Review AFLW Round 9 - Adelaide v North Melbourne. Sunday 29 October @ Norwood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Adelaide v North Melbourne
Sunday 29 October
2:35pm
Norwood Oval

Was last week the loss we had to have? Was last week the loss North Melbourne had to have?

Who's going to rebound for the win this week?

How come Ebony Marinoff isn't on the injury list? Is this an oversight?

She failed to play the final qtr against the BL so I just assumed she was injured.
She was actually out there in final quarter. Someone said she was out then they said Hatchy was out, but then I saw both of them on the field (in the same play no less). Not sure what's going on!

Sarah Allan is back 🥳

Extended squad, looking like one change with one of Tonon, Munyard, Waterhouse or Levy out for her. Varnhagen & Whiteley in that extend squad instead of Kustermann & Smith grim to see.

Better not drop Levy after last week, Munyard probably should be most at risk but they have shown they do like to drop Tonon. Waterhouse is an interesting one as playing as a forward hasn’t kicked any goals in 5 weeks but still feel she is providing a lot more to that forward line than what Martin is currently.

With Bonner pushing to be back next week there will be even more selection pressure next week.

Last edited:
Sarah Allan is back 🥳

Extended squad, looking like one change with one of Tonon, Munyard, Waterhouse or Levy out for her. Varnhagen & Whiteley in that extend squad instead of Kustermann & Smith grim to see.

Better not drop Levy after last week, Munyard probably should be most at risk but they have shown they do like to drop Tonon. Waterhouse is an interesting one as playing as a forward hasn’t kicked any goals in 5 weeks but still feel she is providing a lot more to that forward line than what Martin is currently.

With Bonner pushing to be back next week there will be even more selection pressure next week.
Probably Tonon.

Waterhouse has been good as a goal assists and pressure player. I think it will be Tonon.

So glad to see Allan back :) Big game for her to return, too!
Sarah Allan’s such an important inclusion for obvious reasons and not only for that defensive organisation that has started to break down and look a bit messy over recent weeks but also specifically for this match in particular given North will lineup with the 3 marking talls up forward (Emma King, Shierlaw and Randall) her inclusion is also saving the team and us supporters from another Whiteley experiment down back 😉.

That being said the game-plan is pretty obvious against North (as it has always historically been against them), like what the Dees did last week (and like what opposition teams that come up against Marinoff & Hatchard would say); limit one or both of Garner and Riddell in the middle and that sets you on your way. Bruton can cause some issues as the 3rd banana in there and Kearney has/can always influence things across half-back but a hard tag on Garner with Charlton is what I’d do and expect them to do. I’ve been slightly annoyed/worried with Charlton dropping in and out of games recently so she’ll need to step up big time on Sunday.

North and the Crows have historically always played the most similar style to each other which always leads to ridiculously scrappy games, even the historically main influential players on both teams (Hatchard, Marinoff & Randall Vs Garner, Riddell & Kearney) are pretty much just ‘Bizarro’ versions of each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should’ve been a easy inside 50, straight away from the centre bounce but Hatchard with the stupidest handball. Goes down the other end goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back