Essendon players could boycott NAB Challenge games if AFL doesn't backdate anti-doping bans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was close to my thought. Unless you have a good understanding of what you are doing, even using a very basic product like Access to produce a database isn't very easy to do. probably impossible for somebody with no IT training. I would expect that Excel or similar was used.

Even deleted files can be recovered in part or in full unless intentionally overwritten. Files can be recovered from the recycle bin or even from unallocated space by searching on file headers and footers (file signatures. Fragments can be recovered by doing text searches on unallocated space and Excel files have signatures for different sheets, so they can be detected as well.

Unless the files themselves are physically overwritten, it is fairly common to recover fragments at the very least.

Windows also keeps shadow files from restore points and earlier copies of files can be recovered from those artefacts and they are also not easily visible to the average user.

Then there are backups that contain earlier copies of files.

I'd love to know what was found on the various computers and backups. Considering the time it can take to do a thorough analysis, some of this material may not have been available when the interim report was finished.

I was reading a letter from the afl to Asada this morning...one of the attachments from the court case and Minter Ellison set up a virtual data room for remote access to all parties containing all the information discovered by the afl in the investigation. Seemed to be a hosted service by Ansarada.

Would be some juicy reading in there.

http://www.ansarada.com

I was reading a letter from the afl to Asada this morning...one of the attachments from the court case and Minter Ellison set up a virtual data room for remote access to all parties containing all the information discovered by the afl in the investigation. Seemed to be a hosted service by Ansarada.

Thats if they kept them

Don't forget too, if Dank even came along with a spreadsheet, and the 'last modified' was in 2012, doesn't mean it was in 2012.

Easily able to modified the 'Last modified' date etc

That must have been one heck of an important International Rules game for Jobe and Fletch
The decision by Jobe Watson and Dustin Fletcher to represent Australia in last year's International Rules will impact on any suspension they may receive as part of the Essendon supplements scandal.

Watson and Fletcher, understood to be part of the 34 past and current Bombers to be issued with show-cause notices, of whom 17 are still at the club, opted to have their provisional suspensions lifted in order to play in the one-off Test against Ireland in Perth.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ll-impact-on-bombers-duo-20150214-13eqwi.html

Also interesting reading what Paul Marsh says later on about it being a week difference would suggest that the provisional suspensions will go back to when the IN's were issued, not September as has been widely reported

That must have been one heck of an important International Rules game for Jobe and Fletch

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ll-impact-on-bombers-duo-20150214-13eqwi.html

Also interesting reading what Paul Marsh says later on about it being a week difference would suggest that the provisional suspensions will go back to when the IN's were issued, not September as has been widely reported
However, this could conceivably mean that Watson and Fletcher would have to sit out an extra week of the home-and-away season should any suspension be backdated until the end of last season.

Thought it would be more than a 1 week penalty for playing

However, this could conceivably mean that Watson and Fletcher would have to sit out an extra week of the home-and-away season should any suspension be backdated until the end of last season.

Thought it would be more than a 1 week penalty for playing
1 week after the rest of the team.
The team got their IN's in November and Jobe and Fletch chose to play in the IR series meaning that instead of the bans being back dated to September they are looking at being back dated to November

If it wasn't already it's now officially a complete farce.

As I understand it 26 players remain on the Essendon list from 2012 and of those 18 are currently involved in the AFL tribunal hearing as we speak.

I have no inside knowledge of who those 18 are but would it be likely that the majority of the 8 not involved in the investigation were first year or rookie listed players in 2012?

I might be completely wrong but it's just a hunch.

Now there seems to be two major reasons why the 26 players don't want to be involved in the NAB challenge.

Firstly there seems to be a school of thought that if they receive a back dated sentence games played during the preseason competition would essentially maximise the amount of home and away games that could be missed with any sentence.

This is odd for a couple of reasons most notably how in the hell is a back dated sentence ever appropriate?

This is like committing a murder in 1995, being charged with it in 2015 and then because you only get a sentence of 18 years you don't have to serve anytime because the judge had back dated it to 1995.

