AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Adelaide v Western Bulldogs
Friday 13 October
6:45pm
Norwood Oval

Well! What a win the girls had on the weekend. This week, they face the winless Bulldogs, but I sense this could be a danger game for us. In our last two premierships, our sole loss in both seasons were against the Bulldogs (and both by 1 point).

Still, I think the girls will be pretty switched on for this game. They'll know not to take the Dogs lightly, despite their 0-6 record.

Just off topic.

Rd 9 - Is there murmurs of the game being shifted to Norwood?

I thought it was at Unley, but have just seen something from someone within the SANFL indicating there's an event at Norwood for the Crows-North game???

Just off topic.

I thought it was at Unley, but have just seen something from someone within the SANFL indicating there's an event at Norwood for the Crows-North game???

It definitely won’t be at Unley as their resurfacing works have started.

I expect the game will go to Norwood but it would be nice if another ground got to host a SANFL game (like Glenelg and Noarlunga have the past 2 seasons).

Just off topic.

Confirmed by text at 2.28pm today. Round 9 clash moved to Norwood Sun 29 October at 2:35pm. Round 10 Match against Eagles locking in for Sat Nov 4 at 2:25pm at Mineral Resources Park.

Interesting if they make any changes this week, get the feeling they won’t want to after last game but will be interesting if they do look to yo-yo McKinnon back in, the player I feel would be most expendable is Munyard who after 2 weeks back (much like her entire AFLW career) has shown nothing to convince me she will improve as a player at this level, has just continued to run around and not get near the ball. It’s a shame because I always thought we’d eventually see that crafty goalkicking winger she was at SANFLW level.

Bonner probably the only other one there’s doubt about but don’t know how they look to replace her at the moment given the dearth of any forward replacements, maybe Tonon to come back and to be tried there or brought in and Randall moved back forward?

I know they won’t do it but it would be the ideal opportunity to have a look at a Taylah Levy or Brooke Smith to see what they’ve got or to give some more AFLW game time to Kustermann.

Last edited:
Interesting if they make any changes this week, get the feeling they won’t want to after last game but will be interesting if they do look to yo-yo McKinnon back in, the player I feel would be most expendable is Munyard who after 2 weeks back (much like her entire AFLW career) has shown nothing to convince me she will improve as a player at this level, has just continued to run around and not get near the ball. It’s a shame because I always thought we’d eventually see that crafty goalkicking winger she was at SANFLW level.

Bonner probably the only other one there’s doubt about but don’t known how they look to replace her at the moment given the dearth of any forward replacements, maybe Tonon to come back and to be tried there or brought in and Randall moved back forward?

I know they won’t do it but it would be the ideal opportunity to have a look at a Taylah Levy or Brooke Smith to see what they’ve got or to give some more AFLW game time to Kustermann.

I think Munyard has been alright since returning, but I agree she and Bonner are the closest to being on the chopping block. I'd have Bonner out before Munyard personally.

If think Bonner will go out eventually one way or another - once Sarah Allan returns, I think they'll swing Randall up forward and replace Bonner if they haven't already. She's just not providing enough at the moment, one goal in the last five matches and three touches against Melbourne.

I think Munyard has been alright since returning, but I agree she and Bonner are the closest to being on the chopping block. I'd have Bonner out before Munyard personally.

If think Bonner will go out eventually one way or another - once Sarah Allan returns, I think they'll swing Randall up forward and replace Bonner if they haven't already. She's just not providing enough at the moment, one goal in the last five matches and three touches against Melbourne.
Problem with Munyard is she is just there and going through the motions as a player, she’s at the same level she was 2 seasons ago and doesn’t look like improving, it’s got to the point I’d rather an unknown quantity be given a go now.

The club confirmed Bonner would miss 2-3 weeks so she's definitely out
Thought that would be the case, certainly couldn’t play out the 2nd half Vs Melbourne, you just know they’ll be thinking Whiteley in 🤮

Anyone know the status of Dowrick? Any chance of her playing this season? I remember one game where she kicked around 4 goals and looks quite promising up forward.

Anyone know the status of Dowrick? Any chance of her playing this season? I remember one game where she kicked around 4 goals and looks quite promising up forward.
She’s on the inactive list & been replaced by Brooke Smith, she’s still around the group but I doubt she’ll be seen at AFLW again certainly not for the Crows. That performance was a one-off against a quite frankly not AFLW standard GWS team, too lazy on field and whilst she could kick a ball alright didn’t have much other ability especially without ball in hand, her sister is far better suited to the game for a number of reasons.

She’s on the inactive list & been replaced by Brooke Smith, she’s still around the group but I doubt she’ll be seen at AFLW again certainly not for the Crows. That performance was a one-off against a quite frankly not AFLW standard GWS team, too lazy on field and whilst she could kick a ball alright didn’t have much other ability especially without ball in hand, her sister is far better suited to the game for a number of reasons.
You give good insight. Are you an AFLW recruiter by any chance? 😄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Levy on that emergency list again…
door-bell-anybody-home.gif

Keep on tryin’

I thought she looked pretty good in that game and then got injured didn’t she? Didn’t realise it was a one off.

Absolute shocking jumper clash against the Bulldogs in an Indigenous round again, this time in the AFLW.

Just get the memo out to teams they need to create home & clash based versions of the guernsey.

Jeez surely they know kicking it on top of Martin’s head is not a viable forward entry method, has strong kicking it high to Lachie Murphy one out vibes in the men’s team a few years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back