, which ended up a disaster for both him and the team. But I wouldn't see him as in the starting bracket any more, hence the suggestion to resurrect his career in defense. I guess he would be in a battle with Grima and Tippett for that round 1 KPD post.

Could see that when he was rushed in too early for the Crows game, which ended up a disaster for both him and the team. But I wouldn't see him as in the starting bracket any more, hence the suggestion to resurrect his career in defense. I guess he would be in a battle with Grima and Tippett for that round 1 KPD post.

Yep, the Crows game was a diabolical decision, but to be honest I think we were outplayed anyway so made little difference.

In terms of bold yeah the club says about KPD in 2015 onwards. That gives me nightmares knowing his poor body work and suspect ability to read the flight, and may be more just an indication of the reality he won't play as a fwd due to having better options, but if it works then i'll be happy to stand corrected.

309474-tlsnewsportrait.jpg
Looks like they fixed his tibia by removing his leg.

Tarrant had season-ending surgery in June to repair a stress fracture in his tibia that restricted him to just one VFL game and one AFL match last year.

309474-tlsnewsportrait.jpg
Looks like they fixed his tibia by removing his leg.

Tarrant had season-ending surgery in June to repair a stress fracture in his tibia that restricted him to just one VFL game and one AFL match last year.
Its just a flesh wound.

View attachment 103043

Is that Spitta in a pink 'don't touch because I'm carrying an injury' jersey in the background?

That's called Drunk Tank Pink.

jail-angry-drunk.jpg

baker-miller-pink-420.gif

Dr. Alexander Schauss, Ph.D., director of the American Institute for Biosocial Research in Tacoma Washington, was the first to report the suppression of angry, antagonistic, and anxiety ridden behavior among prisoners: "Even if a person tries to be angry or aggressive in the presence of pink, he can't. The heart muscles can’t race fast enough. It’s a tranquilizing color that saps your energy. Even the color-blind are tranquilized by pink rooms." (1) In spite of these powerful effects, there is substantial evidence that these reactions are short term. Once the body returns to a state of equilibrium, a prisoner may regress to an even more agitated state.

Compared to who, Wayne Carey?

Don't use terms like 'fact' cause it aint a fact just ya silly ****en opinion.

Been proven quite a few times already that he isn't up to AFL level as a KP player. Whether predominantly due to injuries or lack of talent. So yeah, it is fact.

Your overrating of Tarrant is what is silly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been proven quite a few times already that he isn't up to AFL level as a KP player. Whether predominantly due to injuries or lack of talent. So yeah, it is fact.

He has shown to be an AFL standard KPF. No star but a useful option in a functional forward line.

Disagree. He has shown more often than not that he struggles at the level.
I would suggest that the fact that he is still on the list despite 39 games in 7 years is a clear indication that those in the know clearly disagree with you.

I would also suggest that 9 games of 3+ goals in 32 games as a key forward who leads up hard to the wings is also evidence that you are incorrect. But folk see what they choose to see.

I would suggest that the fact that he is still on the list despite 39 games in 7 years is a clear indication that those in the know clearly disagree with you.

I would also suggest that 9 games of 3+ goals in 32 games as a key forward who leads up hard to the wings is also evidence that you are incorrect. But folk see what they choose to see.

I am aware of the stats. He has been lucky to have the support of Petrie and he has kicked plenty of joe the goose goals and ones in last quarters and so on.

He has stayed on the list because we have lacked for KP options to support Petrie in recent times. Daw is also still on the list and i'd also say he is in a similar bracket in terms of too good for VFL, not quite quality at AFL.

Liam Anthony is a player that had good stats too, so I guess we made a massive mistake moving him on (by those "in the know") if stats are all that count.

I am aware of the stats. He has been lucky to have the support of Petrie and he has kicked plenty of joe the goose goals and ones in last quarters and so on.

He has stayed on the list because we have lacked for KP options to support Petrie in recent times. Daw is also still on the list and i'd also say he is in a similar bracket in terms of too good for VFL, not quite quality at AFL.

Liam Anthony is a player that had good stats too, so I guess we made a massive mistake moving him on (by those "in the know") if stats are all that count.
Well, goals are a pretty key stat for key forwards so they are somewhat relevant to a discussion about the effectiveness of a key forward at AFL level. When it is also considered that a significant function for Tarrant during his games was to create space for Dish to work with it indicates that he as also relatively effective when the opportunities came his way. As I said, he is no star, but he is an effective AFL standard forward and would, when fit (whenever that may be) be a good option up forward for us as well as at a number of other clubs.

Yeah, I don't think so. You could also make a similar case for Jacobs, but for mine he also is not an effective and consistent AFL player (yet)

I would already have Ben Brown ahead of Tarrant on what they've shown at AFL level, and considering the former has played less than ten games.

Taz would certainly get a game at some other clubs, that in itself doesn't mean he is AFL standard in terms of players you want in a successful team

In 2012/2013 he managed 29 games out of 44. During that period his returns tell me he can play and as I've figures on my side I call it a fact.

Early days I referred to him as a statue, he was terrible.

Really has had no continuity in his game. I'd love for him to make it and get his body right. Have no doubt that he's best 22 if fully fit. The Richmond game was the closer for me...he was a monster. If his accuracy didn't wane at the end of 2013 we'd all be sold.

In 2012/2013 he managed 29 games out of 44. During that period his returns tell me he can play and as I've figures on my side I call it a fact.

Early days I referred to him as a statue, he was terrible.

Getting a game doesn't mean quality AFL players. For the same reason Jacobs has played how many games for us? I'm not sure, probably ten or so, but it's too many whatever it is. That alone doesn't mean he or Taz are AFL quality, rather just filling gaps in injury riddled, suspensions or average AFL teams.

I actually really like how Taz goes about it as he works hard, and is ultra fit - given himself the best possible chance to make it unlike some others and wish him the best. I just don't think he is as good or talented as people seem to suggest.

Last edited:
If his accuracy didn't wane at the end of 2013 we'd all be sold.

No we wouldn't. I'd still say he is no good :p

In all seriousness, we all rate players differently on expectations, output etc. I think Brown is a real prospect, most don't have him best 22. That's fair enough.

Last edited:
I think the coaches have way more confidence in Taz than his supporters and that's understandable as we don't get to see all the internal only the external.

In saying this, as a supporter i am very nervous in him taking a forward in the back line and being able to keep up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back