Preview Changes: R21 vs Gold Coast, Saturday August 5th, 1.40pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

doubtful, we've got Pedlar and Rankine back over the next 2 weeks and can't see any further rests. That's 2 players that need to drop out of the 22 into the SANFL to keep Sloane as sub.

What's ridiculous is that for his 250th he was going so well and was so important to performance that he started in the centre square. 1 week later he's back starting on the bench and the week after dropped to sub. Gifting him a non-performance based ceremonial role in a must win game was hubris and it speaks to the overarching culture of our club. A home game we lost to a side below us at the time that potentially costs us a finals spot. We put Rory ahead of everyone else, hopefully never again and he's played his ladt game.
I know Rory's near the end and this should be his last year but blaming him for the GWS loss is crap. The whole team let itself and Rory down, It was a putrid last quarter by all our leaders. Beaten by a tough battle hardened team. Rory's been mostly good this year and the sub role actually suits him, His been playing his best footy in second halves all year.

Imagine Smith plays wing again, that got lost a bit last week, they finally dragged him out from his armchair as loose halfback and it helped the defence function so much better and provide so much better run from that line.

Actually seeing senior players dragged from their carved in rock position on ground is a new feeling, hopefully paves the way for his phasing out next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine Smith plays wing again, that got lost a bit last week, they finally dragged him out from his armchair as loose halfback and it helped the defence function so much better and provide so much better run from that line.

Actually seeing senior players dragged from their carved in rock position on ground is a new feeling, hopefully paves the way for his phasing out next year.
At Jones expense, probably going to stuff him around again

Sloanes played better footy this year than Berry played last year. Been getting bigger numbers and uses it better. This should be his last year though
Berry in the last 8 or so games last year was awesome..

then he went backwards this year.. seems to have been starting to find his form again in recent weeks in the sanfl.. but its too late for him.. he wont get a call up this year.. especially if crouch continues his current form..

Berry in the last 8 or so games last year was awesome..

then he went backwards this year.. seems to have been starting to find his form again in recent weeks in the sanfl.. but its too late for him.. he wont get a call up this year.. especially if crouch continues his current form..
I remember a couple of good ones, But yeah too late this year unless we lose our next 2 games and we just play him anyway

At Jones expense, probably going to stuff him around again
There’s 2 wings hopefully he gets used on the other, but yeah then Soligo gets shoved off on to another flank there is that flow on effect just like with Sloane in the middle, but the lack of Smith in defence is still the glass half full way to look at it.

Great call - him and Nicholls are the 2 you don’t want to see.
Not a good one amongst them this year, umpire standards are the worst they’ve ever been. Amazing that they brought in a 4th umpire and it is the worst umpired season I can ever remember.

ah, the brain of the keays defender.. lets pick every single little part of a junior players game apart and find every excuse we can to not give him a go..then ignore the fxxkn garbage keays dishes up every week. Hack kicks, s**t handballs, erratic play, basic turnovers and kicks out on the full under zero pressure
stop looking for every tiny little thing wrong with our junior players and start opening your fxxkn eyes to the deficiencies of the duds that this club picks week after week after week regardless of the poorly skilled s**t they deliver.
Firstly, Excellent Fxxkn Rant Clamy. I would have expected nothing less 😄.

A few facts;

1) I have watched Tariek play live on at least 20 occasions and I have been encouraged by his steady improvement. I have never made a negative comment about Tariek in any game day thread.

2) I don’t believe Tariek will perform as well as some of our marginal small forwards if he is given a chance this year.

3) Amongst the small group of Bigfooty posters who closely follow our SANFL team, I can’t think of anyone who supports your views on Tariek.

4) My opinion re Crouch, Sloane, Murphy and McHenry is that they are not in our best 22. They are fringe players that sometimes play their role.

5) I believe Keays has many weaknesses but has some strengths that put him currently in our best 22.

GENUINE QUESTION;
How long since you last attended a Crows match (SANFL or AFL)?

Have you ever attended an AFL match?

Your comments often sound like someone who has only ever watched the game on the tellie. Not a criticism, just an observation.

No no.22 is a win in my book.

Never worry too much re umps at home games

Almost give up any chance of winning at mcg though due to umps

A bit against the grain but I reckon the least biased ump in comp is Ray chamberlain , I never feel like he will stooge us

Stevic and Nichols my 2 worst

Umpire number 2 was the umpire who burnt us last time we played Gold Coast. I don't think it was the first time he has done that to us either.

Sloanes played better footy this year than Berry played last year. Been getting bigger numbers and uses it better. This should be his last year though
Wtf GIF by MOODMAN

If Schoenberg continues to play like he has last 2 weeks or bette till be fuming if he’s left out next few games

He needs to play to help set up our midfield for next year

What happens in these scenarios is it becomes obvious who shouldn’t play - either thru form or injury so I’m expecting it to be more clear after the weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back