Seattle
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Zombie Sheep, Chattering class
G: Pedlar, Rankine worked in the middle and got goals
B: Quite a lot

U: it was sooooo predictable.
So the consensus is Berry, Sholl, Murphy: full game, and Soligo or Pedlar: sub?

I'm very much melting.

If any of those 3 has a s**t match, and the sub plays really well in the limited minutes, and I hear a single "Ackshually, we can't know if playing our worse players over our better ones was a bad idea, because you can't see alternate realities" I'm gonna FLIP OUT!

Boy Matthew Nicks loves an obvious selection error doesn't he?

Why did it take 3.75 quarters to wake up? Then they lose by six points exactly. What a stupid way for a game to play out.

On March 16, 2024 I saw the future, the future of the Crows without Tex. It's ugly.

I feel like we will be really scrappy early, miss alot of easy shots etc but then get into the game.... Only issue is that it may be too late A la the Richmond home game last year.
Prescient.

Good - Crouch (happy to eat humble pie with him) Soligo (should have started), Berry, Butts

Bad - Manning up allowing easy chip kicks.

Ugly - Giving away easy goals in those conditions (smiths kick out, 50ms), Smith (adds no value get him out and get nank in), muprhy (worst leader around), starting Soligo as sub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good:
Soligo (BOG)
Rachele
Pedlar
Rankine
Probably dont need to play those conditions again

Bad:
Umpiring
Conditions

Ugly:
Structures
Only rolling the dice with 8 mins to go.

Worse than anything I've ever seen in my life:
Smith kick in and Smith 50 costing us 2 goals in a low scoring match.

I would choose to not save the world just so I could erase this from the universe:

Nicks not selecting Soligo.

Bonus:

Nicks not realising a short for tall was on until midway through the third long after the game was out of reach and conditions had been shite all game.

Our forwards need perfect play to operate.

Fog needs it delivered on his tit to get near the ball on a lead. Has no impact otherwise. Will never be a proper key forward. Very good secondary forward.is his ceiling.

Burgess State League.

Gollant inexperienced, probably not much good either.

Missed Tex's leadership up forward.

GC were not that good. But they could manufacture goals in the poor conditions. We couldn't that was the difference tonight.

Between the arcs both teams on par.

We got close because our small forwards and mids got creative.

Crouch was great in the middle.

Pedlar cared

RoB did well against Witts.

Dawson a non entity.

Rankine was brilliant early. He and Rachele nearly stole it once we realised Fog wasn't going to stand up.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We’re a terrible wet weather side, but that doesn’t excuse such an uncompetitive first half. An inability to make smart disposal choices, cement hands galore, being out-foxed 1v1 by GC players when near the ball etc

Nicks better not let the group off because of a too late comeback

Good: the last quarter
Bad: The previous three quarters
Ugly: This happened way too many times over the last couple of years and is still a problem. Needs to be sorted. Is it a coaching problem or an on field problem, either way it needs to be fixed quickly.

The last 10 minutes doesn't excuse three and a half quarters of abject s**t. All it did was paper over the cracks.

That loss was largely on Nicks.

Sure, he isn't responsible for piss poor 50 entries and Auskick levels of skill, but everything from selection to game day tactics such as having Soligo as sub and having a loose defender back late stems from him.

Crouch and Rankine both good, Soligo great when he finally came on and Rash improved as the night went on.

But, yeah, grim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back