Preview Gold Coast Suns v Adelaide Crows, Saturday 16th of March, People First Stadium, Gold Coast, 7.40pm Adelaide time.

Who will be the sub?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Burns talking about Murphy on AA...

Would be pretty surprised to see him start as sub.

Excuse the intrusion, but would love any advice on Sam Berry. It is Supercoach related so sorry if this isn't the right thread. Has he got decent job security and scoring potential? Is he a big risk to be omitted if he doesn't perform strongly this week? I remember he had a good year i think in 2022, what happened to him last year?

Thanks for any help, good luck v GC, i hope you beat that plastic club.

I get why people are assuming Soligo is going to be the sub, but don’t rule out Pedlar - I suspect the inclusion of Berry means Bez will split time between half forward and inside midfield, which may relegate Pedlar to the vest.

There is no way newly minted Leadership Group legend Lachie Murphy is going to be sub either, so there’s another forward half player that might push Pedlar out of the 22 for this game. Throw in Keays, Rankine, Rachele - it’s definitely on the cards.

It’s a toss up between Pedlar and Soligo for mine. Personally they’d both be in my starting 18, let alone 22, but here we are.

If Soligo is named as sub, it’s got Tom Lynch in Tassie vibes because he’s clearly in our best dozen players, so if he’s in the vest it’s because he isn’t fit, and if he isn’t fit he shouldn’t be named at all.

So yeah, I’ll go with Pedlar as sub as a prediction.

I don’t think it’s like Lynch tbh.

Lynch was injured and that’s why it was dumb.

Soligo might just be at 80% of his peak fitness, but its not like we can give him a full sanfl game.

Giving him half game plus the weekly will get him up to full fitness than not playing him at all.

Something like this

I grew up watching Sir Richard Hadlee and his brother Dale live, mainly from the Sportsground in Palmerston North, NZ, but also Eden Park, Auckland and the Basin Reserve, Wellington plus elsewhere. They played for Canterbury. Richard was a childhood-young adult hero, but in the late 70's early 80's loved the way he tore through opposition sides. One of the true greats of the game. Deaneaus would no doubt concur! No stains on this guys black cap or All Black jumper! Hopefully we can do the same on the Gold Coast tonight. I can still remember how he got the Eden Park crowd absolutely pumping. Hopefully we have good crowd support tonight. Suspect we will.

Scott Burns talking about Murphy on AA...

Would be pretty surprised to see him start as sub.
We're more likely to build a statue of him than make him sub

To be fair, he's had a good preseason and conditions should suit him. Need a few players to step up with goals in Tex/Thilthorpe's absence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse the intrusion, but would love any advice on Sam Berry. It is Supercoach related so sorry if this isn't the right thread. Has he got decent job security and scoring potential? Is he a big risk to be omitted if he doesn't perform strongly this week? I remember he had a good year i think in 2022, what happened to him last year?

Thanks for any help, good luck v GC, i hope you beat that plastic club.
He will have at least the first 2-3 weeks in the side. If he continues his form from the last trail he will keep his spot for sure. If he goes back to 2023 Berry he will likely go back to SANFL. Hard one to call at this stage.

My feeling is that if we are to win we need matt crouch to be the dominant midfielder of the day.

If they beat us in the midfield then i can't see our backs holding up.

They blurred it out, what more could they be expected to do? It is hilariously funny though, just no need to do it, but they did. And most wouldn't have even noticed.
The Simpsons has got to be one of the best shows ever. So many subtleties that are easily overlooked at first. (A bit like watching The Life of Brian)

This summer on the gold coast was the worst i’ve experienced in the 22 years I’ve been here..

The humidity was beyond a joke.. and, as you say, it was all day and night. Weeks and weeks of it with no southeasterly’s to bring relief.

Had one of the days on a civil construction site I work on that was 40 degrees and 100% humidity.. It made, from what I remember of 40 degree days in Adelaide, seem like a walk in the park. It was physically and mentally draining and I’m not even on the tools anymore.

Guys were dropping like flies.

Seems to have cooled off in the last couple of weeks though.. today was beautiful.. sunny with a nice ocean breeze.. swell is absolutely pumping too..
There are certain combinations of heat and humidity that can be lethal no matter how healthy you are, because they're beyond the body's cooling capability. For this game I'm sure it will be tougher on us than Gold Coast, but I'm not terribly concerned. The Bureau believes it will be about 23 in Surfers Paradise at 7 PM:

He will have at least the first 2-3 weeks in the side. If he continues his form from the last trail he will keep his spot for sure. If he goes back to 2023 Berry he will likely go back to SANFL. Hard one to call at this stage.
Thank you very much for your help, good luck tonight

Back