How is back dating a sentence ever a punishment?

Secondly while having the 8 players joining the other 18 in boycotting the NAB challenge keeps us all guessing to who is exactly involved given that most just assume that they were all injected anyway (and will treat them as such) it seems like this move will only end up condemning the entire 26.

Personally I would have thought it was better that the 18 just got it out in the open once and for all with the other 8 able to breathe a little easier knowing they're seen as being in the clean in the public eye.

I think most accept that the players were innocent pawns in this whole affair but any sympathy will be quickly eroded if these games keep being played and the integrity of the competition is compromised.

This action is just hurting there supporters even more as they wont even recognise the team that takes to the field against the saints.

We have been having fun linking back to the final against North, but I thought it was clearly understood that provisional suspensions started when INs were issued - so that would be the starting point for backdating any suspensions later issued.

We have been having fun linking back to the final against North, but I thought it was clearly understood that provisional suspensions started when INs were issued - so that would be the starting point for backdating any suspensions later issued.
There goes my theory the bans would lift for the second half of their first match back, given they went home at half time of the semi.

This is odd for a couple of reasons most notably how in the hell is a back dated sentence ever appropriate?
Its part of the WADA code
I think most accept that the players were innocent pawns in this whole affair but any sympathy will be quickly eroded if these games keep being played and the integrity of the competition is compromised
Not around here. Many are calling them drug cheats, claiming they knew everything. I dont blame them for wanting to remain anonymous until proven guilty or innocent

Reading what Marsh is saying here it would seem that that is indeed when they look like they are going to apply the back dating mid November when they got the IN's not mid September when they played last game otherwise he would be saying Fletch and Jobe will be two months behind their team mates not a week

Sounds like some talk that was going on here. They are already looking at the deals and suspensions etc, however who knows what is actually going on

Seems like they were confident then after the tribunal, not so confident

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys,

I'm currently a couple of weeks into my first trimester of studying journalism at university. One of my tasks for next week is to have submitted three FOI (Freedom of Information) requests. As I have already thought of two, I need one more and am I'm thinking of contacting ASADA. I really haven't been paying that much attention to the whole progress of the Essendon drug-saga for quite some time now as I am just sick of it all. Does anyone have any possible questions I could ask about ASADA about any conversations that were had between parties associated with the saga? Any help would be appreciated.

Hang on, Ings is tweeting that any suspension would date from last match played, so playing IR would make a month's difference.

He also says it's disappointing the AFLPA ( Marsh) has outed two players as having INs in this comment about the IR game. Fair point, amid all the bleating about privacy - their own advocate drops names to media. Clumsy.

I'll say. Anybody got a password? :p

Its part of the WADA code

Not around here. Many are calling them drug cheats, claiming they knew everything. I dont blame them for wanting to remain anonymous until proven guilty or innocent
I'm sure they want to remain anonymous - but I don't get why the AFL would help them out on this front. Fletcher and Jobe have been named in the media. Robbo named a whole bunch. Crameri, Monfries, Ryder have been named. The guys in the WAFL named.

But the AFL is willing to set up a vfl player loan system so that the extra 8 can boycott for anonymity's sake.

I don't get it and sounds dodgy and scammy and that it shouldn't happen. Yet, here we are.

Reading what Marsh is saying here it would seem that that is indeed when they look like they are going to apply the back dating mid November when they got the IN's not mid September when they played last game otherwise he would be saying Fletch and Jobe will be two months behind their team mates not a week
Provisional suspensions start when in's are issued, not when the player chooses or last competed. They should be thankful they weren't issued during the season, as they were originally but delayed by court case or they would have missed matches. there is no reason to start from their last game.

Hang on, Ings is tweeting that any suspension would date from last match played, so playing IR would make a month's difference.

He also says it's disappointing the AFLPA ( Marsh) has outed two players as having INs in this comment about the IR game. Fair point, amid all the bleating about privacy - their own advocate drops names to media. Clumsy.
Does he have anything to say about non efc players being leaked or just efc. That doesn't sound right, why should the suspensions be dated from their last match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back