Review AFLW Round 5 - Adelaide v Gold Coast @ Unley Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching on the fly today seemed like some Ghosts of last season past reared their head again today. Will need to sharpen up if they’re going to avoid a pantsing next week against the Dees.

Beaten up a bit around the contest at times especially by Rowbottom, poor inside 50s & lots of slow decision making.

Also shows how important Marinoff has become to spark the quick ball movement the team relies on to kick a score, team certainly lacked some dynamism around contest with her under a heavy tag that’s a worry even despite Hatchard stepping up at times to carry some of the load today.

Thought even though Allan and McKinnon ultimately combined to win the hitouts thought they were not at their best.

Backline stood up and needed to after some indifferent efforts from the midfield, 22 marks between Prowse, Biddell, Tonon, Goodwin & Mueller today.

Gould, Ponter and Jones classy as ever & able to make most of their chances, but thought they were’t given enough chances as they could’ve been, Bonner guilty on a few and occasions.

Newman good again, her main strength her kicking again very good especially in the 1st half, should be disappointed missing that shot on goal though but again also called for the ball in some not very good spots that did put her and her teammates under some pressure.

The team also probably showing the first signs of fatigue which was evident a little league wide this round, escape with a 32 point win though against an improving team who stuck to their plan pretty well today.

The commentary was just poor.
I guess they were trying to talk up GC to make the game interesting.
GC tried to make it into a contested scrap.
Melbourne will be an interesting game next week.
Gold Coast successfully stifled us through the midfield, but never looked even close to scoring.

Melbourne will be a very different proposition. I'm expecting roughly a 5 goal loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The commentary was just poor.
I guess they were trying to talk up GC to make the game interesting.
GC tried to make it into a contested scrap.
Melbourne will be an interesting game next week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It’s every bloody game though!

How good is Jones?

She's had an interesting season so far. Down on form in her usual wing role, but the move up forward has been a winner.

So who is the lucky charm again. No loses on CV.

I suspect that's about to come to an end next week. Fingers crossed our defence holds up against Melbourne!

Melbourne is a mighty challenge. To win we will need to close the game down and turn it into a brawl, much the same as Gold Coast tried to do to us. The Ds are devastating on the outside and their skills are tops.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
We've been developing an outside game this year. Probably to specifically counter the good teams as that's where we've lost it in recent years.

Coaches votes are in:

9 - Anne Hatchard (ADEL)
7 - Chelsea Biddell (ADEL)
7 - Madison Newman (ADEL)
5 - Charlie Rowbottom (GCFC)
1 - Zoe Prowse (ADEL)
1 - Lucy Single (GCFC)

Unique breakdown other than being able to interchange Biddell/Newman and Prowse/Single.

Good to see Prowse in the votes! Is that her first ever time?

5 Hatchard
4 Biddell/Newman
3 Rowbottom
2 Newman/Biddell
1 Prowse/Single

5 Newman/Biddell
4 Hatchard
3 Biddell/Newman
2 Rowbottom
1 Single/Prowse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back