Preview Changes: R21 vs Gold Coast, Saturday August 5th, 1.40pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

This is where we usually go in unchanged (excluding injuries).

Weeks of stinky selection followed by an unexpected win. I reckon they will just replace Butts.

If it were me:

Out:

Murphy deserved to be dropped weeks ago and got a reprieve. Still giving us nothing.
Butts

In:

Rachele
Borlase - Now or never

Sloane stays as sub.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ins: Borlase, Rachele
Outs: Butts (inj), Murphy

B: Michalanney, Borlase, Keane
HB: Nankervis, Worrell, Milera
C: Jones, Dawson, Hinge
HF: Pedlar, Walker, Keays
F: Fogarty, Thilthorpe, McAdam
R: O'Brien, Rachele, Laird
I: Smith, Crouch, Schoenberg, Soligo
Sub: Sloane

Pedlar may need resting soon too.

Last edited:
Borlase and Rachele for Butts and Murphy are two obvious ones.

Cook and Berry should also be rewarded, and I'd bring them in for Keays and Sloane, but there's no way three unforced changes will be made.

So, likely just the first two changes.

In
Cook sub , Borlase, Berry, Rachele

Out
Keays Murphy Butts Sloane sub

Last edited:
Ins: Borlase, Cook
Outs: Butts (inj), Murphy

B: Michalanney, Borlase, Keane
HB: Nankervis, Worrell, Milera
C: Jones, Dawson, Hinge
HF: Pedlar, Walker, Keays
F: Fogarty, Thilthorpe, McAdam
R: O'Brien, Rachele, Laird
I: Smith, Schoenberg, Cook, Soligo
Sub: Sloane

Pedlar may need resting soon too.
We have 4 games left! Peds can rest after the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I’d do..

Butts for Borlase
keays for newchurch
murphy for cook

keep sloane as sub

crouch played well.. but now they have to make a decision.. are they gonna give him another contract and continue playing him or are they not going to give him another and, if thats the case, send him back to the sanfl.

playing crouch, no matter how well he plays, is a waste of games time experience that could be given to another player if we are just gonna delist crouch anyway in four weeks from now.

What I’d do..

Butts for Borlase
keays for newchurch
murphy for cook

keep sloane as sub

crouch played well.. but now they have to make a decision.. are they gonna give him another contract and continue playing him or are they not going to give him another and, if thats the case, send him back to the sanfl.

playing crouch, no matter how well he plays, is a waste of games time experience that could be given to another player if we are just gonna delist crouch anyway in four weeks from now.
Sloaney is done. Give him a couple of weeks off and get him fresh for a sendoff against Swans. Boak and Sloane need to retire.

I think we will sign him on at this point.
Will go back to melb imo. I think the club may have told him that he isn't getting another contract. I reckon we are doing him a favour to get a deal elsewhere.

What I’d do..

Butts for Borlase
keays for newchurch
murphy for cook

keep sloane as sub

Rachele?

Do we give Pedlar a rest? Or no point now this late in the season? My first thought was for him to make way for Rachele for a week off. But more than happy for Murphy to drop out for Rachele.

If Butts is I injured then I would like to see Borlase get a go

Do we give Pedlar a rest? Or no point now this late in the season? My first thought was for him to make way for Rachele for a week off. But more than happy for Murphy to drop out for Rachele.

Rest for peds end of the year.

Will go back to melb imo. I think the club may have told him that he isn't getting another contract. I reckon we are doing him a favour to get a deal elsewhere.
Not a favour if he has a big hand in winning games of football. He's undroppable for the next couple of games at this point.

Crouch looked good.
Borlase and Rachele, in for Butts and Murphy.
Shoenberg and Keays have one more game next week to show that their kicking skills aren’t complete liabilities.

With Rachele back I think it'd be a good time to give Pedlar a rest.

Cook needs to come back in I think, but unforced changes after a win isn't Nicks style at all.

Crouch looked good.
Borlase and Rachele, in for Butts and Murphy.
Shoenberg and Keays have one more game next week to show that their kicking skills aren’t complete liabilities.
Schoenberg has gone backwards. He obviously excels at sanfl but at AFL he struggles. Lacks a yard of pace at afl and not a good kick under pressure. I think I would rather see Berry or Cook.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back