Preview Gold Coast Suns v Adelaide Crows, Saturday 16th of March, People First Stadium, Gold Coast, 7.40pm Adelaide time.

Who will be the sub?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Also the fans will have a little bit more trust in the team, I don't think anyone has trusted this team since the week between the PF 2017 and the GF 2017
The team I trust. The coaches I don’t. Picking Berry is a good sign though. It depends on the final match-up. If Soligo is sub and Sholl is in and the conditions are slippery then that’s a fail. We also need our best ball users in the guts at the start, if Crouch is on the bench that is another fail.

More importantly I want to see Nicks be proactive if things start to get out of hand.

Anyone having trouble with their digital membership showing up in the Crows app? Thought it would be there by now
It was there weeks ago with a countdown for each game when ticket come available.

Already added next weeks match to the Apple wallet

Still 32 days until you can add the game after.

Maybe delete app and reinstall

I can't believe everyone just let "Fogarty and Butts are pre-rebuild players" and Rankine not even being mentioned slide. Thilthorpe was clearly not going to be third tall pre-injury and no s**t we play an elite undersized lock down defender in the back pocket.

Also "7 out of 8 leadership group players are pre-rebuild" is just an insane thing to say. Like what, Hinge and Keays are pre-rebuild players? Please.

The claim was we kneecapped the side to tank to gain core players at the pointy end of the draft.

We didn't tank to get Fogarty or Butts or Keays or Hinge. We already had them or they were delisted free agents.

We tanked to get Thilthorpe, Rachele, Pedlar, Curtin and Rankine. That's the group we cut into the list and fell down the ladder to obtain

None of those players are core players for us yet. Rankine is the closest but right now he's still a small forward mostly.

The best we can say is during the rebuild we swapped one core player, which was tossing Brad Crouch and obtaining Jordan Dawson, who we didn't even play in the midfield to begin with

I can't believe everyone just let "Fogarty and Butts are pre-rebuild players" and Rankine not even being mentioned slide. Thilthorpe was clearly not going to be third tall pre-injury and no s**t we play an elite undersized lock down defender in the back pocket.

Also "7 out of 8 leadership group players are pre-rebuild" is just an insane thing to say. Like what, Hinge and Keays are pre-rebuild players? Please.
Was going to reply to it, but i couldn’t be bothered responding to so many alternative facts

The claim was we kneecapped the side to tank to gain core players at the pointy end of the draft.

We didn't tank to get Fogarty or Butts or Keays or Hinge. We already had them or they were delisted free agents.

We tanked to get Thilthorpe, Rachele, Pedlar, Curtin and Rankine. That's the group we cut into the list and fell down the ladder to obtain

None of those players are core players for us yet. Rankine is the closest but right now he's still a small forward mostly.

The best we can say is during the rebuild we swapped one core player, which was tossing Brad Crouch and obtaining Jordan Dawson, who we didn't even play in the midfield to begin with
Have those five been expected to be core players yet? Apart from Rankine (who has two or more years on the rest and came in relatively ready to impact), not really, particularly as some of our core from the start of the rebuild (Tex, Laird and now Mrouch) are still performing

The point of a rebuild is to rejuvenate the list with obvious talent and get rid of old/bad deadweight, which we’ve done to a pretty reasonable quality

As long as our young guys keep growing as players, even when the veteran trio I mentioned above drop off, we should be okay

Have those five been expected to be core players yet? Apart from Rankine (who has two or more years on the rest and came in relatively ready to impact), not really, particularly as some of our core from the start of the rebuild (Tex, Laird and now Mrouch) are still performing

The point of a rebuild is to rejuvenate the list with obvious talent and get rid of old/bad deadweight, which we’ve done to a pretty reasonable quality

As long as our young guys keep growing as players, even when the veteran trio I mentioned above drop off, we should be okay

But that's my point though. We still have older players in key roles, and the young guys we rebuilt to get aren't expected to be core players yet.

Thus the rebuild is not complete

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable that Curtin isn’t a core player yet 😂

I get why people are assuming Soligo is going to be the sub, but don’t rule out Pedlar - I suspect the inclusion of Berry means Bez will split time between half forward and inside midfield, which may relegate Pedlar to the vest.

There is no way newly minted Leadership Group legend Lachie Murphy is going to be sub either, so there’s another forward half player that might push Pedlar out of the 22 for this game. Throw in Keays, Rankine, Rachele - it’s definitely on the cards.

It’s a toss up between Pedlar and Soligo for mine. Personally they’d both be in my starting 18, let alone 22, but here we are.

If Soligo is named as sub, it’s got Tom Lynch in Tassie vibes because he’s clearly in our best dozen players, so if he’s in the vest it’s because he isn’t fit, and if he isn’t fit he shouldn’t be named at all.

So yeah, I’ll go with Pedlar as sub as a prediction.
You're giving the club too much credit. I bet Soligo is fit. Young players need to know their place.

He was such a fantastic player, but that always made me smile

We wanted to let him know he sucked because he very much didn’t.
A very good player.
Unfortunately he didn't understand the aussie way that it was really a complement that we booed him.
We always boo the oppositions good players like we cheer on our good players
He just took it the wrong way

But that's my point though. We still have older players in key roles, and the young guys we rebuilt to get aren't expected to be core players yet.

Thus the rebuild is not complete
As long as you’re not suggesting that it’s a bad thing

Back