Preview Changes: R17 vs Essendon, Sunday July 9, 2.50pm ACST @ Docklands Stadium

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Butts (injured), Sloane
In: Borlase, Nankervis

Sholl out from the sub role, McAdam or Schoenberg in

Can't take Sloane to Marvel and have him spud it up in the first half yet again
Sloane was overwhelming second half for North. Destroyed them.
Sholl was pretty good in just over a half of footy getting more than 20D. On fast ground against a relatively outside team like Essendon Sholl probably an asset.

Out: Butts (inj)
In: Schoenberg

Sholl was pretty good in just over a half of footy getting more than 20D. On fast ground against a relatively outside team like Essendon Sholl probably an asset.

Sloane had half his disposals in the 4th quarter when we were already 50 points up

And you want to take him to the fastest deck in the AFL?

Nah

Sloane was hot garbage.

got plenty of touches when the game slowed in the last quarter..

did fxxk all with them though.

and can he please put that stupid dinky little 10m kick he constantly tries these days in the bin.

When are people going to realise that Lachie Sholl is utter trash against any Top 10 side that actually turns up to play? Do not be fooled by the downhill skiing exploits against West Coast and North at home. The record away is there for all to see.

Out:
Butts (inj), Sloane (omitted, but we’ll call it “managed”), Sholl (sub / proven failure against quality opponents in away games)

In:
Borlase, Schoenberg

Sub:
Cook

Emg:
Gollant, McAdam, Berry, Keane

If Tex gets suspended for the tackle where his opponent’s head hit the deck, we flip a coin between Gollant and McAdam. I can make an argument for either.

we'd have been lucky if a handful of his disposals made a skerrick of difference.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't play Borlase or Keane and shuffle the team around to accommodate only one tall matchup (Murray on Wright). Worrell operates as the second tall. Bring in some more on-ball depth - Essendon beat us by running waves, always. Trust our forward line to kick a score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When are people going to realise that Lachie Sholl is utter trash against any Top 10 side that actually turns up to play? Do not be fooled by the downhill skiing exploits against West Coast and North at home. The record away is there for all to see.

Out:
Butts (inj), Sloane (omitted, but we’ll call it “managed”), Sholl (sub / proven failure against quality opponents in away games)

In:
Borlase, Schoenberg

Sub:
Cook

Emg:
Gollant, McAdam, Berry, Keane

If Tex gets suspended for the tackle where his opponent’s head hit the deck, we flip a coin between Gollant and McAdam. I can make an argument for either.
probably the same time they realise keays and murphy are the same.

keays, murph, sholl… all three were great today.. downhill skiing against a bottom 2 side.. and utter trash last week against a top 2 side.

dont worry.. golden tickets were re-issued at the final siren this arvo..

Now does everyone understand that every side do not have superstars in all positions on the ground.

Yes, every side has spuds.
Who’s the spuds at the pies, power and dees at the moment?.. got a few names you can put up?

i understand that the middle of the table and lower sides have their spuds..

but thats why they are middle of the table and lower.

this “every team has to have a spud or two so the crows should” theory just seems a bit ridiculous to me..

you want to win GF’s these days.. i’m afraid you cant have spuds.

we have some pretty bloody good young talent in our team at the moment who dont get a look in because we cling to our cooked veterans and a couple of lads that, at times, couldnt hit the side of a barn from 5m away..

would it really hurt to replace one or two of these spuds with a talented youngster?.. even for just a game or two.. and give them a run.. especially when we play one of the bottom sides at AO?.. which we’ve done in the last two AO games.

this “every team needs a spud or two“ sounds like a load of hot cx&k to me.

Who’s the spuds at the pies, power and dees at the moment?.. got a few names you can put up?

i understand that the middle of the table and lower sides have their spuds..

but thats why they are middle of the table and lower.

this “every team has to have a spud or two so the crows should” theory just seems a bit ridiculous to me..

you want to win GF’s these days.. i’m afraid you cant have spuds.

we have some pretty bloody good young talent in our team at the moment who dont get a look in because we cling to our cooked veterans and a couple of lads that, at times, couldnt hit the side of a barn from 5m away..

would it really hurt to replace one or two of these spuds with a talented youngster?.. even for just a game or two.. and give them a run.. especially when we play one of the bottom sides at AO?.. which we’ve done in the last two AO games.

this “ever team need a spud or two“ sounds like a load of hot utensil to me.
Pies have Frampton & Markov off the top of my head.

probably the same time they realise keays and murphy are the same.

keays, murph, sholl… all three were great today.. downhill skiing against a bottom 2 side.. and utter trash last week against a top 2 side.

dont worry.. golden tickets were re-issued at the final siren this arvo..
Had to put Jones in defence so we could play Scholl, another reason I would have liked to seen Nank our sub

Back