Multiplat Batman: Arkham Knight

Remove this Banner Ad

Just started playing this game... and I've noticed this game doesn't do a great deal with guiding you through the controls and features. I think it just assumes I've played the Batman series before.

I've only played the first one and that was years ago. So I slightly remember the Batarangs and the Explosive Gel buuuut don't really remember how and when to use them.

And what the * is this local surveillance s**t? It's so annoying.

The action also feels more of a button mash than the first one (surprisingly).

Just started playing this game... and I've noticed this game doesn't do a great deal with guiding you through the controls and features. I think it just assumes I've played the Batman series before.

I've only played the first one and that was years ago. So I slightly remember the Batarangs and the Explosive Gel buuuut don't really remember how and when to use them.

And what the **** is this local surveillance s**t? It's so annoying.

The action also feels more of a button mash than the first one (surprisingly).
Give it time.

This is my exact experience. It had been so long since I played Asylum and City. I was expecting to unlock many of the combos and stuff so I could gradually commit them to memory again. But no in this game you basically have everything from the start and almost expected to use it all right away. I found though as you plod along you get the hang of it and remember what you need to know. Definitely have to learn to stop button mashing to get the free flow happening though for that crit modifier. This I learned too.

Near the end the of the game

im at the part were scarecrow is attacking GCPD, I wiped out all the tanks, and then you have to fight the militia on top of the building, I got up to the 3rd wave and couldn't beat it, I was thinking that it would of been a checkpoint after the 2nd wave. Anyone else had difficulty here? Playing on hard

Near the end the of the game

im at the part were scarecrow is attacking GCPD, I wiped out all the tanks, and then you have to fight the militia on top of the building, I got up to the 3rd wave and couldn't beat it, I was thinking that it would of been a checkpoint after the 2nd wave. Anyone else had difficulty here? Playing on hard

Use Environment Takedowns X+[] on PS4 on the big guys because Babara will open the steam piles and turn the electric fences on for you to take some guys down. Take the medics out first because they will keep reviving the others watchout for the 2 big guys and what weapons they are using. and use the quickfire gadgets like the electric gun, grapple hook and gel. also use the electric gun in the supercharged mode when you have a combo of 6/9 or more because it will stun about 10 guys. And dont stay in the same spot too long.

Surprisingly I got through the last lap of the riddler lap unscathed, after failing once.

My tip would be to not drive too fast and take care to turn when you need to. And to boost only when you need to quickly pass a trap.

Although the final exam of the Riddler is absolutely infuriating. The riddle itself is easy once you figure out the mechanics and what you actually need to do (something the game fails to tell you), but the trap afterwards is so infuriating.

Remember, Catwoman can jump on the roof.

Oh man I am so sick of this game.

The batmobile boss levels are just ridiculously hard
Run around and do some side missions, and pump the upgrade points into the Batmobile. Makes them way easier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Run around and do some side missions, and pump the upgrade points into the Batmobile. Makes them way easier.
I've upgraded a lot of it.

The battles are ridiculously hard still, given you're in an enclosed space surrounded by 50 tanks and they all have missiles locked on. That's not even that bad of the lot considering I usually get it done the second try.

The infuriating one were the underground tunnels and there was always some sort of s**t surprise roadblock.

Now I've just taken out 6 goons stealth like, snuck up on Arkham Knight with a sniper, tried to figure out a way out in 30 seconds.... nope I died, fair enough. Maybe I'll just have to repeat the 30 seconds or maybe it'll spawn me just after I take out the 6 guys.

Nope.

Gotta do that s**t allll over again. * that.

I've upgraded a lot of it.

The battles are ridiculously hard still, given you're in an enclosed space surrounded by 50 tanks and they all have missiles locked on. That's not even that bad of the lot considering I usually get it done the second try.

The infuriating one were the underground tunnels and there was always some sort of s**t surprise roadblock.

Now I've just taken out 6 goons stealth like, snuck up on Arkham Knight with a sniper, tried to figure out a way out in 30 seconds.... nope I died, fair enough. Maybe I'll just have to repeat the 30 seconds or maybe it'll spawn me just after I take out the 6 guys.

Nope.

Gotta do that s**t allll over again. **** that.
When you're fighting the Cloudburst? If you've taken out the Cobras it shouldn't bounce you back to the start of the entire fight. That's weird.

I just never stop moving in a batmobile fight.

When you're fighting the Cloudburst? If you've taken out the Cobras it shouldn't bounce you back to the start of the entire fight. That's weird.

I just never stop moving in a batmobile fight.
Cloudburst was annoying.

I'm talking about the Sniper boss battle in which I am so pissed that I've done the whole thing twice now because this game doesn't give you decent checkpoint saving or just give us manual saving please.

Cloudburst was annoying.

I'm talking about the Sniper boss battle in which I am so pissed that I've done the whole thing twice now because this game doesn't give you decent checkpoint saving or just give us manual saving please.
Oh that one.

The 30 seconds is easy enough. Look across the gargoyles. There's a window. You can get out within like 3 seconds.

I've been going through TLOU remastered and I couldn't help but wonder if you've even played that game? If Batman is giving you trouble I'm going to guess no? :p
I didn't really enjoy the game so I didn't get too far into it.

Bit late to the party on this thanks to The Witcher but am at about 25% and I love

how they are using Joker in this game. So seamless when he pops up somewhere to stir you a bit, incredible game design for an open world. Just did the airship part where you clear the room and try to talk to Stagg, then all the thugs you knocked down slowly get up and start changing into Jokers, just unreal

Agree with the general sentiments about the batmobile, fun for awhile but don't like how they've shoehorned it into absolutely everything.

Question for those who have completed it; does interrogating riddler thugs give you locations for all riddler collectibles? Or do you have to refer to a guide for some of them?

Bit late to the party on this thanks to The Witcher but am at about 25% and I love

how they are using Joker in this game. So seamless when he pops up somewhere to stir you a bit, incredible game design for an open world. Just did the airship part where you clear the room and try to talk to Stagg, then all the thugs you knocked down slowly get up and start changing into Jokers, just unreal

Agree with the general sentiments about the batmobile, fun for awhile but don't like how they've shoehorned it into absolutely everything.

Question for those who have completed it; does interrogating riddler thugs give you locations for all riddler collectibles? Or do you have to refer to a guide for some of them?
Only interrogating the green ones reveals the locations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back