Preview Changes: R10 vs Western Bulldogs, Saturday May 20, 1.40pm ACST @ Eureka Stadium (Ballarat)

Remove this Banner Ad

N
I find it interesting how often this board call for players to be rested as if they know how tired a player is, only for that player to play and perform the same week. There is no point speculating whether a player should or will be rested. Why? Because Burgess is all over it. Tex was rested this week because it is the optimal time to rest him. End of story.
Nah the club is too stupid to know if or when to rest a player. Crows should take more notice of the experts in here.

Yes, yes, I’ve packed the family truckster and here we are. A coupla days in Melbs, the stinky hole, and then a couple in Ballarat for the footy.

Go you Crows!
images.jpeg-2.jpg

If someone hasn’t mentioned it already, I reckon Himmer played last time we beat the dogs at mars…or was that Frampton’s blonde bonce I saw running around when I had a brief look at last year’s game checking out where I should choose to stand in the GA outer tomorrow.

Yes, yes, I’ve packed the family truckster and here we are. A coupla days in Melbs, the stinky hole, and then a couple in Ballarat for the footy.

Go you Crows!
Family GIF

Fog to play closer to goals
You're the second or third poster to suggest this.
One of Fog's main strengths is his strong, accurate kicking around the 50m mark, plus he knows how to time a lead.
I was thinking I'd play Thilthorpe closer to goals as a high-marking forward and unleash Fog to run over and through oppo defenders around the 50m arc.
Then I read this:
not sure..Tex has a bigger tank than fog athletically and he moves differently (is better laterally than fog). To me Fog is a classic full forward. Tex is every bit a centre half forward that can play full forward. Can Fog play CHF and roam????
Thilthorpe should be that CHF that does all that. If he can get his hand consistently right in terms of clunking marks and crashing packs, he will be next level for us as he can roam all over the place like Reiwoldt did
which makes good sense. Thilthorpe can mark and has clean hands lower to the ground as well.
I'll just have to wait 2-3 years to find out :sneaky:.

Haha wut

7th in Coleman, 17th in score assists, 11th for marks I50. What are you actually on about?
Listen, Tex is so talented he finds ways to get goals and contribute. Obviously should be in the best 22 right now.

But you can't just look at the stats and positives without seeing the obvious negatives. You have to look at what his opponents have been able to do. Darcy Moore and Ratugolelaia ran off him all day and destroyed us, because Tex can't move quickly any more. It's costly.

Like Bigman said, he's reaching for the body always. Leaving goals on the deck because he doesn't charge at the ball when leading into space.

When Tex retired it won't be because he can't score any more, it'll be because his opponents kill us every week.

I remember a running receive goal down the wing which Tex wouldn’t have been able to pull of
Tex just has that 360 degree ability to hit a pass or shot on goal from anywhere. So many of his goals come from snaps, including from his opposite foot.

His goals from the ruck contests inside 50 have dried up though. Opposition teams have finally cottoned on to what he's been doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen, Tex is so talented he finds ways to get goals and contribute. Obviously should be in the best 22 right now.

But you can't just look at the stats and positives without seeing the obvious negatives. You have to look at what his opponents have been able to do. Darcy Moore and Ratugolelaia ran off him all day and destroyed us, because Tex can't move quickly any more. It's costly.

Like Bigman said, he's reaching for the body always. Leaving goals on the deck because he doesn't charge at the ball when leading into space.

When Tex retired it won't be because he can't score any more, it'll be because his opponents kill us every week.
Then I guess we just ignore that he completely destroyed an AA squad defender from 2022 in Wilkie on the weekend? Darcy Moore destroys most opponents, that has nothing to do with how well Tex is going. Darcy Moore also destroyed us so much that we only lost in the final 30 seconds due to poor accuracy. Tex is still in the top 10 key forwards, that is an indisputable fact going by his performances since the start of 2021.

How do we know that?
Name one sub who has been under injury doubt like Lynch and became the sub. Name on sub that wasn’t even suited up to run on the ground. There’s your clue.

I honestly can’t believe how I have to argue the most basic s**t on this board, stuff that’s so obvious and yet it goes on. FMD

I was in Ballarat late morning/afternoon, a couple of heavy showers and persistent of an on pissly drizzle enough to get the windscreen wipers on..

If you're attending tomorrow pack ya thermals and a good quality raincoat and gloves..

I like the fact we dont have Walker on this trip, he is always the guy to help push us over the line in tough games. Time to step up kids!
Fogarty, Gollant, Himmelberg up forward might work well as they are all different types of players.
I would hate to see McHenry as the Sub in this game, but who do you sub out instead?

11 degrees and sunny, we need that dude with the icecream truck who was at Manuka oval when it snowed.

If you are going: coffee, Rogan Josh, blankie and those hand warmer things from the chemist.

Why would need to take a racehorse?

I was in Ballarat late morning/afternoon, a couple of heavy showers and persistent of an on pissly drizzle enough to get the windscreen wipers on..

If you're attending tomorrow pack ya thermals and a good quality raincoat and gloves..
I’d still like us to make a late change and go smaller

Remove this Banner Ad

Back