Review AFLW Round 6 - Melbourne v Adelaide @ Casey Fields

Remove this Banner Ad

I was out today and checked scores as I got into car - it was last quarter, no radio coverage and couldn’t get Kayo to work in the car (so I could listen to it). Next stop Bunnings so stopped to watch the score, and had no idea how long was left. Came in to here to ask how long left and you guys had just declared we won! Woo hoo! Just sitting now to watch replay.

Our skills and outside game has improved our of sight this year. It's where we've been cut up the past 2 years. Always been a strong contested team but weaker on the outside. Excellent to see.

Now that was impressive! Marinoff and Hatchard with two enormous games, and most players having strong performances. Particularly pleased with Charlton, Newman and Allen, all were as good as I've seen them.

If we can just find a match up for Zanker we can win the flag this year. Sarah Allan?

Now we just need to hold top spot and we can have a checks notes Norwood Oval GF??????
What??? Not Adelaide Oval due to the cricket?

What??? Not Adelaide Oval due to the cricket?
They announced pre-season where all the GFs will be played

We host @ Norwood Oval

Looking at AO

GF Day is 2 days after Sheffield Shield and 6 days before Big Bash

Though, Womens Big Bash Final is the day before the AFLw GF.

Having said all that, lets rewind to 2017

Australia vs Ireland International Rules on November 12 - 13 days after and 12 days before sheffield shield cricket.

Could the AFL try and use their sway to get it at AO and move SA vs Vic to Karen Rolten Oval.

How bloody good is it watching this team? Love them so much.
Well coached, well organised, tough, always give 100%.

Wish our mens team could consistently be half what this team is.

It's so refreshing that at quarter time I thought "good that it's quarter time, they will respond to a talking to and maybe make some positional moves to get back in it". And they did.

I never, ever feel confident like that with the men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that was impressive! Marinoff and Hatchard with two enormous games, and most players having strong performances. Particularly pleased with Charlton, Newman and Allen, all were as good as I've seen them.

If we can just find a match up for Zanker we can win the flag this year. Sarah Allan?

Now we just need to hold top spot and we can have a checks notes Norwood Oval GF??????
Don’t want to jinx it at all but surely they could organise some temporary stands to be put up at Norwood to get a decent crowd in for finals matches at that tired, old cement bowl.

Probs too much of an effort for those involved and they’ll just squeeze in 4 thousand… with half of them standing and carrying their banned camping chairs.

I checked Sportsbet this morning. The Crows were fourth favourite to win the AFLW Flag.

Will they ever learn? We are a much better team than last season despite losing Ash/Woodward.
I guess they forgot we won the flag last year

Got $10 on at $7.50
Watch them turn around and take away the bet because they had the incorrect odds up.

They once did that to me on a college football game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back