Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams speak for themselves via the ladder, but the most exciting players to watch in my opinion would be Daniel Lewis, Shane McDonald (Mooroopna) Justin Maddern (Swans) Tim Looby (Shep Utd)

Did Shane mc make interleague?

Hi Guys,

I have just moved to the GV for work and was wanting to know who the decent teams/games to watch are. I have heard a lot about Benalla and more recently going through this thread Euroa and Seymour. What other teams/players are guys to watch? Thought this thread and a footy team would be a great way to meet a few people.

Cheers
Are you a Ruckman ?
Cause Rochy is a great team to watch and get involved in at the moment, the view from the centre square would look fantastic

Unexpected win by Rochy at Ky given how devoid they are of talls! Looks like Billy Burstin dominated in Kyabram's win over Benalla.

Sorry, Rochy's win at Euroa

Very impressive by Rochy, especially with the game at Euroa. Is Jordan Foott a ruckman? Only a young bloke? He was Rochy's best player. Having Heath Aitken back is massive for the club. One of the club's greatest local players of the past few decades. Stroobants is a great recruit.

Kyabram upsetting Benalla and Mooroopna easily beating Seymour were surprises.

Very impressive by Rochy, especially with the game at Euroa. Is Jordan Foott a ruckman? Only a young bloke? He was Rochy's best player. Having Heath Aitken back is massive for the club. One of the club's greatest local players of the past few decades. Stroobants is a great recruit.

Kyabram upsetting Benalla and Mooroopna easily beating Seymour were surprises.

Foote is a makeshift ruckman at best. 6.1 who can jump! You are correct about Aitken. Abdolute gun since his debut as a 16 yo. Stroobants super impressive in the one game i watched and comes with a big reputation.

I'm tipping rochy might recall David Putamorsi to do the ruck work !!!

Didn't get Putta, but got the job done. I see Scott Beattie back playing this week, just over 4 weeks after the incident. Blokes miss more than that with a recurring hamstring injury. Reckon had the tribunal known that he was making a return it might have helped Brennan's case. But Echuca kept it very quiet. Was the injury not as bad as first thought? There was talk early of irreparable damage and possibly not playing again.

Didn't get Putta, but got the job done. I see Scott Beattie back playing this week, just over 4 weeks after the incident. Blokes miss more than that with a recurring hamstring injury. Reckon had the tribunal known that he was making a return it might have helped Brennan's case. But Echuca kept it very quiet. Was the injury not as bad as first thought? There was talk early of irreparable damage and possibly not playing again.
how many weeks did Brennan receive?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Irreparable damage. Loss of sight. Never play again ... but back playing and in the best in 4 weeks.
Good to see Beattie back, but Sammy must feel like the bloke who paid a good price for a `genuine' leather belt from a street stall in Kuala Lumpur. Gets home to discover it's made of rubber!

Irreparable damage. Loss of sight. Never play again ... but back playing and in the best in 4 weeks.
Good to see Beattie back, but Sammy must feel like the bloke who paid a good price for a `genuine' leather belt from a street stall in Kuala Lumpur. Gets home to discover it's made of rubber!
Just signed and Silver tongue I'll make it easy for you. You have five fingers I gather so one at a time count from the time of the king hit by "top bloke" and how many weeks it's been since the Gutless act and you will find its 5 weeks, not 4 weeks. He came back a week early cause some can play with injury and some can't . He does have irreversible damage to his eye and does not have full vision yet. It's a fact that his damage isn't fully repaired.Not sure you guys are surgeons but the advice he got was that he was extremely unlikely to get full vision back in his eye. Some can play with injury and some can't, great players can play and well......thugs get weeks. Now go have a cuddle and get over yourselves.

Just signed and Silver tongue I'll make it easy for you. You have five fingers I gather so one at a time count from the time of the king hit by "top bloke" and how many weeks it's been since the Gutless act and you will find its 5 weeks, not 4 weeks. He came back a week early cause some can play with injury and some can't . He does have irreversible damage to his eye and does not have full vision yet. It's a fact that his damage isn't fully repaired.Not sure you guys are surgeons but the advice he got was that he was extremely unlikely to get full vision back in his eye. Some can play with injury and some can't, great players can play and well......thugs get weeks. Now go have a cuddle and get over yourselves.

You just don't get it, do you?

If Beattie wasn't throwing elbows and punching players (your words, not mine), none of this would have ever happened.

