Review Good, Bad and Ugly v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

That free kick against Hartigan to Dixon at the end of the 3rd quarter is easily the worst decision I've seen in a marking contest this season.

After that decision I was worried that if one of our players breathed out too hard on one of their backs we'd get pinged!

Was great to see a couple of absolute shoves in our backs not paid afterwards too, that didnt frustrate me at all.

50 Free Kicks. 50.

Average last year was 32.7 per game.

Serious morons. Hartigan should have gone to town on the campaigner who awarded Dixon that pushing free kick at the end of the 3rd quarter. Dixon was never going to miss so why not give the umpire a much deserved mouthful and risk 50. That ump wont umpire next week let alone if he thinks he will umpire finals.

Jenkins scored 3.4, had seven shots at goal, that's a pretty fair day at the office, didn't realise he had that many shots....

Good
A win where we ran the game out in the last.
Campos win loss ratio:)
Jacobs, Thomson, Cameron, Lever, Laird, Danger.
Douglas' spark in the last quarter.

Bad

Wright must go.
Mackay must go.
Smithy - needs some form or he can heck off as well.
We were on 119 close to the end; and I would've been happy to leave it at that and then Martin slots an arsey one to keep his name uppermost in the thoughts of the selectors after a very average day.

Ugly

Maggots - you'd swear they were told to give the Suns every chanceo_O

- Wright had 8 disposals 3 marks and 1 tackle in 3/4 of football vs. Atkins had 5 disposals 1 mark 1 tackle in less than 1/4 of football
- Mackay was Worst on Ground (even including GC players).

If at least one of them isn't dropped I may even take the extreme measure of making a call to 5AA.

Serious morons. Hartigan should have gone to town on the campaigner who awarded Dixon that pushing free kick at the end of the 3rd quarter. Dixon was never going to miss so why not give the umpire a much deserved mouthful and risk 50. That ump wont umpire next week let alone if he thinks he will umpire finals.

The umpiring in general was just atrocious. Over umpired, sucked the life out of the game and had the crowd focusing on the umpiring rather than the game.

Good
Danger, Jacobs, Jenkins.
Charlie Cameron getting better and better.
Charlie Dixon, god damn he would look good in the tri-colours next year.
Jake Lever, what a star already.
Dougie back to form!

Bad
Abletts knee, poor bloke cant take a trick.
Tex getting easily beaten by May.
Hendos Shirking, he must bring 3 sets of undies to the game and change at each break, ugh.
Brodie Martins efforts in the first 3 qtrs. Is our version of Andreas Everitt from the blues, only plays well when his job is on the line, gets comfortable wayy too easily!
Sam Shaw getting flogged in the first 3.
Thommos Handballs

HIDEOUS!
Mckay, Seriously mate what are you doing, the speed/apparent good leg is not working, so put on some size so you don't get bloody ragdolled all the time, embarrassing.
Wright. BOY OH BOY WOWWEE! I'm assuming the Crows have pulled a Weekend at Bernie's on us and Wright is sitting on the ground deceased in a pair of sunnies. The only reason you could be that ineffective. Terrible kicks to 3 on ones or missed tackles leading to goals. Please, drop him for all of our sakes.

Did anyone see the behind the play hit on Dangerfield by Lynch? The footage is blurry and zoomed out so it's hard to see, but was clear at the game and happened once he'd got rid of the ball and been tackled. It's why Danger took particular issue with Lynch and ultimately led to the all in niggle. At the very least I would've thought it would be worth a fine, but potentially won't get anything as there's no clear footage?

As a side point, loved the way Lever and Brown flew the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone see the behind the play hit on Dangerfield by Lynch? The footage is blurry and zoomed out so it's hard to see, but was clear at the game and happened once he'd got rid of the ball and been tackled. It's why Danger took particular issue with Lynch and ultimately led to the all in niggle. At the very least I would've thought it would be worth a fine, but potentially won't get anything as there's no clear footage?

Saw it clearly, not that much in it.

Do you know, if we beat Sydney next week ....we're half a game outside the top 4

Lets hope that the WC give them a fair old mauling tomorrow (physically) and the travel back from WA hurts them.....

Jake Lever probably the only real story from today. What a bloody champion.

Coming off a knee reco makes it even more impressive.

Charlie Cameron says hi. Was outstanding at times

Great:

Laird, Lever, Cameron. Lever looked the standout in an extremely young backline.

Danger, Sauce, Thommo Douglas combination through the middle.

Bad:

Shaw was a bit rusty and looked off the pace somewhat. Understandable however.

Bit fumbly through the middle at times.

Ugly:

Umpiring

GC Tom Lynch you hack.

Ricky ****ing Henderson my god. Be gone. Go back to Victoria please. Should have taken that second round pick and run.

Sauce, Dick Douglas, Danger, Thommo, Charlie, Lever, Lynch..... Cracking games...

Lever - Absolute GEM. Most inspired 1st round pick since Danger.

I've never seen Paddy get so fired up. He was absolutely livid. He rarely remonstrates with anyone but ran straight over to give it to Lynch and then tried to hurt him in the next play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back