Preview Changes: R17 vs Essendon, Sunday July 9, 2.50pm ACST @ Docklands Stadium

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I tend to agree. Its very much a guess to know how much influence an assistant coach has.

Weren't you wanting Clarke fired for a good 10 years until Sauce made the All Australian squad in 2017? You seemed to go pretty quite after that.

Without a smarmy answer that deflects from the question - how much do you blame VB for our midfield? Do you know how much power he has over the group? Selections on gameday? How much influence does VB have over who attends the centre bounces?

I am not saying I have the answer. I am just saying all of you who claim to know are full of Sh!t.

I think you last sentence is spot on.

Iā€™m expecting serious meltdowns today from most of the posters on here.

Same crew calling for a rebuild. When it happens they don't have the stomach for the consequences. Gotta find a scape goat when an inexperienced side loses and never give any credit for any growth.

Always gotta be angry at something.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon most of those being angry are Gen X-ers. They need to loved and remembered.

Ahh brings me back to the days when people pretended to know whether Noble and Campo did a bad job as an assistant. Fantastic watching them link time in job as the only common link to our woes and when challenged couldnt produce a single shred of evidence they knew what the hell they were on about.

They definitely went on to bigger and better things after leaving us.

Same crew calling for a rebuild. When it happens they don't have the stomach for the consequences. Gotta find a scape goat when an inexperienced side loses and never give any credit for any growth.

Always gotta be angry at something.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

not me, I wanted to stay down a year or 2 longer rather than gear our rebuild at getting back in the bottom part of the 8 as quick as possible. Unless we acquire 2 elite/A+ level mids this group has pretty much reached its ceiling.

Do we know if the fricken roof is open?

Open roof + red away guernseys...

images-jpeg-4-jpg.1731242
line-17qq-com-hmdhgoolgdv-e-jpg.1111438

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How tight is the ladder 4-12 position. A must win game tomorrow.
If we dont win, dont bother about making the 8. Even if does happen we will be knocked out in Week 1.

This is a game a Top 8 side should be winning.

If we dont win, dont bother about making the 8. Even if does happen we will be knocked out in Week 1.

This is a game a Top 8 side should be winning.
It's not the end of the world if we don't win this.

It would be great to have our inexperienced team play finals, but next year is the year we should be spitting dummies and throwing the toys out of the cot for losing winnable games.

Crows have performed pretty well for such a young and inexperienced side. We play on Essendon's turf, yet I'm still expecting to win. It'll be disappointing if we don't, but not the end of the world and still with a chance to crack the 8...and if we make the 8 well, we've already beaten 2nd, 3rd and lost to the best team in the comp by miniscule margins. Every chance to win a final.

It's not the end of the world if we don't win this.

It would be great to have our inexperienced team play finals, but next year is the year we should be spitting dummies and throwing the toys out of the cot for losing winnable games.

Crows have performed pretty well for such a young and inexperienced side. We play on Essendon's turf, yet I'm still expecting to win. It'll be disappointing if we don't, but not the end of the world and still with a chance to crack the 8...and if we make the 8 well, we've already beaten 2nd, 3rd and lost to the best team in the comp by miniscule margins. Every chance to win a final.
Definitely agree its not end of world stuff, I mean I still think we could beat Melbourne at the G, however I just feel that to be a serious Top 8 side, this is a must win game.

We must find a way to win.

Would help with our confidence when playing away too.

it's more than that. They're coached to react.
The big issue with our midfield. Lack of creative players.

Sloane, Laird and Keays are all reactionary players. Keays trys to be creative, but poor skills.

There is hope this will change going forward. Dawson and Rachele in particular are both play makers. Sog and Pedlar also have this trait.

You can say being reactionary is coaching. But I would also suggest it is heavily in these guys' nature/Footy DNA. And a reason none were taken high in the draft. Yet they have been our core midfield for such a long time thanks to Hamish's poor drafting / identifying midfield talent.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

not me, I wanted to stay down a year or 2 longer rather than gear our rebuild at getting back in the bottom part of the 8 as quick as possible. Unless we acquire 2 elite/A+ level mids this group has pretty much reached its ceiling.
absolutely spot on, totally agree.

Assuming that when you say 'this group' you mean the Adelaide Crows in the coming years and not, say, a team which has both Rory Sloane and Riley Thilthorpe in it at the same time, this seems like an unbelievably pessimistic outlook. Props for writing it down I guess. Think you'll be very wrong here and the club will exceed its current level of performance over the next 2-3 years.

The big issue with our midfield. Lack of creative players.

Sloane, Laird and Keays are all reactionary players. Keays trys to be creative, but poor skills.

There is hope this will change going forward. Dawson and Rachele in particular are both play makers. Sog and Pedlar also have this trait.

You can say being reactionary is coaching. But I would also suggest it is heavily in these guys' nature/Footy DNA. And a reason none were taken high in the draft. Yet they have been our core midfield for such a long time thanks to Hamish's poor drafting / identifying midfield talent.

I still think Jones will make a very good stoppage mid. Rankine should be getting more time in there too. Sloane back in there full time is ridiculous, he's no good there these days and he has no future as a mid in a contending 22.

Assuming that when you say 'this group' you mean the Adelaide Crows in the coming years and not, say, a team which has both Rory Sloane and Riley Thilthorpe in it at the same time, this seems like an unbelievably pessimistic outlook. Props for writing it down I guess. Think you'll be very wrong here and the club will exceed its current level of performance over the next 2-3 years.

if we don't address our midfield at the pointy end of the draft, we won't be improving much, if at all. And that's going to be hard to do with back to back to back pick 10s. I think you'll find it's you who will be very wrong, teams don't genuinely compete without top notch midfields.

I still think Jones will make a very good stoppage mid. Rankine should be getting more time in there too. Sloane back in there full time is ridiculous, he's no good there these days and he has no future as a mid in a contending 22.
Not sure about Jone in middle. Nothing wrong with the role he is playing now, and doing well.

But yeah Rankine needs more midfield time.

Back