Preview Changes: R7 vs Collingwood, Sunday April 30, 4.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough after yesterday. Hinge's ankle looked nasty.

Maybe

Out: Hinge
In: Parnell

Thilthorpe was dreadful, but don't want to drop him again yet. Milera is droppable for pulling out of a contest, but probably not the same week as Hinge.

Surely can't play McHenry as a sub again right? Better to let him head back to SANFL for a full run imo.

Do Collingwood even have any tall KPF available? Will we need both Butts & Murray? Might be the only other change I'd be making is to drop Butts & bring someone else if we dont think they've got the talls up forward.

Not sure who I'd be bringing in as the SANFL was underwhelming with no one much banging the door down.

Edit: Forgot about Hinge, see if he's fit, if not then out. None of this playing injured guys crap.

Tough after yesterday. Hinge's ankle looked nasty.

Maybe

In: Parnell

Thilthorpe was dreadful, but don't want to drop him again yet. Milera is droppable for pulling out of a contest, but probably not the same week as Hinge.
Hinge’s ankle looked fine.. it was his hip that was sore.. he landed on it horribly in that marking contest.

Lol at McHenry being suggested as an “in”. 40 of the worst minutes of footy imaginable as a sub doesn’t get you a callup.

If we’re dropping anyone, I would suggest it would be Butts (team balance against a side devoid of talls), Milera (played terribly) or Thilthorpe (played terribly). Everyone else who played poorly enough to be dropped today has enough credits in the bank to survive.

If either or both of Laird / Hinge are unavailable due to injury, I would suggest we’re unlikely to drop anyone other than maybe Butts for team balance reasons, but Milera is the one who might have done himself in there with a complete lack of effort at times today. Nicks and co clearly value continuity.

So, there’s multiple possibilities.

Scenario 1: everyone who played against Hawthorn is deemed fit to play:

Out: Milera
In: Nankervis
OR
Out: Milera, Butts
In: Nankervis, Parnell

Scenario 2: Laird is ruled out, but Hinge is passed fit

Out: Laird
In: Schoenberg
OR
Out: Laird, Butts
In: Schoenberg, Nankervis

Scenario 3: Hinge is ruled out, but Laird is passed fit

OR
Out: Hinge, Butts

Scenario 4: Both Laird and Hinge ruled out

Out: Laird, Hinge
OR
Out: Laird, Hinge, Butts
In: Schoenberg, Nankervis, Parnell

In all 4 scenarios, McHenry goes back to the SANFL and makes way for a different sub. Most likely candidates are Hately, Cook, Schoenberg or even Milera. I don’t think we’ll give Nankervis the vest for his AFL debut.

I wouldn’t be completely stunned to see Himmelberg come in for Thilthorpe, but I hope we give Riley at least one more game, despite his back to back complete clunkers against Carlton and Hawthorn.

I'm all for unchanged this week. A bad week in the SANFL and a character building win in the AFL doesn't motivate me to change it up.

Maybe McHenry for Berry just to give him a full game, or something like that?

That said, I'll * with Nankervis for Milera because I think the Nank has a very bright future ahead of him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous calls for RT to possibly be dropped, he learns absolutely nothing from going back to the SANFL.

A few weeks ago he was winning the game off his own boot against Port kicking 5. He is a 20 year old 202 cm player who has less than 35 games experience, he will have good and bad games and we just need to see it through.

This week can't possibly be unchanged.
That was shiezenhausen today.
Would need to re-watch it which I don't know if I could put myself through it but Milera, Hinge, Butts, Keays, Murphy, McHenry stood out as droppable.

In
Gollant Parnell Worrell? (If fit) Nankervis

Last edited:
Ridiculous calls for RT to possibly be dropped, he learns absolutely nothing from going back to the SANFL.

A few weeks ago he was winning the game off his own boot against Port kicking 5. He is a 20 year old 202 cm player who has less than 35 games experience, he will have good and bad games and we just need to see it through.

Some wanted Soligo to have time in the SANFL after last week.

Lol at McHenry being suggested as an “in”. 40 of the worst minutes of footy imaginable as a sub doesn’t get you a callup.

If we’re dropping anyone, I would suggest it would be Butts (team balance against a side devoid of talls), Milera (played terribly) or Thilthorpe (played terribly). Everyone else who played poorly enough to be dropped today has enough credits in the bank to survive.

If either or both of Laird / Hinge are unavailable due to injury, I would suggest we’re unlikely to drop anyone other than maybe Butts for team balance reasons, but Milera is the one who might have done himself in there with a complete lack of effort at times today. Nicks and co clearly value continuity.

So, there’s multiple possibilities.

Scenario 1: everyone who played against Hawthorn is deemed fit to play:

Out: Milera
OR
Out: Milera, Butts

Scenario 2: Laird is ruled out, but Hinge is passed fit

Out: Laird
In: Schoenberg
OR
Out: Laird, Butts

Scenario 3: Hinge is ruled out, but Laird is passed fit

OR
Out: Hinge, Butts

Scenario 4: Both Laird and Hinge ruled out

Out: Laird, Hinge
OR
Out: Laird, Hinge, Butts
In: Schoenberg, Nankervis, Parnell

In all 4 scenarios, McHenry goes back to the SANFL and makes way for a different sub. Most likely candidates are Hately, Cook, Schoenberg or even Milera. I don’t think we’ll give Nankervis the vest for his AFL debut.

I wouldn’t be completely stunned to see Himmelberg come in for Thilthorpe, but I hope we give Riley at least one more game, despite his back to back complete clunkers against Carlton and Hawthorn.
Yeah McHenry needs to go get a full game in the SANFL. Agree on Butts especially if Collingwood don't have much height down the forward line we'd be better being more mobile with a decent ball user + pressure player brought in.

Tilthorpe not the best last couple weeks but I wouldn't drop him. It is interesting that the best he looked was when Fogarty was out & he was up there with Tex. Feels like maybe part of it is the role too? That said his ruck work the last couple weeks has been a liability whilst ROB has been serviceable at least. If the Pies are a bit smaller might be an opportunity for Tilthorpe to grab some more contested type marks over smaller opponents.

Yes

M

Must have missed the post on who wanted him dropped

RT seems to get a bit lost up forward with Tex and Fog there as well. I'd like to see him play further up the ground. He's taken some clutch marks on the wing in the last few weeks when he hasn't had an impact up forward.

RT seems to get a bit lost up forward with Tex and Fog there as well. I'd like to see him play further up the ground. He's taken some clutch marks on the wing in the last few weeks when he hasn't had an impact up forward.
He'll be fine long term I'm sure, just the classic case of a big ruck type guy taking longer for it to click.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back