Preview Changes: R17 vs Essendon, Sunday July 9, 2.50pm ACST @ Docklands Stadium

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just have better standards

Love you answer on the below. No bad words that may offend ya, I want you to keep up your standards. Just love to know your thoughts.

How the can you know how VB is performing as an assistant?

Does VB operate under Nick's control or does he get complete and utter say on rotations / midfield minutes and set ups?

Unless of course your standards are not looking like you have no idea. Then I understand your standards.

C'mon. At least prove me wrong with words. Your last two responses have been a laughing emoji and a meme.

Care to elaborate on your comment that if a head coach is in control he doesn't need a midfield coach?!?!? Or please elaborate on your understanding of the chain of command at the AFC. How much control does Nicks have over the midfield group? How much is VB under the guidance of Nicks? Love to know it especially since you are a SANFL superstar!!!!!!!
You lost me here idiot

You lost me here idiot

Not surprised. You have been unable to answer simple questions throughout this thread.

Care to elaborate on your comment that if a head coach is in control he doesn't need a midfield coach?!?!?

please elaborate on your understanding of the chain of command at the AFC.

How much control does Nicks have over the midfield group?

How much is VB under the guidance of Nicks?

All pretty simple questions/requests.

I am an unashamed Dmac fanboi, but I am not on trial for that in this thread.

No - I have no opinion on VB as midfield coach. I have made that abundantly clear. I think its impossible to have an opinion on how assistant coaches are tracking because we don't know the inner workings of the midfield group.

No comment on how you blame Hamish for our midfield woes?

I never said zero responsibility. You are going back to your boomer behavior here.

My point is that we don't know what level of responsibility VB has over the strategy, development and selection of the midfield group. Therefore its impossible to work out how effective he is as an assistant coach. It all goes back to Nicks. He will fall on the sword for the success or failure of this group.

It would be great if you would stop trying to tell me what I am and what I believe. I would prefer you to actually read what I write.

then we can also absolve nicks because we don't know his kpi's. So nobody is responsible, even if their title suggests they might be. In terms of talent ID, it is less clear. And that extends to list management. We know that Fagan (board) intervened in the Gibbs acquisition. Overarching club philosophy remains a massive handicap, but when our midfield goes backwards, or isn't progressing, it's fair to consider the midfield coach is at least partially responsible.

But yes, overall, it's the board that is the problem. We recruit and retain coaches that align with their philosophies.

No - I have no opinion on VB as midfield coach. I have made that abundantly clear. I think its impossible to have an opinion on how assistant coaches are tracking because we don't know the inner workings of the midfield group.

No comment on how you blame Hamish for our midfield woes?

I never said zero responsibility. You are going back to your boomer behavior here.

My point is that we don't know what level of responsibility VB has over the strategy, development and selection of the midfield group. Therefore its impossible to work out how effective he is as an assistant coach. It all goes back to Nicks. He will fall on the sword for the success or failure of this group.

It would be great if you would stop trying to tell me what I am and what I believe. I would prefer you to actually read what I write.

also worth noting, I'm 51 years old, I'm Gen X bitch. The X is for 'Xtreme to the maX'. The best generation by far. We were raised by the boomers but prevailed nonetheless.

I tend to agree. Its very much a guess to know how much influence an assistant coach has.

Weren't you wanting Clarke fired for a good 10 years until Sauce made the All Australian squad in 2017? You seemed to go pretty quite after that.

Without a smarmy answer that deflects from the question - how much do you blame VB for our midfield? Do you know how much power he has over the group? Selections on gameday? How much influence does VB have over who attends the centre bounces?

I am not saying I have the answer. I am just saying all of you who claim to know are full of Sh!t.
No one knows anything about anything

Ahh brings me back to the days when people pretended to know whether Noble and Campo did a bad job as an assistant. Fantastic watching them link time in job as the only common link to our woes and when challenged couldnt produce a single shred of evidence they knew what the hell they were on about.

Ahh brings me back to the days when people pretended to know whether Noble and Campo did a bad job as an assistant. Fantastic watching them link time in job as the only common link to our woes and when challenged couldnt produce a single shred of evidence they knew what the hell they were on about.

to summarise, if they're employed, they're awesome. It's how we roll. In Godden we trust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agan with the Sholl. Normally takes a couple of years for the club to work out a player isn't AFL standard. Our list is still quite poor. Not much in the SANFL and our bottom 4 AFL players aren't up to standard.

You have quit. Smart move.

Know the limits of your argument and when to walk away. Admirable.
Same crew calling for a rebuild. When it happens they don't have the stomach for the consequences. Gotta find a scape goat when an inexperienced side loses and never give any credit for any growth.

Always gotta be angry at something.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I tend to agree. Its very much a guess to know how much influence an assistant coach has.

Weren't you wanting Clarke fired for a good 10 years until Sauce made the All Australian squad in 2017? You seemed to go pretty quite after that.

Without a smarmy answer that deflects from the question - how much do you blame VB for our midfield? Do you know how much power he has over the group? Selections on gameday? How much influence does VB have over who attends the centre bounces?

I am not saying I have the answer. I am just saying all of you who claim to know are full of Sh!t.
How do I like this twice?:D

Back