Review AFLW Round 8 - Brisbane v Adelaide - Saturday 21 October @ Brighton Homes Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Diabolical umpiring performance. They refused to show the count all game so I'll show it for you, 16-7. Three 50m penalties in that. Almost none of it actually there.

All that being said, if Goodwin kicks that goal we win the match.

Frustrating to lose today, but add Sarah Allan and Najwa Allen into the team and we win fairly easily. Now we just need to make sure we beat North to hold onto a top 2 spot.

They only got a score due to that 10 minute patch at the start of the 2nd quarter.

Move on, hope you don’t have to come up against Starcevich in the finals and at least they can take solace they won’t have to face those biased fluoro Brisbane f**ks in the finals.

Biddell was terrible today. What was with that final play kick out? Go down the middle. Not to the boundary line to the shortest player in the competition. We need to practice those moments and possibly have players like Randall take the kickout as she has a longer kick. Kick it to marking targets like Jones/Gould/McKinnon, etc.

Biddell was terrible today. What was with that final play kick out? Go down the middle. Not to the boundary line to the shortest player in the competition. We need to practice those moments and possibly have players like Randall take the kickout as she has a longer kick. Kick it to marking targets like Jones/Gould/McKinnon, etc.

She committed to a side to get it away from the congestion, and then had to pull the trigger. One of her poorer games but "terrible" is probably too harsh.

Also time for some axings, Thompson and Goodwin out for next week to start with.

Weren’t alone though some horrid mistakes by some individuals, Martin on thin ice too.

Diabolical umpiring performance. They refused to show the count all game so I'll show it for you, 16-7. Three 50m penalties in that. Almost none of it actually there.

All that being said, if Goodwin kicks that goal we win the match.

Frustrating to lose today, but add Sarah Allan and Najwa Allen into the team and we win fairly easily. Now we just need to make sure we beat North to hold onto a top 2 spot.

One of the games where you can almost fully attribute the loss to umpiring.

And I'm usually someone that believes you should just play better to overcome bad umpiring. This was an even contest handed to Brisbane on a platter

Also time for some axings, Thompson and Goodwin out for next week to start with.

I'm not sure what is going on with Thompson. She's still got her physical pace, but her decision-making is glacier slow. It wasn't an issue at all last season so I don't think it's just age catching up with her.

That late switch out wide which Biddell unfortunately dropped was just completely unnecessary and ended up costing us the game.

Yeah not good, dropped some simple marks too and beaten in marking contests quite easily. No where near as good this year as previously. Really need Sarah Allan back there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back