Review Fremantle vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Your midfield is honestly exceptional. Not just the sheer power of Fyfe, but how they all complement each other. With the best ruck duo in the competition and excellent team defence, going to take an awesome side to beat you. Taberner wasn't great today but I think he is coming along very nicely, great size. Good luck for the rest of the year guys, assuming we don't pull a miracle run into finals I'll be behind your boys.

Bit worried about Pav, never seen anyone concussed with a knock to the jaw. Hope we aren't looking at a little break. Hopefully it's nothing, and he was just feeling a little weary......
Pav was concussed by another innocuous knock to the jaw in Darwin. We just have to face the fact that our Captain has a glass jaw and if you hit him in the sweet spot, he's going down. Lucky he's not a boxer.

Great win today on a glorious Melbourne day.just a whinge about this thread being an autopsy , we are not dead we are well and truly alive perhaps the title could be review or analysis autopsy sounds so morbid.
Rant over.

Oh, so you were serious then?

:drunk:

Ok, duly edited. Didn't actually realise there was a "review" prefix tbf.

He's not getting as involved in general play as much as last year. I think he's playing a lot deeper. His contested marking will improve with time as will his leading patterns. Eventually as well a lot more of our attacking play will come though him as well, there is definitely room for improvement. He's also 21 and has played 17 games.
Was this a wrong quote? We were talking about DP

Liked:
- Suban and Pearce (C and D) , who woulda thought?
- Midfield showed their class, Love Fyfes overhead marking
- Mayne got 4 goals! Really well done. Good running. Tabs running really well too
- Walters, Pav and Ballas only combining for 22 disposals and 2 behinds....we still kicked over 100 points :)
- Still could have been further in-front if we cleaned up our skills
- probably more...

Disliked:
- Walters ducking finally got him in trouble
- Pav got KO'ed and nothing seemed to happen (was there any push and shoving or free kick?)
- Still could be better with our entries into 50
- Bad short kicks from fwd50 that are mis-kicked or cut-off.....Go long or take the shot if its too risky!

Hope there is no MRP bans.....Tabs will prob get $1000 for that little push and shove maybe.

we are building... and Fyfe is...well.. you know what that's all about.

Impressing me mega are
1) S Hill (cut through and use from the packs around the 50)
2) D Mundy (hammering nails with class around that engine room)
3) C Mayne (career best for pressure and marking at the pointy end - and he holds a high standard!) and L Neale (classy nugget)/ Z Clarke (can mark and move on the wing)

so many others.... hard to single out but there you go, i just did - guess it wasn't that hard!

I thought he was brilliant today.
He did some really nice things off the ball, including laying a very clever block for Mayne (who subsequently kicked a goal as a result). However, he's getting caught out of position on the odd occasion when the ball is coming in. That being said, he's as green as the beer on St Patricks day so he gets a pass for now.

Bit worried about Pav, never seen anyone concussed with a knock to the jaw. Hope we aren't looking at a little break. Hopefully it's nothing, and he was just feeling a little weary......
Really? Most boxers, MMA guys if they get caught flush on the chin go down. People can get very wobbly from a knock to the jaw. Just ask Cameron Ling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we are building... and Fyfe is...well.. you know what that's all about.

Impressing me mega are
1) S Hill (cut through and use from the packs around the 50)
2) D Mundy (hammering nails with class around that engine room)
3) C Mayne (career best for pressure and marking at the pointy end - and he holds a high standard!) and L Neale (classy nugget)/ Z Clarke (can mark and move on the wing)

so many others.... hard to single out but there you go, i just did - guess it wasn't that hard!
Not sure if anyone is good on the gifs but I personally loved the first centre bounce in which Fyfe bamboozled the pack, handed off then bumped out the chasing Dees player. Set the tone.

Still lots to work on but it was good to hear RTB saying they were implementing a few different set ups today. Loved our ability to close it out strongly. Take the points and head home :)

He did some really nice things off the ball, including laying a very clever block for Mayne (who subsequently kicked a goal as a result). However, he's getting caught out of position on the odd occasion when the ball is coming in. That being said, he's as green as the beer on St Patricks day so he gets a pass for now.
We were talking about DP :)

Did you even see the incident? The little man was bending over to pick up the ball. Don't buy into the bullshit written on the AFL website.
Yep that was the way I saw it too head over the ball on his knees then copped a knee to the head from somewhere. I didn't see the replay

I seriously wrote Freo off this year. Thought they were past it. based on the finals exit last year. Please note Freo supports i'm not a RL hater loved him as our coach also happy he left. (we played such s*^t ugly footy 2011.

Well I owe you purple b@stards:) a massive apology you're smashing it. form team of the comp atm.

How is it possible in this day and age for an AFL player to have his head over the ball and get hit high and injured to the point that he is subbed out of the game with concussion, but no free kick is given and the commentators don't even mention the incident until half time?

How?

He got kneed to the head, then hipped to the head, clear as day both times, and it didn't even get a free.

Fyfe got two weeks last year, and MJ got nearly 4 weeks a few years before that, for the same damn thing.

Oh well...

Speaking to a club official after the game, mentioned that Pav and Walters could go this week at training without contact, do a test and be right to play. I give them both a 75% chance of playing.

Great work from the CS today mate. Sounded like our home game at times :) especially the freeeeeeoooo chant near the end

Managed to get to the game and my 3 year old made it all the way through.
Best thing about Melbourne home games is there is GA seating on level 2.
Fyfe was like a Tiger prowling the forward line in the last quarter.
Z Clarke really covers some ground and our ruck combo is as good as our midfield.
Would be shocked if Tabs got anything more than a fine.
Will be disappointed but not shocked if Deboar holds his spot.
A fast small forward in a good team could hurt us.... A lot.
Our Melbourne cheer squad is better and louder than for home games. Great effort.

Liked:
- Suban and Pearce (C and D) , who woulda thought?
- Midfield showed their class, Love Fyfes overhead marking
- Mayne got 4 goals! Really well done. Good running. Tabs running really well too
- Walters, Pav and Ballas only combining for 22 disposals and 2 behinds....we still kicked over 100 points :)
- Still could have been further in-front if we cleaned up our skills
- probably more...

Disliked:
- Walters ducking finally got him in trouble
- Pav got KO'ed and nothing seemed to happen (was there any push and shoving or free kick?)
- Still could be better with our entries into 50
- Bad short kicks from fwd50 that are mis-kicked or cut-off.....Go long or take the shot if its too risky!

Hope there is no MRP bans.....Tabs will prob get $1000 for that little push and shove maybe.

How the heck was Walters "ducking"????

He was chasing a ball rolling along the ground towards the boundary line, running away from the pack!! Dunn came charging in and collected Son-Son from the side - no pack was there, and there was definitely no attempt on Walters' part to charge in, take the ball and "duck" to beat a tackle (unlike Selwood or Gaff).

I do agree that

Walters, Pav and Ballas only combining for 22 disposals and 2 behinds....we still kicked over 100 points

should be the headline out of all of it...

Did you even see the incident? The little man was bending over to pick up the ball. Don't buy into the bullshit written on the AFL website.
Agree, sure he has put his head down to draw contact in the past, but this was an attack on the ball, head over it, cleaned up with no concern from the umps. Disgraceful umpiring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back