He got injured as a direct result of his own actions.

Maybe he can reflect on that when he looks at himself in the mirror, with blurry eyes.

Life goes on and Brennan will cop his right 'whack' so to speak, and serve his weeks as decreed by the tribunal

Was talkng to the top bloke and Daniel Anderson about the incident. Beattie claimed he was on his hands and knees on the ground when struck by the 'top bloke'. Both agree he was on his knees, and both equally adament Beattie's hands were tightly around Anderson's throat choking hm. Anderson could not breathe. He 200 gamer with a clean record clearly felt his team mates health and immediate safety was in danger and acted. I noted JR and Foxy on the GV footy show this week again saying what a 'top bloke' Sammy Brennan is.

If Beattie is injured again it might make for some interesting questions from insurers given publicaly stating he is playing sight impaired from a previous injury.

Fu*k Im over! It's done! It has happened! Let's move on!
Can anyone give me a run down on the rochy-euroa game? Looked like it would have been a fairly interesting game!
OTB give us an honest assessment of how lachie Collins has gone this year?

Can anyone give me a run down on the rochy-euroa game? Looked like it would have been a fairly interesting game!

Might find Collins setting the alarm fairly early in the next couple of weeks

He's been average at best. Has had an interrupted pre season and away With work a fair bit from what I understand. Don't think you will find him in the twos as suggested by Ringo1. Long year and worth persisting with.

The Rochy v Euroa game was an entertaining game to watch - high standard of footy with great skills from both sides. Rochy was trailing at quarter time by a goal and were going into a slight breeze. Euroa's Hayes carved it up in the first - a very dangerous player who kicked two goals from the half back flank.

Rochy then outscored Euroa in the second quarter and broke the game open in the third going into the last quarter 5 goals up. Rochy kicked extremely straight kicking 9.1 up until half time. Euroa hit back hard in the last kicking the first couple (maybe 3) before Rochy kicked goals through Stroobands and Watson to ice the game.

For Rochy, Aitken was excellent, Stroobands has a touch of class and is an accurate kick and Williams and Watson were both hard at it. For Euroa, Hayes was great, Gilliland played well without getting off the leash and their forwards worked hard but probably didn't hurt Rochy enough when kicking for goal. The on-ballers were relatively even, with the Euroa brigade just edging out Rochy at the centre bounces.

Last edited:
He's been average at best. Has had an interrupted pre season and away With work a fair bit from what I understand. Don't think you will find him in the twos as suggested by Ringo1. Long year and worth persisting with.

Hope he's signed for the whole yr.
If he was made to kick the dew off I would suggest he would head back to his mother club like another flashy half forward flanker did a couple of yrs back

The Rochy v Euroa game was an entertaining game to watch - high standard of footy with great skills from both sides. Rochy was trailing at quarter time by a goal and were going into a slight breeze. Euroa's Hayes carved it up in the first - a very dangerous player who kicked two goals from the half back flank.

Rochy then outscored Euroa in the second quarter and broke the game open in the third going into the last quarter 5 goals up. Rochy kicked extremely straight kicking 9.1 up until half time. Euroa hit back hard in the last kicking the first couple (maybe 3) before Rochy kicked goals through Stroobands and Watson to ice the game.

For Rochy, Aitken was excellent, Stroobands has a touch of class and is an accurate kick and Williams and Watson were both hard at it. For Euroa, Hayes was great, Gilliland played well without getting off the leash and their forwards worked hard but probably didn't hurt Rochy enough when kicking for goal. The on-ballers were relatively even, with the Euroa brigade just edging out Rochy at the centre bounces.

Cheers JT! Rochy seem to be kicking really straight this year compared to other years! Not sure whether it has to do with tht game plan and where the shots are being taken from or more the personal! The additions of stroobants, perry and Bowen to the fwd line are all sharp shooters and make the most of 3-4 shots a game where as in previous years g. weeks could have 9 shots kicking 4.4 and 1 out on the full!
On another note 1 rochy player named in the interleague squad is a disgrace!

Thanks heaps for the feedback guys, really appreciate it. Based out of Shepparton, but on the road a fair bit, so pretty time poor at the moment. Definitely looking at getting involved somewhere. Not a ruckman unfortunately, too short for that! Have played forward and back, sometimes on the wing, but can't say ruckman is on the list. Haha Hopefully get to a few games and work out the teams and players soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back