male sports keeping female affiliates afloat.

Remove this Banner Ad

i hear you, but look at the matilda's sponsors, all six are socceroo's sponsors, so a lot of their funding is directly related to the socceroos. i think they do deserve more money, at international level, and most definitely at club level, but i feel like this shouldn't have an impact on or have input from where the men are at, they've done nothing but improve the image and growth of the game, and the matilda's have benefitted from this (not to say they haven't helped either)....

id have much less of an issue with this topic if it was "matilidas grossly underpaid" instead of "matildas pay gap to socceroos is (insert damning word here)".

Yeah that's pretty much the way I'd interpreted this thread topic.

And the FFA has a giant pool of $ (the $ it wasted on the world cup bid etc) As well as sponsors directly supporting matildas/ socceroos, the FFA get $ which they could then redistribute and I think a bit more equitably to support those who represent our country. Pay those who need it more IMO.

Last edited:
You mean the post you sheepishly deleted?

There has been more than 1 female for what it's worth anyway. There's currently 2? female test drivers/development drivers in F1. I know for a fact that Susie Wolff has got track time this season too.

I said there's been female drivers and I've proven that there's female drivers. Boy is my face red.
Explain exactly what I deleted mate. Google is your friend ;)

Just to throw something into the mix, how much do the Kookaburras and Hockeyroos get paid?

I don't know, but I'm guessing it's not much and the two aren't that far apart.

I like hockey and played it as a kid, but it doesn't have the profile and commercial appeal of other sports. Is it OK that both our men and women don't make a living out of the sport? Or is it only a problem if the men make a killing and the women make peanuts?

Andrew Gaze also claimed that in Australia the womens basketball team is paid more than the men. I assume he would know what he is talking about.

They could play all day and Serena would be lucky to take a single game off Tomic.

Anyone in the top 1000 would have a field day with her.

The under 17's US boys soccer team beat the national women's team 8-2 in 2012 as well.

There's no contest.
I remember one of the best female tennis players saying her brother who wasn't even pro beats her most times they play.

NASCAR I think (which US regard higher than F1) - Danica Patrick.
And women compete equally with men in equestrian (sure small sport here, fairly big in Europe).
Shooting I think is separated - can't think of a reason why this should be so.
The US regard a lot of their own sports higher than everyone else. It means s**t. Formula 1 is the undisputed pinnacle of the motor racing sport.

Apparently there was a female F1 racer in the past. According to Wikipedia. This has been established.

The US regard a lot of their own sports higher than everyone else. It means s**t. Formula 1 is the undisputed pinnacle of the motor racing sport.

Apparently there was a female F1 racer in the past. According to Wikipedia. This has been established.

F1 is Bernie Ecclestones private toy with whimsical rule changes. Not saying NASCAR is any better (driving round in circles until you get dizzy). F1 is just better marketed so you think it is better. I don't know that there is any way of actually determining which is better (in terms of driver ability) - to me it seems all car differences ie technology.

Explain exactly what I deleted mate. Google is your friend ;)
That's what you're going for? Google?

I knew of Lella Lombardi. Famous for being the only female to score a point. Admittedly, I don't know the names of any other females in F1 except Susie Wolff and Carmen Jorda but I know that they existed and that's all that matters.

Are you 12 years old?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See the link I posted, it takes into account all revenue streams for proffesional tennis players.

lost me at: "There’s an assumption that no one wants to see women’s sports but no one knows that. But then the media is private and the question is who wants to pay for it."

the assumption is ticket sales, revenue, sponsors. so ill take that with a grain of salt.

so now not only is it the mens fault they provide a better product on court, the sponsors should also decide who is more marketable, and give a lesser marketable option the same amount of money anyway?
they should have to reroute the ATP tour to accommodate for the womens game, as "the best tournaments are when the men and women play together"?

F1 is Bernie Ecclestones private toy with whimsical rule changes. Not saying NASCAR is any better (driving round in circles until you get dizzy). F1 is just better marketed so you think it is better. I don't know that there is any way of actually determining which is better (in terms of driver ability) - to me it seems all car differences ie technology.
Seriously. Ask anyone in motor racing and they'll tell you. Formula 1 is the be all and end all. Sure, the others are entertaining but any driver, in any league would give their right testicle or tit to race F1. It's the pinnacle of the sport. Fact.

lost me at: "There’s an assumption that no one wants to see women’s sports but no one knows that. But then the media is private and the question is who wants to pay for it."

the assumption is ticket sales, revenue, sponsors. so ill take that with a grain of salt.

so now not only is it the mens fault they provide a better product on court, the sponsors should also decide who is more marketable, and give a lesser marketable option the same amount of money anyway?
they should have to reroute the ATP tour to accommodate for the womens game, as "the best tournaments are when the men and women play together"?
The study quoted in the article showed that taking revenue into account, there is still a pay gap in tennis, meaning women are being paid less proportionally.

Seriously. Ask anyone in motor racing and they'll tell you. Formula 1 is the be all and end all. Sure, the others are entertaining but any driver, in any league would give their right testicle or tit to race F1. It's the pinnacle of the sport. Fact.

Which is why they also have the sponsor drivers (who have little talent but a bucket of $) who can buy their seats.

Anyway, we're getting off topic slightly.

That's what you're going for? Google?

I knew of Lella Lombardi. Famous for being the only female to score a point. Admittedly, I don't know the names of any other females in F1 except Susie Wolff and Carmen Jorda but I know that they existed and that's all that matters.

Are you 12 years old?
I'll ask again, what exactly did I delete buddy?

The study quoted in the article showed that taking revenue into account, there is still a pay gap in tennis, meaning women are being paid less proportionally.
they are bringing "proportionately" less to the game, in many, many areas.
hence why they are being paid less.

as far as I'm concerned they are playing different games.

they are bringing "proportionately" less to the game, in many, many areas.
hence why they are being paid less.

as far as I'm concerned they are playing different games.
.What they are bringing in your eyes is irrelevant. All that matters is the revenue they generate. They are receiving less as a return of total revenue generated proportionally..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back