Review AFLW Round 3 - Adelaide v Essendon @ Unley Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got to watch the match on replay. A couple of junk time goals aside, that Q4 was disappointing. But overall a very Crows match - arm wrestle for around 1-2 quarters, then we pull away, with the game over and done with by 3QT. I still feel like that footy won't get it done against the likes of Melbourne, but should be good enough against anyone outside of the top 4 clubs.

Goodwin's best game in Crows colours by a mile. Great to see Ballard rewarded with a couple of goals, I've got a soft spot for her. Ponter and Marinoff competing for best on ground honours.

Toogood is a fantastic contested mark.

Another experienced defender down with injury tonight :(
The young defenders are doing okay though. Mueller popped up for moments, same with Tonon and same with Goodwin and same with Prowse. Whiteley played defence, which was surprising, but it allowed Randall to continue her midfield/forward role, which was good.

Ballard and Waterhouse had their moments as well with some great scores and score involvements. Was a bit concerned about Waterhouse playing on from 10-15m out which led to a Hatchard goal, but thought she should've just gone back and taken the shot.

Rachele Martin was a little quiet, but everyone else played well.

Was a bit worried about Gould taking that tight angle shot, because as we know, most of these players can't kick on both feet and Ponter is the only player I'd trust with a banana, but thankfully Gould is a very good drop punt. She had a couple great goals.

Jess Allan was great in the ruck. That hit out that went straight to Hatchy and led to a forward 50 entry was fantastic.

Hatchy/Noffy played their standard star games.

Ponter is a star! BOG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back